+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Apologies for posting this question again as I am planning to submited OCI for my child soon

Hi guys.. quick question. I am trying to book an appointment for my child's OCI and the pop up on the appointment booking page says "For application of Minor applicants Both Parents need to accompany.". Can someone confirm if both parents and the child has to go to bls Brampton to apply for their child's OCI recently? Or can it be both parents without the child? Or just the one parent (me)? My baby is a month old and it will be highly inconvenient to take the mother and/or child to BLS.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Apologies for posting this question again as I am planning to submited OCI for my child soon

Hi guys.. quick question. I am trying to book an appointment for my child's OCI and the pop up on the appointment booking page says "For application of Minor applicants Both Parents need to accompany.". Can someone confirm if both parents and the child has to go to bls Brampton to apply for their child's OCI recently? Or can it be both parents without the child? Or just the one parent (me)? My baby is a month old and it will be highly inconvenient to take the mother and/or child to BLS.
For minors, only the parents have to go. They need both the parents when applying for minor's oci.

Reactions: pHrankee

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Thank you. Honestly, I feel it's unnecessary but it's BLS so expectations from them are very low.
Trust me, I had a first-hand experience with that at BLS when I went for my minor's application. They are just puppets of consulate and the staff really don't not know a lot.

Reactions: pHrankee

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Trust me, I had a first hand experience with that at BLS when I went for my minor's application. They are just puppets of consulate and the staff really don't not know much.
I am not surprised. Dealing with BLS induces so much anxiety. Will plan for both us parents to go to BLS.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Really? Could you let me know when was this? The booking site says both need to be present. I live outside GTA so would not risk coming back if I don't take my spouse along.
bruh! don't inquire further and confuse yourself! it is just one person's singular experience. there are several people telling you that both parents are needed, and BLS has this as an IMPERATIVE rule.

Last edited:

mj9

Jun 15, 2018
purolator tried to deliver but i was not at home. can anyone suggest if purolator sends back the package to bls or holds it at a particular location from where i can pick up?

Ckay128

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Just writing someone may find it useful, so writing my error/oversight/assuming a minor issue.
I had an appointment at BLS, took time off work. I had an extra digit added on the appointment passport number, like I repeated one digit. I assumed it’s only for entry purpose , and it had no way to edit the appointment so I went ahead.
I spent like hours to prepare the application, YouTube reading posts etc etc, but unfortunately they couldn’t match my passport number to the appointment passport number, they politely asked me to book again with the right number.
I hope my error would educate other people because it’s really easy to sometime make error on filing new passport number in a hurry so you won’t miss the spot while booking.

Lastly, if these last lines are offending are couple of people idgaf, I’ve noticed guys are posting like all info is available online why people are asking bla bla bla, I’ll tell you the irony these guys posted this and they monitor the thread of someone replied or not, yet they won’t type a few words to help out a fellow.
Delete your account don’t be a Karen on the forums it’s meant for a reason, some people like @legalfalcon go out of the way answering same repetitive questions again and again just to help anxious people out (related to PR).
You haven’t won a trophy getting a OCI and completing the process before others.

No question is a bad question. Don’t discourage people, if you’re disappointed seeing the questions, log out and admire Rahul Gandhi and his speeches. (Taka tak taka tak)