Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Congrats Blackberry. God wants us to be patient...and that YOU were. And now it's gonna pay off. Very happy for you!

Lilian

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Congratulations Black-Berry!!! I am so happy for you :D On Monday you will get your PR for sure!

I never heard before that a file was transferred by mistake...I'm speechless.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Lilian said:
Congratulations Black-Berry!!! I am so happy for you :D On Monday you will get your PR for sure!

Thank you all :)... Dont worry im speechless too.
i have searched these forums from the beginning and ive seen a couple of cases like mine (well almost )!. where they were called just like me. and had their PR issued/granted.
Question is?,, It may not be PR but she asked me to go in with my passport and specific documentation. she didnt ask me to go with any PR fee or any photos. soo... i am just guessing. And yes she asked me to go with my husband (sponsor) and they wanted to see his original Canadian citizenship card . I dunno why because i had sent certified copies of my marriage license, his canadian Citizenship, and my passport. basically all gvt issued documentation i spent the extra dollar and had them certified by a lawyer. But she asked me to come with them.
Monday cant get here fast enough... :)....I never thought id be this anxious on a friday for a Monday in my whole entire life!..

Lilian said:

lillian, the way she sounded she kinda blamed vegreville for transferring the file... she said as soon as she got my file, she took a look @ it and called me immediately. Her exact words were (I cant believe Vegreville sent such a straight forward case here!). she said all they had to do was just request further information. soo yeah someones not doing their job... Not my problem! blah blah woteva!..... I Thank God i have such an awesome visa officer and local office. if they screw up, they gotta fix it...

I had applied for my OWP together with my applciation. but a few people here who have had a similar experience to mines and were called and were grante pr immediately were refunded their OWP money. All i can do is pray if this is my case :). whatever the outcome. ill be happy. if its just AIP, i will be happy. I will take whatever they give me so long as its positive :)......

You are all so encouraging. thank you for the good thoughts......

Misplaced Brit said:
LOL! LOVE that idea!!
Oh i DID tell dh!!. thanks Robrod for the idea!. i told him this morning though!. it was hard to "bottle " up the joy in me the whole of yesterday so i acted distant to him alll night to throw him off..!. Last night i went to his laptop and he had an appointment for Monday the same time so i cancelled it :D. and put in my appointment date. i made him cofee, bacon and eggs in the morning and i got blue roses (his fav color and put it with a card next to his laptop. Saying urgent appointment. whe he woke up he wondered and said his birthday is not until next week i smiled then he opened his laptop to check his mail and as soon as he opened it there it was :D....i could see mixed emotions. he cried/laughed hugged,kissed me everything imagineable! he said that sounds like its good news :)... to say he was happy is an understatement...

R

robrod

Great story, I'm quite sure it must have been real hard for you to contain the good news all day and nite yesterday!!!...
I'm sure you did throw DH quite off with being distant especially at nite time. I can only imagine his very happy face (perhaps a long, big smile) and looking at you in disbelief.
I think you have a great chance of it being a landing interview!. She didn't ask for the ROPRF but nowadays with the power of a credit card, anything is possible and most people carry one with them. I still believe it has to be a landing interview...
This will be a very long weekend for you and being on the west coast (3 hours less than here on the east one) doesn't help.... I hope you all keep busy together tomorrow and sunday so that monday can finally be there for you... My last nite as a mere mortal (meaning not a PR) was long and I didn't sleep much myself... good thing our appointment was at 8:15 am so that at 6 I had the perfect excuse to be up and at it...
The best of luck for monday, L!.
I think you are going to land!!!!.
Rob.

suzanne_m

Jan 29, 2010
Edmonton
Visa Office......
CIC Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2009
AOR Received.
29-05-2009
LANDED..........
04-21-2010
Congrats Blackberry!!!

You know, it just might be both. We got called for an interview over the phone on a Thursday, got open work permit on Friday, and on Monday, got a letter requesting us to pay our ROPF fee and to go for an interview in April.

They were quite vague about the interview, we actually were not entirely sure until we got to the landing interview.

Hope you get both!

