+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pondering.in.prairies said:
True that! But nothing explains why they aren't sending out test notifications and when they do its normally not in the order they received the application in and if you are lucky you will end up getting a letter to write the test and take the oath in a couple of days of time, if you are not you don't even get invited to write the test or write your test and wait for a good 2-3 months before you take your oath. This is totally absurd.

At least be logistically true to the applicants, after all its the software that does the job, nobody is asking the VO to maintain the file cabinet and sort it by the date received. If there are complexities (RQ) etc, you can expect the application to be delayed(even though I think the whole 36 months is taking it a bit too far), but the last time I checked my AITP notes (about 4 months ago), everything was clear, passed all the checks and am still waiting for a test date. The thing that doesn't make sense at all to me is if there are no pending actions (checks) on the file,why not just invite for a test? Why the huge disparity and discrepancy in the timelines? I am behind by a quarter at least compared to the other March-April 2013 applicants.
Why don't you add your time line to the spreadsheet and I can respond with at least some factual comparison. In the meantime consider this - the one unknown is the CSIS checks...they are blank so how do you know its not still being processed whereas buddy from 3 months ago has been cleared and is in the test batch? A noticeable trend too previously was the grouping of LOT'd applicants who had wide spread application dates....just because you were transferred at a similar time to me doesn't mean our test dates will be similar....maybe I applied 3 months before you? By the way I see from you other ATIP thread that you are flagged A5 on the RQ triage...so your file is non routine.

Jul 25, 2014
YYC_CICGUY said:
YYC_April24_2013,

I am sorry about your situation, That's a serious issue, its not an easy fix........I think KOO test is the only way if somebody falls less than 1095 days mark, also they are making it tougher. Speak to an experience lawyer or immigration consultant. I have seen people in this forum withdrawing application and refilling it a fresh, but before you decide any route take professional advise.

start searching KOO as the key word to find some previous federal court rulings.

It is always a good idea to have 10-15days more when you apply, it really helps in these situations.

Thanks
YYC_CICGUY
Thanks YYC_CICGUY,

When i applied i really thought i had two weeks on top of my minimum requirements and never read through any forums. I would have applied couple months later if i knew complications like this car arise. I did sent all documents supporting the fact that i live here to this day (employment history with the same company, T4s, NoAs, Mortgage paperwork etc.) but i guess it is inevitable to get a huge delay in my application.
I also searched for KOA and i have no doubt that i will pass that test as per my situation but it sounds questionable if a CJ would consider it.
I will try and talk to an immigration lawyer and see what they advise me to do.

If anyone has gone through a similar situation it would be great if you can share your experience.

Thanks!

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Looks like CIC Calgary office is celebrating Thanksgiving.........

- Thanks to all applicants for not complaining despite this office being so inefficient.
- Thanks to Ottawa for not putting any timelimits on applications timelines, eventhough other offices are quickly processing.
- Thanks for tax payers for contributing additional funding so that the staff can take some additional rest.
- Thanks to everyone for giving them an opportunity to play with the system and drag applications as much as they can and process few applications and oaths every month.

-

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
YYC_CICGUY said:

- Thanks to all applicants for not complaining despite this office being so inefficient.
- Thanks to Ottawa for not putting any timelimits on applications timelines, eventhough other offices are quickly processing.
- Thanks for tax payers for contributing additional funding so that the staff can take some additional rest.
- Thanks to everyone for giving them an opportunity to play with the system and drag applications as much as they can and process few applications and oaths every month.

-
Lol I should print this off and mail to Calgary office.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To add to the pain seems CIC giving same day test and oath to non YYC applicants covered by the YYC office...Lethbridge and Red Deer.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
To add to the pain seems CIC giving same day test and oath to non YYC applicants covered by the YYC office...Lethbridge and Red Deer.
If this is true, then this is atrocious.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the CJ no longer required to approve all applications it does beg the question of CIC re-distributing CJs to clear oath inventories in the Prairies and other 'slow' offices. The RQd pool out east (Ontario esp GTA) will start seeing speedier processing that's for sure subject to number of oaths.

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
I happened to call the CIC after a few months. While the lady who answered my call was really respectful and friendly , she continued to deny the fact that Calgary is slow compare to other areas. It seems the situation in Calgary has not been communicated well yet, partly because we haven't raised this issue enough.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
AlexRox said:
I happened to call the CIC after a few months. While the lady who answered my call was really respectful and friendly , she continued to deny the fact that Calgary is slow compare to other areas. It seems the situation in Calgary has not been communicated well yet, partly because we haven't raised this issue enough.
agree!!

SaffaMan

Jan 12, 2014
Hi All

We wrote our citizenship tests today at 8:00, there were about 40 people altogether. Test wasn't super easy, wife's had completely different questions to any online study guide.

We were told that all was good and we should receive a letter from them within a month to notify us of attending the oath ceremony (not sure how true that is).

That's all I have to report so far.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
SaffaMan said:
Hi All

We wrote our citizenship tests today at 8:00, there were about 40 people altogether. Test wasn't super easy, wife's had completely different questions to any online study guide.

We were told that all was good and we should receive a letter from them within a month to notify us of attending the oath ceremony (not sure how true that is).

That's all I have to report so far.
Congratulations!! How was your interview?

SaffaMan

Jan 12, 2014
Interview was good, they just asked about travel and what work I do. Checked stamps in our passports and then told us it's all good and we can proceed to the exam hall.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you guys talk about Received Line Disappearance, is it the Received, then payment section, or the disappearance of this sentence:
" We received your application on...."

Cuz my Received (payment) disappeared a long time ago - a month ago I think but I assume it was the sentence that needs to be disappeared.
My application was received June 23.

walelo

Mar 11, 2014
YYC_CICGUY said:

-

That is right , 35 month for me now and no news from this lazy office , I don't know what I should do!