+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP FSW Program Eligibility

sabines92

May 29, 2018
Hi All,

Currently I am in Ontario and having a full time position with a company. The company gave me remote work and company’s location is in Toronto. My offer letter says my work location as the current city which I am living and company doesn't have an office here. Am I eligible to apply OINP FSW stream?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

Currently I am in Ontario and having a full time position with a company. The company gave me remote work and company’s location is in Toronto. My offer letter says my work location as the current city which I am living and company doesn't have an office here. Am I eligible to apply OINP FSW stream?
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream

Here are the requirements. Add up your score and see if your NOC and score are selected. Employer must be willing to fill out forms and support nomination.

sabines92

May 29, 2018
I read this and having confusion in the remote job part. Where will I mention my work, Is it same as which is mentioned in offer letter? Then I will get 10 points for non GTA area, but my company doesn’t have a physical office here. Company have office in Toronto only.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I read this and having confusion in the remote job part. Where will I mention my work, Is it same as which is mentioned in offer letter? Then I will get 10 points for non GTA area, but my company doesn’t have a physical office here. Company have office in Toronto only.
It says location of job offer, so Toronto. It is where the office is.

sabines92

May 29, 2018
In my job offer it is mentioned the location of employment as Kitchener, ON. But there is a clause in the OINP employer requirement such as "have business premises in Ontario where you will work". This part is making confusion.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
In my job offer it is mentioned the location of employment as Kitchener, ON. But there is a clause in the OINP employer requirement such as "have business premises in Ontario where you will work". This part is making confusion.
So use their Kitchener office. If not an office in Kitchener, then it is their Toronto business premise/office. It is not your home address.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Similar scenario here. My friend works remotely, his contract says his employment is in Ontario (he lives in Hamilton), but the company is located in Montreal.