Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
mwrooney said:
I am holding Masters Degree. Can i apply for NOC 2281 Computer Network Technician.

My job responsibilities matched to 95% on that.

Some people saying you should have College degree only for that as mentioned on NOC Document

Description of NOC:

Computer network technicians establish, operate, maintain and co-ordinate the use of local and wide area networks (LANs and WANs), mainframe networks, hardware, software and related computer equipment.They set up and maintain Internet and intranet Web sites and Web-server hardware and software, and monitor and optimize network connectivity and performance. They are employed in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors. Supervisors of computer network technicians are included in this unit group.

Employment Requirements:

Completion of a college or other program in
computer science, network administration, Web
technology or a related field is usually required.

Many thanks for reply.
As long as ur duties match you can apply. Designation and/or Educational credentials match is not required.

momnani

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
IELTS Request
Sent with App
amar_gahir said:
Hi Friends

What are the chances if i send the application by end of September? I feel i am late :'(

BR/
Amar
There is no harm is sending your application... there are chances that you will fall just under CAP.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
mwrooney said:
Thanks dear nishesh,

Have you applied yourself or through consultant?
Myself seeking help from the forum here and going through the CIC Guidelines as best as I could.

sahil kalia

Sep 25, 2014
Hi Guys , these are my job responsibilities which come under 2281,please suggest if its genuine or not?

Ÿ Linux and HP-UX Servers Installation and Configuration on HP Enterprise Servers.

Ÿ Problem Diagnosing and Hardware Troubleshooting in HP Enterprise Servers.

Ÿ Network Management. (NFS, DNS, FTP, TELNET).

Ÿ Monitor performance of servers by their master consoles.

Ÿ Backup and Recovery of File systems (Data Protector, Command view TL).

Ÿ File Permissions.

Ÿ Backup and Restoration of Files and Data from the backup tape.

Ÿ Install , configure and troubleshoot Web-server software.

Ÿ Install and maintain network hardware and software.

Ÿ Analyze and isolate issues.

Ÿ Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.

Ÿ Evaluate and modify system's performance.

Ÿ Identify user needs.

Ÿ Determine network and system requirements.

Ÿ Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.

Ÿ Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks

(WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral

equipment

Ÿ Monitor firewall logs.(Checkpoint Firewall)

Ÿ Installation of Services .Packages & Managing Server’s using SSH.

Ÿ Apache mail server configuration for virtual hosts

Ÿ Back-up support for all servers on Data Protector (6.3) and also perform all Helpdesk operations.

Ÿ Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.

Ÿ Control and monitor installed software.

Ÿ Monitor HP-OVO (open monitoring tool).

Ÿ Raise tickets on HPSM (service manager) and follow proper ITIL process.

[/b]And i am going to apply by the start of october.Is it okay to apply now as i see only 193 seats are filled under this category till date.
Please suggest guys[/b].

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
sahil kalia said:
Hi Guys , these are my job responsibilities which come under 2281,please suggest if its genuine or not?

Ÿ Linux and HP-UX Servers Installation and Configuration on HP Enterprise Servers.

Ÿ Problem Diagnosing and Hardware Troubleshooting in HP Enterprise Servers.

Ÿ Network Management. (NFS, DNS, FTP, TELNET).

Ÿ Monitor performance of servers by their master consoles.

Ÿ Backup and Recovery of File systems (Data Protector, Command view TL).

Ÿ File Permissions.

Ÿ Backup and Restoration of Files and Data from the backup tape.

Ÿ Install , configure and troubleshoot Web-server software.

Ÿ Install and maintain network hardware and software.

Ÿ Analyze and isolate issues.

Ÿ Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.

Ÿ Evaluate and modify system's performance.

Ÿ Identify user needs.

Ÿ Determine network and system requirements.

Ÿ Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.

Ÿ Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks

(WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral

equipment

Ÿ Monitor firewall logs.(Checkpoint Firewall)

Ÿ Installation of Services .Packages & Managing Server's using SSH.

Ÿ Apache mail server configuration for virtual hosts

Ÿ Back-up support for all servers on Data Protector (6.3) and also perform all Helpdesk operations.

Ÿ Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.

Ÿ Control and monitor installed software.

Ÿ Monitor HP-OVO (open monitoring tool).

Ÿ Raise tickets on HPSM (service manager) and follow proper ITIL process.

[/b]And i am going to apply by the start of october.Is it okay to apply now as i see only 193 seats are filled under this category till date.
Please suggest guys[/b].
The duties are a match for 2281. Its okay to apply in October but don't get too comfortable and get an application ready ASAP!

techiemanager

Aug 7, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Sep 2016
Nomination.....
29 Dec 2015
AOR Received.
21 Sep 2016
Passport Req..
19 Jan 2017
@ nishesh3003

I have bugged you before:

My experience summary is :

• 2003 – 2010: Network Engineer.
• 2010 – 2013: Global Network Operations Manager.
• Since Oct 2013: Program Manager for Infrastructure services.

Questions are on how to draft my experience letter:

Should I only highlight the duties I held between 2003 – 2010 (Network Engineer) & just mention the other 2 roles.

