+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
PUZZLED said:
hello everyone!! I just got a Notice to appear to write a citizenship test on MAY 15 at 8:00am . I'm from Montreal. That would be next week and i havent read anything yet! ??? So anyone from Montreal see you guys on the exam date. Goodluck to everyone!
congratulations. make sure you read "Discover Canada" book properly few times. Don't rely on online tests (online tests are just additional benefit to learn stuff) but your primary source should be "Discover Canada"

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
thecoolguysam said:
congratulations. make sure you read "Discover Canada" book properly few times. Don't rely on online tests (online tests are just additional benefit to learn stuff) but your primary source should be "Discover Canada"
Thanks thecoolguysam, and I agree with you 100%, reading the Discover Canada guide is an absolute must.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
thecoolguysam said:
Thank you so much for your advice! Im starting to review now i only have 10 days more to go hahahah!!! Goodluck everyone! keep you posted..

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
KrisinNS said:
Just took my test today in Halifax, scored 20/20. The questions are not difficult, but you would definitely need to read the Discover Canada Guide to know all the answers.
The interview was smooth too. I was told it could be a few weeks before I get an oath invitation.
Congratulations!!! ;D

SALASTOR

Sep 18, 2014
Hello All

I successfully passed the test in February , still waiting for the oath letter , can someone share with us which date to expect that to arrive

Thanks

vijaysenan

Jun 23, 2011
Hi All

I am actually October Applicant but due to an error my application was resent On Decmber 4th 2014
I resent on December 5th 2014
AOR received on February 9th 2015.
File transferred on March 22nd to Scarborough office.
Yello Color - Interview and Test letter received on April 22nd which April 20th dated.
Interview and Test on May 5th for me and my wife.
Passed exam and also attended the interview. Totally it took one hour.
11:45 - inside the room for exam, 10 minutes instruction, 12 sharp exam, 10 -12 minutes for exam. Waited for 10 minutes and then the interview which took under 15 minutes since they did both mine and my wife and two daughters together.

All clear - Oath Ceremony invitation wait time is 2 - 4 months.
I have requested for the oath ceremony after July since i am going to India. They put a note on it.

Thanks to all for your regular updates. I wish all of you get your citizienship at the earliest.
Sam

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
vijaysenan said:
Hi All

I am actually October Applicant but due to an error my application was resent On Decmber 4th 2014
Yello Color - Interview and Test letter received on April 22nd which April 20th dated.
11:45 - inside the room for exam, 10 minutes instruction, 12 sharp exam, 10 -12 minutes for exam. Waited for 10 minutes and then the interview which took under 15 minutes since they did both mine and my wife and two daughters together.

I have requested for the oath ceremony after July since i am going to India. They put a note on it.

Thanks to all for your regular updates. I wish all of you get your citizienship at the earliest.
Sam
Congratulations

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vijaysenan said:
Hi All

Sam
Congratulations. I have a Yellow colour invite as well for Scarborough, test is scheduled for 14th May.

ind0canadian

Sep 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC to find out about the status of my application. The call centre person told me that it depends on case to case and I should wait another 12 months before freaking out !
:eek:

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
ind0canadian said:
I called CIC to find out about the status of my application. The call centre person told me that it depends on case to case and I should wait another 12 months before freaking out !
:eek:
Oh...why 12 months more??? Did he say anything other than that? What do you think is delaying your application? Background check?

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
benk said:
Oh...why 12 months more??? Did he say anything other than that? What do you think is delaying your application? Background check?
We should support this online petition:

CIC, Adopt a one-line processing standards so applicants from all across Canada will be processed on first-come-first-served basis

https://www.change.org/p/chris-alexander-adopt-a-one-line-processing-standards-so-applicants-from-all-across-canada-will-be-processed-on-first-come-first-served-basis

ind0canadian

Sep 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benk said:
I have no idea. He was not telling me anything else. He said that if I filed my application in October 2014 then there is no need to call and inquire about the case. He further said that it is mentioned on the CIC website that cases may take up to 24 months so I shouldn't be calling them :(

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
ind0canadian said:
I have no idea. He was not telling me anything else. He said that if I filed my application in October 2014 then there is no need to call and inquire about the case. He further said that it is mentioned on the CIC website that cases may take up to 24 months so I shouldn't be calling them :(
I know how it feels my friend... Its like in the dark and can't see the door way out... However, hang on and our time will come :)

ind0canadian

Sep 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benk said:
I know how it feels my friend... Its like in the dark and can't see the door way out... However, hang on and our time will come :)
Thanks benk. Hopefully, soon we'll have test invites :)

Kilimandjaro

Oct 1, 2014
GUYS!!!

GOOD NEWS! I JUST RECEIVED THE PINK LETTER!!! INVITATION TO TAKE OATH IN SCARBOUROUGH ON MAY 21, 2015!

WOW, THAT WAS FAST! I PASSED THE TEST AND INTERVIEW ON APRIL 28TH AND I FEEL LUCKY WHEN I KNOW MANY WHO PASSED THE TEST BEFORE ME ARE STILL EXPECTING THE OATH LETTER! HANG ON THERE! YOURS IS COMING SOON!

I APPLIED IN OCTOBER 2014.

GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU!

CHEERS