App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
You have to login to your Passport Seva account and you'll be able to check the status in there.

https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/

You can't check status without logging in. I tried to do it and failed.
Thank you so much for this tip. I was able to locate the status of my passport surrender application.

"Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate."

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
For passport surrender and OCI application , is it mandatory to provide Canadian passport or we can apply through canadian citizenship certificate ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
For passport surrender and OCI application , is it mandatory to provide Canadian passport or we can apply through canadian citizenship certificate ?
You can't apply for OCI without providing a copy of your Canadian passport. For surrender, you could apply without a Canadian passport but you'll have to submit a letter confirming you haven't applied for a passport. I would strongly recommend that you wait until you get your passport and then apply for OCI and surrender together.

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
You can't apply for OCI without providing a copy of your Canadian passport. For surrender, you could apply without a Canadian passport but you'll have to submit a letter confirming you haven't applied for a passport. I would strongly recommend that you wait until you get your passport and then apply for OCI and surrender together.
Understood . Thanks Raj for quick response

srikamesh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
6235 - Outland FSW
App. Filed.......
27-02-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2018
My Kid's Timeline for OCI Application

Type
: In Person Walk-in (Brampton BLS)
Application Submitted: Sep 3, 2021
BLS "Under Process": Sep 5, 2021
BLS "Processing at Consulate General": Sep 6, 2021
ociservices.gov.in "Under Process"
: Sep 16 2021

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Going by the statuses that members have posted before, the timelines seem to follow this pattern for OCI :

1. From "Processing at Consulate General" on BLS site TO "Under Process" in https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury = 14 days

2. From "Under Process" in https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury TO "Processed" / "Dispatched" / "Received at Toronto" = 3 weeks (21 days)

3. From "Received at Toronto" to Delivery of OCI card via mail = 7 days

Total # of days
= 42 days

Going by this, I should have my OCI booklet in hand (delivered by Purolator) on October 13th, 2021. If I had to think of a range, it'd be somewhere around October 12th to October 15th.

PS: This calculation also agrees with the explicit mention of 42 days in the status update sample document on BLS website.

Last edited:

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Going by the statuses that members have posted before, the timelines seem to follow this pattern for OCI :

1. From "Under Process" in https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury TO "Processed" / "Dispatched" / "Received at Toronto" = 3 weeks (21 days)

2. From "Received at Toronto" to Delivery of OCI card via mail = 7 days

Going by this, I should have my OCI booklet in hand (delivered by Purolator) on October 13th, 2021. If I had to think of a range, it'd be somewhere around October 12th to October 15th.
Can anyone pick up OCI card in person without opting for via mail ??

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on May 23, 2013. Received by CIC on May 28, 2013
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Aug 16, 2013 (@ time of PER)
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 23, 2013. PP sent on Dec 30, 2013, received by CPPO on Jan 6, 2014.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2013 --- Valid until Dec 5, 2014.
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014

1. From "Processing at Consulate General" on BLS site TO "Under Process" in https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury = 14 days

2. From "Under Process" in https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury TO "Processed" / "Dispatched" / "Received at Toronto" = 3 weeks (21 days)

3. From "Received at Toronto" to Delivery of OCI card via mail = 7 days

Total # of days
= 42 days

PS: This calculation also agrees with the explicit mention of 42 days in the status update sample document on BLS website.
Looks like its fairly accurate:

Here is my UPDATE:

Passport Surrender
Mode: Walk-in & requested it to be picked-up (no purolator)
13-Aug (Fri): Submitted at BLS Brampton
13-Aug (Fri): checked after submission - BLS Tracking - Under process
16-Aug (Mon): In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General
16-Aug (Mon): Processing at Consulate General
31-Aug (Tue): Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance. (For spouse): Surrender certificate has been printed.
03-Sep (Fri): In transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre
04-Sep (Sat): Ready for collection

OCI
Mode: Walk-in & requested it to be picked-up (no purolator)
13-Aug (Fri): Submitted at BLS Brampton
13-Aug (Fri): checked after submission - BLS Tracking - Under process
16-Aug (Mon): Processing at Consulate General
26-Aug (Thu): OCI Services - Status Enquiry - Under Process
17-Sep (Fri): OCI Number generated; Documents Printing status changed to Processed, Dispatched from MEA (OCI) & Document received at Toronto (all on same date 17Sep21) (BLS tracking status still shows Processing at Consulate General)

Nov 2, 2020
Hello Friends,

I have a few questions regarding OCI application.

1. In the printed OCI registration form, for minor, Does the both parent has to sign the declaration or sign by both parent and as well as child thumb impression?

2. In my OCI application, Should i include my spouse document as well, if yes, would you please clarify the document list to be included? Spouse is applying as well for OCI.

3. I have a marriage apostle issued by Michigan and attested by CGI Toronto, Should i send the original attested by CGI or copy of the same self attested.

4. Does the BLS offer walk in services or by appointment only? It is a long drive for me. what would be preferred walk in or mail in?

thank you in advance.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hello Friends,

I have a few questions regarding OCI application.

1. In the printed OCI registration form, for minor, Does the both parent has to sign the declaration or sign by both parent and as well as child thumb impression?

2. In my OCI application, Should i include my spouse document as well, if yes, would you please clarify the document list to be included? Spouse is applying as well for OCI.

3. I have a marriage apostle issued by Michigan and attested by CGI Toronto, Should i send the original attested by CGI or copy of the same self attested.

4. Does the BLS offer walk in services or by appointment only? It is a long drive for me. what would be preferred walk in or mail in?

thank you in advance.
1) yes both parents needs to sign the NOC form and also attach their pic (any size). Child does not need to put the thumb impression. You just need to scan the thumb impression and photograph of the child and upload while submitting the online form.

2) if both Child and Spouse is applying for OCI then both needs to have two separate independent OCI applications and each application should have its own document list. You can find the document list here https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/BLS-CAN18WIPOttawa-NewOCI-Checklist.pdf

3) Don't think Indian consulate/BLS asks for original document. I am assuming you are sending the application by mail ( not in person). Still check the list of documents.

4) BLS Brampton and Toronto is offering walk-in service ( without appointment) now. Not sure about your location. So better call your BLS office to find out. Their website has not been updated so you will see "only appointment based walk-in allowed" message there.