+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

Canstar

Mar 27, 2015
icemwaahh said:
congratulations! that was fast :)

I had my exam 13th of April and was told that I will hear from them in about 2 to 4 months for the oath taking. I wish to hear from them soon.
Thanx Icemwaahh!!!

Check your postal mail daily and your E-cas too.

Good Luck!! :)

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canstar said:
Thanx Icemwaahh!!!

Check your postal mail daily and your E-cas too.

Good Luck!! :)
Good news guys. E-CAS updated today mentioning that we have our test on 14th May. Letter was sent on Apr 22, not yet received in our mailbox. This is just in time as I am travelling outside the country today and returning on May 7th. Was worried about the test invite coming during my travel. All the best for all you guys still waiting.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Good news guys. E-CAS updated today mentioning that we have our test on 14th May. Letter was sent on Apr 22, not yet received in our mailbox. This is just in time as I am travelling outside the country today and returning on May 7th. Was worried about the test invite coming during my travel. All the best for all you guys still waiting.
Great News everyone and for you Garian4u... Wish you all the best... We will be waiting an updates after you got through the test and interview. I hope your RQ is completed and you receive the Oath right after the interview... :)

Apr 9, 2015
radintahvildari said:
Here is my ecas status;

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 9, 2014.

We started processing your application on December 24, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on January 28, 2015. The Ottawa office will contact you.

Received the RQ on December 22 which I sent back the form + the supporting documents on February 9. Haven't heard back since then! I received the AOR + the booklet in November. Anyone similar to my case?
Called the CIC office last Wednesday. The conversation was very short. I was told for cases which RQ is requested, the process may take averagely up to 36 months!!!??? :-[ :( :( :( :( Similar thing mentioned in the website, but I was hopeful that they might be able to keep me updated more about the status of my file :(

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov 06 said:
Great News everyone and for you Garian4u... Wish you all the best... We will be waiting an updates after you got through the test and interview. I hope your RQ is completed and you receive the Oath right after the interview... :)
Thanks a lot for your wishes.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone please share the tracking sheet for October if there is any?

Thanks

roswell1976

Feb 23, 2015
My Timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 6, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 15, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on January 16, 2015. The Ottawa office will contact you.

Until now, Im still waiting for my test date.

I never received my study booklet. I just downloaded it from the CIC website.

I just got an email from CIC acknowledging that they received my application.

Hey guys, how many months more do you I need to wait in order for me to receive my test date.?

Thanks

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
roswell1976 said:
My Timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 6, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 15, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on January 16, 2015. The Ottawa office will contact you.

Until now, Im still waiting for my test date.

I never received my study booklet. I just downloaded it from the CIC website.

I just got an email from CIC acknowledging that they received my application.

Hey guys, how many months more do you I need to wait in order for me to receive my test date.?

Thanks
Hi roswell1976,

Am also waiting for my test date. Applied Oct/Nov 2014... Until now, still IP and waiting for test date.

benk

icemwaahh

Nov 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, Ive been reading on this forum and had encountered RQ several times already. What is RQ (questionmark) something is wrong with my keyboard :( Thanks!

Kilimandjaro

Oct 1, 2014
Guys,

I took my test this morning in Scarborough, and then I went in for the interview with a kind lady officer who told me it was her first day interviewing people....

She congratulated me for a perfect score (20/20).

She asked me if I was still working, if I have ever been convicted, etc...

She checked documents. I told her I had my CBSA report with me, and then she said she has it too. She matched the dates each time she found what she wanted, she nodded and ticked (✓) Sign on my residency calculator. I provided translations for the chinese stamps in my passport, but she didn't bother reading them, she just put them in my file and wrote : Translations provided.

Then she told me that I will receive a letter with the color different of that of the test invitation to attend the oath ceremony in about 2 to 3 months at the same location but on the other side of the building and that an officer will be there to assist me should I have any question about the Oath of Citizenship. I then asked : So the next step is oath? She said: Yes...

And she walked me out of the office to call the next person.

Now waiting to cross the last step!

Good luck to all of us!

lilbabu

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
27-04-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
06-10-2012
Kilimandjaro said:
Guys,

I took my test this morning in Scarborough, and then I went in for the interview with a kind lady officer who told me it was her first day interviewing people....

She congratulated me for a perfect score (20/20).

She asked me if I was still working, if I have ever been convicted, etc...

She checked documents. I told her I had my CBSA report with me, and then she said she has it too. She matched the dates each time she found what she wanted, she nodded and ticked (✓) Sign on my residency calculator. I provided translations for the chinese stamps in my passport, but she didn't bother reading them, she just put them in my file and wrote : Translations provided.

Then she told me that I will receive a letter with the color different of that of the test invitation to attend the oath ceremony in about 2 to 3 months at the same location but on the other side of the building and that an officer will be there to assist me should I have any question about the Oath of Citizenship. I then asked : So the next step is oath? She said: Yes...

And she walked me out of the office to call the next person.

Now waiting to cross the last step!

Good luck to all of us!
Congrats on passing the exam! I have a question regarding the Chinese stamps. I have a few on my passport as well, do you think I need to translate them all or do I just need to translate the ones within the relevant period?