HYDERABAD
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[size=10pt][size=10pt]Hello Everyone,

This is a Golden oppurtunity we got to apply for FSWP under NOC 2281.

I appreciate if you can share your status under this post.

Thanks
[/size][/size]

dipen_trivedi

Mar 4, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 SEP 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charged : 24 NOV 2014
Nomination.....
PER : 23 DEC 2014
AOR Received.
2ND LINE UPDATE : 16 MAR 2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
2 APR 2015
Med's Done....
15 APR 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15 MAY 2015
I like to apply in this category.
My designation is Computer Operator.
In HRDC NOC 2281 "Digital Computer Operator" is mentioned.
Can I be eligible as Computer Operator Designation in FSW under NOC 2281 ?
Can you provide Exp Letter describing Duties ?
Awaiting for your reply
Thanks

faheem224

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
HYDERABAD
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dipen

If ur really interested then please apply quickly who knows the cap gets filled.

My job duties would be diff from urs as i am applying as a system admin.

MDee

Jul 11, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Med's Request
02-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
I've applied under NOC 2281, my application was received on the 10th July 2014.

Now it's just a matter of waiting to see what happens.

Good luck to you all!

faheem224

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
HYDERABAD
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What i read is priority is given to those who are in canada with arranged employment...Points i guess doesnt matter the only thing is we have to score 67pts...

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
Racha said:
Indeed! it is filling up slowly!

What are the criteria on which they give priority to each application? based on highest points gained or what? I calculated 68 points only. Will that affect my acceptance or processing?
For FSW1 NOC Category its on a first come first serve basis.

You need to score 67 points. Anything beyond that does not increase your chances of getting through. Its not University :)

No harm in having extra points though.

momnani

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Hi All,

I have sent my documents on 27th July 2014 under 2281 - Network Support Analyst. I was working on this position 7 years back, and currently into Insurance. Hoping the application reaches CIC before the CAP is reached. What I have noticed is, application processed in the first phase is very very slow.

Good luck to all of you who have applied. ;D ;D ;D

ayen27

Star Member
Aug 16, 2014
Hi there,
My hubby and I are both in IT industry. Based on the Detailed Occupational Structure of Canada, NOC 2281 also includes the title data center operator/server administrator. My hubby falls under this category but we're having doubt whether he fits into this NOC since the main title states Network technician.

Any advice please? He has more than 6 years of experience as server administrator.

Thanks.

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
ayen27 said:
Hi there,
My hubby and I are both in IT industry. Based on the Detailed Occupational Structure of Canada, NOC 2281 also includes the title data center operator/server administrator. My hubby falls under this category but we're having doubt whether he fits into this NOC since the main title states Network technician.

Any advice please? He has more than 6 years of experience as server administrator.

Thanks.
Title is not relevant. Just match the job duites in your reference letter.

momnani

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Guys, Appreciate if you could comment on the below if you think this is enough to qulify under NOC 2281

o Responsible for the implementation of desktop and server platforms, printers and other core technologies essential to the company's core infrastructure and businesses, which include:
 Setup Local Area Network (LAN)
 Install switches and routers and provide complete network connectivity within the organization
 Setup and maintain Desktop & Laptop Computers
 Network Printers setup
 Host Internet & Intranet sites and conduct regular maintenance
o Provide a 7/24 support “After Hours – On Call” pager support. Participate in 7/24 work arrangements as required to support activities (including technology implementation / testing / upgrades required on off hours or weekends). This includes:
 Installation of new hardware, software, operating systems, Web-Server
 Testing of newly implemented hardware and software
 Assess any upgrade requirement that may be necessary to keep up with new technology
 Insuring the network is secure from virus threats and hackers
o Resolve technical problems within a timely manner. Cater to networking issues, Lenovo/IBM laptops, desktop, and other peripherals equipment
o Take data backups on regular basis and perform recovery as and when needed
o Administer Mainframe Networks and provided technical support for broad range of in house \ enterprise wide applications including but not limited to:
 IBM Mainframe, IBM iSeries (AS/400), Citrix, Internet \ Web browser, Tivoli Remote Control applications
 Follow scheduled network server maintenance and down-time and inform communicate effected employees
o Troubleshoot and resolve networking issues including:
 LAN (local area network) / WAN (wide area network), VOIP (voice over IP), Wireless and Mobile networks, Cisco IPT Telephones, Blackberry devices
o Provide password reset support using Net IQ Administration (DRA), RSA Ace Server, Host, Citrix, SQL, with other tools and applications
o Manage help desk trouble ticket volumes, track and document calls by using Ticketing system
 Document solutions provided to queries / complaints / issues related to networking / software & hardware
 Use documented concerns while training / mentoring the team and facing complaints for repeated issues