Or can I add duties for all roles till date - though I wish to apply in 2281.

Thanks

C!C

Sep 17, 2014
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
techiemanager said:
@ nishesh3003

I have bugged you before:

My experience summary is :

• 2003 – 2010: Network Engineer.
• 2010 – 2013: Global Network Operations Manager.
• Since Oct 2013: Program Manager for Infrastructure services.

Questions are on how to draft my experience letter:

Should I only highlight the duties I held between 2003 – 2010 (Network Engineer) & just mention the other 2 roles.

Or can I add duties for all roles till date - though I wish to apply in 2281.

Thanks

first and foremost you have to be fast with your application because 2281 is filling up as we talk, october end is the deadline as per the data available on this site and looking at the CIC application received trend.

and yes you have to mentioned the detailed roles and responsibilities you were performing at the time of certain position held.

hope this helps

anshpatel84

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Hi,

I don't know why people on these forums are assuming that the NOC 2281 cap will be filling up by October 2014 end :eek: The FSW 2014 spreadsheet that gets updated everyday shows that even the pessimistic estimate shows that the NOC 2281 cap will be available till around 22nd December,2014. So even though I am not saying everybody should be comfortable to apply till December 2014, I think it is unnecessary to panic for people that are waiting to send their application to CIC till end of November.I am not a senior member of this forum nor am I here to provide any suggestions but these are my views. Not sure HOW some people in this forum are assuming that the CAP will fill up by end of October 2014???

The FSW 2014 spreadsheet hyperlink (you can google the link) says for even the "Pessimistic estimate" that the CAP will be open till ataleast December 22,2014. Consider this calculation. Even if CIC has consistently received 5 applications per day for NOC 2281 since May 1,2014 when the program opened, then in that case the total applications recieved as of October 1,2014 is 750. The FSW 2014 spreadsheet above shows around 1.44 applications added to NOC 2281 per day, I have taken pessimistic estimate of 5 APPS PER DAYAlso not all 750 of the above APPS I mention would have been rejected,lets say 100 got rejected. Still only 650 out of 1000 applications in this CAP are full. So I believe everybody should not panic that much, right???!

sahil kalia

Sep 25, 2014
Hello Everybody.

I am going to send my WIS documents tomorrow but i have one query for the same.
My Father's name on Educational Docs is "Surinder Kalia" and on my Passport it is "Surinder Kumar Kalia".So, is it matters.
Do i need to send any affidevit with my docs or not.
Please guide me asap.

C!C

Sep 17, 2014
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
anshpatel84 said:
Hi,

I don't know why people on these forums are assuming that the NOC 2281 cap will be filling up by October 2014 end :eek: The FSW 2014 spreadsheet that gets updated everyday shows that even the pessimistic estimate shows that the NOC 2281 cap will be available till around 22nd December,2014. So even though I am not saying everybody should be comfortable to apply till December 2014, I think it is unnecessary to panic for people that are waiting to send their application to CIC till end of November.I am not a senior member of this forum nor am I here to provide any suggestions but these are my views. Not sure HOW some people in this forum are assuming that the CAP will fill up by end of October 2014???

The FSW 2014 spreadsheet hyperlink (you can google the link) says for even the "Pessimistic estimate" that the CAP will be open till ataleast December 22,2014. Consider this calculation. Even if CIC has consistently received 5 applications per day for NOC 2281 since May 1,2014 when the program opened, then in that case the total applications recieved as of October 1,2014 is 750. The FSW 2014 spreadsheet above shows around 1.44 applications added to NOC 2281 per day, I have taken pessimistic estimate of 5 APPS PER DAYAlso not all 750 of the above APPS I mention would have been rejected,lets say 100 got rejected. Still only 650 out of 1000 applications in this CAP are full. So I believe everybody should not panic that much, right???!
spreadsheet is just one medium, there can be alot of people who are not aware of the spreadsheet and this forum.
you can't ignore that

C!C

Sep 17, 2014
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
sahil kalia said:
Hello Everybody.

I am going to send my WIS documents tomorrow but i have one query for the same.
My Father's name on Educational Docs is "Surinder Kalia" and on my Passport it is "Surinder Kumar Kalia".So, is it matters.
Do i need to send any affidevit with my docs or not.
Please guide me asap.
first thing WES does not care what your father's name is. The WES report will only mention your name on the ECA report and they have clearly mentioned on their website whatever name shows on your degree be it wrong or right they will only mention that on the ECA report.

without any delay you should send your documents to WES

immi93

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone
I wanna apply in 10 days ..but it seems till Jun 2014, 242 applicants have got their PER...God knows how many application they have received till now ! do i have any chance ?some ppl say in reality ,2281 has reached its cap :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

sahil kalia

Sep 25, 2014
Hello,

Some guys from 2281 group saying that october end probably be the last dates for NOC 2281,but its only near about 240 applications are showing from the latest updated sheet.

Why people are saying this?

i sent my WIS documents today and my exam for IELTS is on 22nd November,so i have to wait for my second step till the end of november.
So,please guide me sir what should i do?