App. Filed.......
26/02/2016
Doc's Request.
05/12/2016
Nomination.....
17/12/2016
AOR Received.
18/08/2016
Do note that once your wife gets her OCI in Canada she will need to get the exit process done in India to change her status with FRRO which will help her get documents needed to travel from India to Canada. I feel if she does the same in India that process would be incorporated within the OCI processing. Please check that the exit process with FRRO does not lead to any unwanted complication with respect to OCI being applied during her absence from Canada.

There are examples in forum where people applied for OCI in Canada and then left for India and got the status change successfully done.

Document for in-person and postal is same - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/page-798#post-10335797
You can check the BLS OCI Checklist section too for the Jurisdiction you applying with. No need to send any original. Self attested copy is enough.
For courier you need to call BLS and book it. In your case you need to do it for pickup and dropoff.
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. She already has an entry visa which is valid till November 2024 and once she gets the OCI in Canada, I will send it to her so she can travel out of India based on the OCI. Even if any clearance is required, it will be faster compared to waiting for 5 months due to elections in India.

Za98

Apr 19, 2024
Hello everyone
Status for me shows since yesterday(Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping). But no Purolator tracking number provided, tried tracking on purolator with reference number but that isn’t working

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
@abbas.pasha

I am here for you have summoned me!

Just double checking:

For in-person fresh OCI app, a demand draft of $376 for consular fees +ICWF fees.
The Processing Fee: $1.70+ Courier fee (60 something) can be paid by debit card correct?

Last edited:
Reactions: abbas.pasha

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@abbas.pasha

I am here for you have summoned me!

Just double checking:

For in-person fresh OCI app, a demand draft of $376 for consular fees +ICWF fees.
The Processing Fee: $1.70+ Courier fee (60 something) can be paid by debit card correct?
Yup that’s right wrt draft in favour of CGI or HCI.
But like others have pointed out watch out for the “value added charges” BLS will end up adding eg courier, photo, print out, redo application form because of some mistake here on there on the application, (now a days) the concept platinum lounge services

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Yup that’s right wrt draft in favour of CGI or HCI.
But like others have pointed out watch out for the “value added charges” BLS will end up adding eg courier, photo, print out, redo application form because of some mistake here on there on the application, (now a days) the concept platinum lounge services
I've done my very best to idiot-proof the whole thing. Here are some precautions I took:

1. Made sure to list my address exactly as DL
2. Listed something even in the "non-compulsory" fields like national ID number (I put my Canada passport number) and identifying marks (mole on face)
3. For Part B, managed to scan and attach citizenship certificate for Canadian proof, the SC along with expired, cancelled passport front and back pages.
4. For the employment details, as I'm a freelancer and not full-time employed, wrote out a proper formal letter, listing my job and general responsibilities (I cheated; I used the NOC code and Indianized it aur thoda), and signed it, and attached my sole propertership founding documentation.
5. Photo is taken according to specifications and I wore a Black shirt so that they can't some say nonsense "contrast" excuse. I look downright pissed off--not smiling.

At this point, I'll pay a scummy surcharge just to never step foot into BLS again for another decade.

• Haha
Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I've done my very best to idiot-proof the whole thing. Here are some precautions I took:

1. Made sure to list my address exactly as DL
2. Listed something even in the "non-compulsory" fields like national ID number (I put my Canada passport number) and identifying marks (mole on face)
3. For Part B, managed to scan and attach citizenship certificate for Canadian proof, the SC along with expired, cancelled passport front and back pages.
4. For the employment details, as I'm a freelancer and not full-time employed, wrote out a proper formal letter, listing my job and general responsibilities (I cheated; I used the NOC code and Indianized it aur thoda), and signed it, and attached my sole propertership founding documentation.
5. Photo is taken according to specifications and I wore a Black shirt so that they can't some say nonsense "contrast" excuse. I look downright pissed off--not smiling.

At this point, I'll pay a scummy surcharge just to never step foot into BLS again for another decade.
  • Made sure to list my address exactly as DL - Perfect (Mogambo khush hua)
  • Listed something even in the "non-compulsory" fields like national ID number (I put my Canada passport number) - mention as Not Applicable, jazbaati nahin hote itna
  • For the employment details: T4 nahin laga kya :D, keep that letter simple short, BLS will not even take the letter in the end lol. The only anomaly they are looking for if you are working for Federal Govt, Canadian Armed Forces, Intelligence etc. (in those cases no OCI is approved)
  • Photo: Have you seen Pankaj Kapur's Office Office.. Haan bas woh scene, Photo ke paise to lagegein warna do baat ho jaayengi

ankurparekh1988

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/2016
Doc's Request.
05/12/2016
Nomination.....
17/12/2016
AOR Received.
18/08/2016
Do note that once your wife gets her OCI in Canada she will need to get the exit process done in India to change her status with FRRO which will help her get documents needed to travel from India to Canada. I feel if she does the same in India that process would be incorporated within the OCI processing. Please check that the exit process with FRRO does not lead to any unwanted complication with respect to OCI being applied during her absence from Canada.