R

robrod

There you go!...
This is very helpful, thanks for sharing, Suzanne!.
Cheers!.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Thanks Suzanne.
I will wait and see.
Meanwhile i have been studying all the codes on my foss file and i have a few questions and help with them..

One line says

20 th July 2010 letter sent to Client requesting missing work and Address History and CSIS Update ...CTB/IPS
04 OCT 2010 recd 03AUG2010
WRK/ADDR History entered CSIS/RCMP Sent
PA to AFL
CNP/J

some help will be highly appreciated :)..

What do theacronyms stand for does anyone know?

ETA.. Looks like my RCMP and CSIS checks were sent on October 4th which is about 2 months from now. Se depending on if they have these results i guess will determine if i will get my PR. hey am just keeping it real here lol...

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
The interview is a formality. The IO is just going through everything in the book, making sure your file will be perfect, that's why the information they are asking for is just basic stuff.

Its not PR......but nearly is....the IO will stamp your file with a big YES....this will go into the system, your letters will come stating AIP and your PR landing date will come a few weeks later.

This is what a friend, whom is a Border Guard predicts will happen through her experience.

You got s@@t on by Vegreville, they messed up......and I am so sorry you had to go through all this but sooooooooo happy that finally your time is near.

Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
angelbrat said:
The interview is a formality. The IO is just going through everything in the book, making sure your file will be perfect, that's why the information they are asking for is just basic stuff.

Its not PR......but nearly is....the IO will stamp your file with a big YES....this will go into the system, your letters will come stating AIP and your PR landing date will come a few weeks later.

This is what a friend, whom is a Border Guard predicts will happen through her experience.

You got s @ @ t on by Vegreville, they messed up......and I am so sorry you had to go through all this but sooooooooo happy that finally your time is near.

Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Angelbrat..

do you know why they asked me to come with my passport and marriage cert even though i had provided certified copies?.of my marriage certificate?. They also asked dh to come with his canadian citizenship card Hmm...

Also, i applied for OWP with my application .

I cant believe how far away Monday sees. Every day feels like three days in one!.

i know it may take a couple weeks to get whatever it is be it AIP or PR but i just need that in writing..

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you haven't paid RFPR yet, they can't issue PR and land you on Monday. But bring the cheque book!

Sounds like they are dotting i's and crossing t's to ensure everything is ok. Even though the IO at the local office doesn't agree with Vegreville forwarding the file, they still have to follow protocol. Requesting the original docs is so the IO can verify they have seen them and they are authentic. And just in case, both you and hubby should be prepared for interviews. But from the sound of it, as angelbrat said, just formality.

You know the CSIS and RCMP acronyms. WRK and ADDR are work and address. PA to AFL is Paper Application stored in their filing/storage system (so they know where to find your file). The others look like initials of IOs.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Before I forget or delay any longer I just want to tell you to go to your appointment tomorrow and KICKKKK SOME SWEETT @$$

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Ok so tomorrow is d day and I'll be lying if I say I'm not freaking out.

Hubby and I have decided that we will be prepared for an interview regardless !

The io didn't mention anything about any grilling do you think she may surprise us and pull u u-ey? heheh

Do you think she may ask me/us for Photos anyway?

I've read about couples being separately interviewed I'm not scared of being separately interviewed but I

Also don't wanna assume it won't happen those who know please tell me. Do they let you know in advance

That they interview?

Also what will happen tomorrow I have no idea but I will wanna agree with rjessome and angelbrat it may take a couple of weeks to get a documentation but what are the chances of being landed? Anyone with any last minute advice?

R

robrod

Here's my usual advice to you too, BB: stick to your truths, everything will be alright...
I am rooting for you to be landed tomorrow!. What time are you dropping in?.
Best of luck!.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Robrod. I'm going first thing in the morning she said she is normally off on mondays but she will make it in for us I mean my experience with her has been awesome from the beginning . It's like she was trying to work on my schedule and not hers ! She even gave me her direct number and email address i mean I could bother her if I wanted to! This experience is turning out too good to be true to a point am panicking that someones playing a joke on me!

If they wanna land me I'll take it.