+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP any chance?

Hanada

Apr 24, 2024
My friends and I working as Bakers in Tim Hortons in Huron country (out of GTA) under LMIA till now over one year and we are planning to apply OINP foreigner worker with job offer.
My consultant told me we need job letter and employer form then apply to OINP, all will be fine.
But as looking for official news, out job is classed on general occupation that mean need 50 EOI as the last month draw. Form this week, the skilled trade OINP draw 53 that probably mean for general one will be over than 53.
As far as I am concerned that we would not have any chance since now my profile is around 32. My wage is about 18, I work 5 days a week with around 7.5 hours a day so I can not get 40k per year, language IELTS 5.0.

From now, I don't actually believe in my consultant, please advise me any possible chance of I follow this stream or CEC or any advice please help me.
Thanks you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My friends and I working as Bakers in Tim Hortons in Huron country (out of GTA) under LMIA till now over one year and we are planning to apply OINP foreigner worker with job offer.
My consultant told me we need job letter and employer form then apply to OINP, all will be fine.
But as looking for official news, out job is classed on general occupation that mean need 50 EOI as the last month draw. Form this week, the skilled trade OINP draw 53 that probably mean for general one will be over than 53.
As far as I am concerned that we would not have any chance since now my profile is around 32. My wage is about 18, I work 5 days a week with around 7.5 hours a day so I can not get 40k per year, language IELTS 5.0.

From now, I don't actually believe in my consultant, please advise me any possible chance of I follow this stream or CEC or any advice please help me.
Thanks you!
CEC won't be possible.

Reactions: Hanada and Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Thanks you!
What is your OINP score? Can you increase IELTS?

Reactions: Hanada

Hanada

Apr 24, 2024
What is your OINP score? Can you increase IELTS?
It is about 32 for EOI

Job offer
NOC TEER 2 or 3 – 8 Points
NOC broad occupational category 5, 6 – 3 points
Wage Less than $20 per hour – 0 points
With valid work permit – 10 points
Job tenure with job offer employer 6 months or more working in job offer position – 3 points
Canadian work experience: earnings history Less than $40k earnings in a year – 0 points
Language Official language ability: IELTS 5
CLB 6 or lower – 0 points
0 Official Language – 0 points
Regional immigration: location of job offer Other areas outside GTA (except Northern Ontario) – 8 points

From now my EOI about 32, if I increase my IELTS 5.0 to 6.5 to reach CLB 7 so I get 4 more points and 5 more points for one official language then totaly 41 and not possible for OINP tend to draw. Please advice me, did I calculate right one or something wrong, what could I do to increase my EOI?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It is about 32 for EOI

Job offer
NOC TEER 2 or 3 – 8 Points
NOC broad occupational category 5, 6 – 3 points
Wage Less than $20 per hour – 0 points
With valid work permit – 10 points
Job tenure with job offer employer 6 months or more working in job offer position – 3 points
Canadian work experience: earnings history Less than $40k earnings in a year – 0 points
Language Official language ability: IELTS 5
CLB 6 or lower – 0 points
0 Official Language – 0 points
Regional immigration: location of job offer Other areas outside GTA (except Northern Ontario) – 8 points

From now my EOI about 32, if I increase my IELTS 5.0 to 6.5 to reach CLB 7 so I get 4 more points and 5 more points for one official language then totaly 41 and not possible for OINP tend to draw. Please advice me, did I calculate right one or something wrong, what could I do to increase my EOI?

Thanks
No your points are correct. You need to increase your score by 20 points and the way to do that is get wage increase so your salary is over $40k, make over $20 per hour, and max out IELTS. Even then not sure score is high enough.

Hanada

Apr 24, 2024
No your points are correct. You need to increase your score by 20 points and the way to do that is get wage increase so your salary is over $40k, make over $20 per hour, and max out IELTS. Even then not sure score is high enough.
Thanks you for your response. My consultant still told me to wait, I can not see the final way at the end. As my plan also to get 6.5 and deal with salary. But my concern is that I have 10 months left in my LMIA WP so is it possible to extend it if my owner agree to offer me when most expire and do I need to work after one year when new salary applied that can accumulate 40k a year?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks you for your response. My consultant still told me to wait, I can not see the final way at the end. As my plan also to get 6.5 and deal with salary. But my concern is that I have 10 months left in my LMIA WP so is it possible to extend it if my owner agree to offer me when most expire and do I need to work after one year when new salary applied that can accumulate 40k a year?
You need to show NOA as per site…Based on a Notice of Assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency in the last five years. That only gives you 3 points. You need CLB 7 to get 4 points. Salary over $40k - 5 points. You need to get more points so really need max IELTS.

Is your employer eligible for OINP and willing to fill out the forms to support nomination? Make sure employer meets all eligibility requirements.

Hanada

Apr 24, 2024
Thanks you so much!
In case increase salary and income not possible so should I wait for decrease of general draw of OINP or look for chance PNP through CEC or RNIP? Could you advice me? My age is 38 now and I graduated 3 year college, 1 year college. My CRS is very low.
Please advise me!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks you so much!
In case increase salary and income not possible so should I wait for decrease of general draw of OINP or look for chance PNP through CEC or RNIP? Could you advice me? My age is 38 now and I graduated 3 year college, 1 year college. My CRS is very low.
Please advise me!
Are you eligible for Express Entry and have a profile? CEC is only an option if you have a high enough CRS score. You are on a closed work permit in Ontario so right now only option is OINP and not sure if the score will drop that low. You would have to look at past draws. As for RNIP, you would need to research communities and getting job and community endorsement based on your skills.

In the meantime, you should focus on really improving IELTS to give you more points.

Hanada

Apr 24, 2024
Are you eligible for Express Entry and have a profile? CEC is only an option if you have a high enough CRS score. You are on a closed work permit in Ontario so right now only option is OINP and not sure if the score will drop that low. You would have to look at past draws. As for RNIP, you would need to research communities and getting job and community endorsement based on your skills.

In the meantime, you should focus on really improving IELTS to give you more points.
As checking my CRS score is very low, my age, education and language can not get me to 450. I checked in the pass 2 year OINP never dropped down to 40 for general one so I don't think it will while it's still increasing these months.
Thanks you for your advice!