There are examples in forum where people applied for OCI in Canada and then left for India and got the status change successfully done.

Document for in-person and postal is same - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/page-798#post-10335797
You can check the BLS OCI Checklist section too for the Jurisdiction you applying with. No need to send any original. Self attested copy is enough.
For courier you need to call BLS and book it. In your case you need to do it for pickup and dropoff.
What place we need to write on form if I am applying to Toronto BLS but she is physically present in India ? Can she write an Indian city but still apply postal application to Toronto BLS ?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
What place we need to write on form if I am applying to Toronto BLS but she is physically present in India ? Can she write an Indian city but still apply postal application to Toronto BLS ?
You need apply from the city as per the jurisdiction of CGI/HCI.
if you select CGI Toronto eg but mention city as either Vancouver or Mumbai. To bus mujhe ek he gif yaad aata hain

Manprad

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
I am in process of updating my husband new Canada passport details in OCI portal (he already has OCI , but since he has newly issued canada passport, we are updating his new Passport details in OCI portal.). I have already applied for OCI couple of days back.

While completing Part B for my husband's new Passport details in OCI Portal, there is a Question.. "Have you/any member of your family applied for Overseas Citizen of India registration earlier? * --- What should we write here? There is drop down with Granted / Not Granted.
In Our case if I add my details, the status will be Not Granted.

Should I update my OCI application details in this section?

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
Need some help to understand this super complicated OCI application process. I am applying OCI for our son who is 2 years old and was born in Canada. We both are Indian citizens. Here are my questions

1) Filled in OCI form, and downloaded pdf. It already has picture & thumb impression which was digitally uploaded. Do i paste a physical photo on top of this photo?
2) OCI pdf form has "declaration" section with signature of the applicant. Does my baby need to put thumb impression thr?
3) How do I pay the courier charges online? This link https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/postalbls.php does not work
4) If I am write we have to send 2 demand drafts. One is $376 and other is $1.7?
5) If i have to submit in person, there is literally no available appointment online
6) While sending by post, do i need to send original passport as per documents? https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
I am in process of updating my husband new Canada passport details in OCI portal (he already has OCI , but since he has newly issued canada passport, we are updating his new Passport details in OCI portal.). I have already applied for OCI couple of days back.

While completing Part B for my husband's new Passport details in OCI Portal, there is a Question.. "Have you/any member of your family applied for Overseas Citizen of India registration earlier? * --- What should we write here? There is drop down with Granted / Not Granted.

you must declare family's current/past OCI applications. mention 'not granted' for yourself. sounds like not a good answer, but technically that's the only choice as you can't say 'granted'.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Need some help to understand this super complicated OCI application process. I am applying OCI for our son who is 2 years old and was born in Canada. We both are Indian citizens. Here are my questions

1) Filled in OCI form, and downloaded pdf. It already has picture & thumb impression which was digitally uploaded. Do i paste a physical photo on top of this photo?
2) OCI pdf form has "declaration" section with signature of the applicant. Does my baby need to put thumb impression thr?
3) How do I pay the courier charges online? This link https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/postalbls.php does not work
4) If I am write we have to send 2 demand drafts. One is $376 and other is $1.7?
5) If i have to submit in person, there is literally no available appointment online
6) While sending by post, do i need to send original passport as per documents? https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf
OCI process is actually quite simple, it is their execution that makes it v complicated! trying to answer your points below.

1) Filled in OCI form, and downloaded pdf. It already has picture & thumb impression which was digitally uploaded. Do i paste a physical photo on top of this photo? NO. JUST A PRINT OF THE FORM.
2) OCI pdf form has "declaration" section with signature of the applicant. Does my baby need to put thumb impression thr? YES. APPLICANT'S SIGN/TI AND THEN IN THE 2ND SECTION ON THE SAME PAGE - BOTH PARENTS' SIGNATURES. PL DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE THE NOC, SIGNED BY BOTH PARENTS, AND 1 PHOTO EACH OF BOTH PARENTS - AS PER OCI SPECS.
3) How do I pay the courier charges online? This link https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/postalbls.php does not work. CALL N PAY.
4) If I am write we have to send 2 demand drafts. One is $376 and other is $1.7? APPLYING THRU COURIER? YES, OTHERWISE A 376 DRAFT AND REMAINING YOU PAY ON THE SPOT.
5) If i have to submit in person, there is literally no available appointment online. YOU CAN WALK IN, OR YOU CAN TRY THE APPOINTMENT PORTAL AT DIFFERENT TIMES - THEY RELEASE NEW APPOINTMENTS AND ALSO PEOPLE CANCEL THEIRS FROM TIME TO TIME. IF SUBMITTING IN PERSON, BOTH PARENTS NEED TO VISIT.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

If you don't have OCI in hand you need not mention anything. Not granted means your OCI application was rejected. Will create complication if you say not granted.