+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
Hi All,
any ine share his experience here:
I need your advise here regarding online physical Presence Calculator. which following option should i choose?

1- do i put the details according to my study or work permit document issue date/ expiry ?
2- do i put the details according to my situation like i completed my study in june 2013 on valid study permit and off campus work permit and i got job as full time in July,2013 but post graduate work permit issued me in August,2013. which i was mentioned in my PR application as well.

so i am confused here either i go according to my study/work permit document expiry or option 2?

Please advise

AK84

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Got my in-process email on Feb 13. No word since then and it's almost 4 months now. Apparently the file was transferred to Mississauga on Feb 13 and all the security clearing has been done (was told that by the agent on the phone). Do you guys think it makes sense to send them a fax at this point and inquire about the status?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Good news!!!! I just received an email to attend oath ceremony on 1st July. Seems like it will be big ceremony as its in Canada place, Vancouver, I hope to meet a lot of forum memebers :)
If I could get oath on Canada Day in Ottawa I would be like: :D

Reactions: KK82 and Nawazt

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Hello everybody.

I just took the citizenship test in the Calgary office and it was very easy, I got 19 out of 20.

The interview went well, all they did was to check my passport stamps, the officer was kind and polite.

Just wanting for the citizenship ceremony invitation.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

"Who must take the Oath
Adults and children aged 14 or over must go to the citizenship ceremony and take the oath.

Parents will get certificates of citizenship for their children under age 14. Children under age 14 don’t have to go, but are welcome to."
Thanks for reply
I asked on the day of Written test not Oath ceremony

Thanks

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi all ,

I have 2 queries , hopefully any one who already appeared for written test /Interview can help me

1- My son is less than 14 year , so he did not get any email /letter for test/interview (That is fine) BUT do he need to appear personally on the location OR i can show his original documents to officer ?
2- One point mentioned in invitation letter all passport and Travel documents . So Before my PR i was in WP . Does it mean I need to carry all the WP copies , (Note few of them I do not have ) . What Travel document they mean ?

Please help

-Thanks

Continue to my earlier Question ,
Any members who already taken test can answer , but some time people ignore ...

Do i need to carry my WP. ? (before I was PR, I was in WP), Anyone who appeared for Test/interview .. did officer asked for older WP?

Thanks in advance

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hello everybody.

I just took the citizenship test in the Calgary office and it was very easy, I got 19 out of 20.

The interview went well, all they did was to check my passport stamps, the officer was kind and polite.

Just wanting for the citizenship ceremony invitation.
Congrats

shengyenho

Sep 16, 2013
Mine was the same way. I checked today and both mine and yours now show on the website. The site updates only on Monday's. 2 more weeks and we will be citizens!
Yes, mine appear too. now I know it is 9:00 AM. My oath letter asks me to appear at 8:30 ha....

We are almost at the same speed! (shake hand!!)

shengyenho

Sep 16, 2013
How did you apply for us entry exit report?? From FOIA website? Cause I have a same situation and I applied through FOIA but they sent message saying it may take 3 to 6 months to process the request....
You can actually get your travel record from CBP website. Exit record is from CBSA(by land) and airlines(by air).
It is pretty accurate, but I don't know if it will be accepted.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

shengyenho

Sep 16, 2013
Good news!!!! I just received an email to attend oath ceremony on 1st July. Seems like it will be big ceremony as its in Canada place, Vancouver, I hope to meet a lot of forum memebers :)
Congrats!! I was kind of hoping I can take the oath on Canada Day, but a sooner date is just fine too.

Reactions: Nawazt

aakpawan

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 9th, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 17th, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan. 22nd, 2014

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Got my in-process email on Feb 13. No word since then and it's almost 4 months now. Apparently the file was transferred to Mississauga on Feb 13 and all the security clearing has been done (was told that by the agent on the phone). Do you guys think it makes sense to send them a fax at this point and inquire about the status?
You don’t have to worry urself, I have bn in process since January and some pple from November same Mississauga office, everyone knows that Mississauga is very slow centet

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
Just want to know those who completed studies in canada and got a job before the post graduate work permit issued they were started full time job on off campus work permit.
do i put the date when i start the job as full time or i follow study permit expiry date