+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
walelo said:
but this is my right and I do not have any problem in my document to get a lawyer , they will get me crazy!!!!!!!!
did you get your ATIP report? what did it say?

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
walelo said:
I asked for it , I should receive it soon , but I am sure it wont be helpful
yeah, but sometimes I hear people see useful comments. but not really tell you in more details. Good luck!

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
walelo - even if there are no issues with your documentation, get a lawyer after 36 months. As per CIC website non routine applications should be done in 36 months. It all comes down to how bad and how quick do you want the passport.

wsm_al - I'm guessing you haven't received any test notification. Have you called CIC recently?

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
a.R. said:
walelo - even if there are no issues with your documentation, get a lawyer after 36 months. As per CIC website non routine applications should be done in 36 months. It all comes down to how bad and how quick do you want the passport.

wsm_al - I'm guessing you haven't received any test notification. Have you called CIC recently?
no I have not received any. I requested the ATIP and nothing to tell in there.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
a.R. said:

I called CIC and a gentleman kindly told me that there is a delay in general in the processing time and my file has not been worked on yet. There is no much updates because they did not work on my file yet :(. He said he wouldn't expect anything in the next several weeks. processing times is now 24 months.

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
wsm_al,

Your call is classic example, its utter waste of tax payer's money both from Citizenship processing "drama" and the call center agents, whenever you call them 24moths, 24months 24months. I dont blame them but the whole department is broken and doesnt provide any transparancy.

Thx
YYC_CICGUY

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Calgary folks, following is the news release from CIC, I dont think any of the numbers are from our Calgary !

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=894269

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
YYC_CICGUY said:
Calgary folks, following is the news release from CIC, I dont think any of the numbers are from our Calgary !

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=894269
Yeah none for Calgary so far however hopefully soon we will be also getting benefitted from it .CIC cannot run two different processing times in the same country . It cannot run like this for long ....fingers crossed :D :D :D

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
Bunch of lies , :'( As the link says:

Is Calgary not in Canada anymore??

October 16, 2014 — Scarborough, ON — Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander today announced that more than 200,000 people have joined the Canadian family since the start of 2014. The Minister also announced that the citizenship backlog has been reduced by 13 percent since June to its lowest level since spring 2012. These achievements are among the direct results of the government’s recent changes to citizenship processing.

Nearly 50,000 people have become Canadian citizens since a new decision-making process came into effect on August 1, 2014. That is a 172 percent increase from the same time period last year.

Recent reforms have also allowed decision-making officers to make progress on the backlog of so-called “non-routine” cases, including ones where residency questions persist. Almost half of all cases in which a residency questionnaire (RQ) was issued prior to November 2013 have been resolved with the applicants receiving their citizenship. Thousands more applicants who had been issued RQs are about to write their tests. These files will be evaluated by a record number of decision makers with the onus on applicants to prove they meet the requirements.

The Tzu Chi Foundation hosted the ceremony attended by the Minister during which more than 100 people took the Oath of Citizenship. It is one of 85 ceremonies across the country taking place during Citizenship Week 2014.

JoeYYC

Jan 18, 2014
I have contacted my MP. The lady in the office asked my some questions about my application. She called me back in 3 days and told me that non-routine applications in Calgary could take up to 56 months.

I expressed my frustration about the discrepancy in processing times among CIC offices, especially when their website says 35 months. That's insane.