o Provide & control web & e-mail access to users according to company policies
 Provide network users with access to websites / software according to company policy
 Insure all laptops / desktops / servers are properly managed and provided access only to authorized personnel
o Train newly hired Technical Analysts and mentor/train peers and others
 Mentor the newly joined team members
 Train and support newly-hired staff in the unit
o Participated in Business Continuity Plan activities when/as requested

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
momnani said:
Guys, Appreciate if you could comment on the below if you think this is enough to qulify under NOC 2281

o Responsible for the implementation of desktop and server platforms, printers and other core technologies essential to the company's core infrastructure and businesses, which include:
 Setup Local Area Network (LAN)
 Install switches and routers and provide complete network connectivity within the organization
 Setup and maintain Desktop & Laptop Computers
 Network Printers setup
 Host Internet & Intranet sites and conduct regular maintenance
o Provide a 7/24 support “After Hours – On Call” pager support. Participate in 7/24 work arrangements as required to support activities (including technology implementation / testing / upgrades required on off hours or weekends). This includes:
 Installation of new hardware, software, operating systems, Web-Server
 Testing of newly implemented hardware and software
 Assess any upgrade requirement that may be necessary to keep up with new technology
 Insuring the network is secure from virus threats and hackers
o Resolve technical problems within a timely manner. Cater to networking issues, Lenovo/IBM laptops, desktop, and other peripherals equipment
o Take data backups on regular basis and perform recovery as and when needed
o Administer Mainframe Networks and provided technical support for broad range of in house \ enterprise wide applications including but not limited to:
 IBM Mainframe, IBM iSeries (AS/400), Citrix, Internet \ Web browser, Tivoli Remote Control applications
 Follow scheduled network server maintenance and down-time and inform communicate effected employees
o Troubleshoot and resolve networking issues including:
 LAN (local area network) / WAN (wide area network), VOIP (voice over IP), Wireless and Mobile networks, Cisco IPT Telephones, Blackberry devices
o Provide password reset support using Net IQ Administration (DRA), RSA Ace Server, Host, Citrix, SQL, with other tools and applications
o Manage help desk trouble ticket volumes, track and document calls by using Ticketing system
 Document solutions provided to queries / complaints / issues related to networking / software & hardware
 Use documented concerns while training / mentoring the team and facing complaints for repeated issues

 Provide network users with access to websites / software according to company policy
 Insure all laptops / desktops / servers are properly managed and provided access only to authorized personnel
 Mentor the newly joined team members
 Train and support newly-hired staff in the unit
Your profile looks like 2282 to be honest (I think you know that too).

But then your Letter includes so many keywords associated with 2281 that I believe you may be able to pass it off as a 2281.

momnani

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
IELTS Request
Sent with App
nishesh3003 said:
Your profile looks like 2282 to be honest (I think you know that too).

But then your Letter includes so many keywords associated with 2281 that I believe you may be able to pass it off as a 2281.
Dear nishesh3003, thank your for your comment. You are right, and thats the concerned point here. I have already submitted a letter with my app back in July which looks more like 2282 and now submitting this letter (with additional sub-points in it). The first letter had only the main bullets and not the sub-bullets in them.

I believe my job had both 2281 & 2282 duties combined. What is your say on it? Should i forward this to CIC now?

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
momnani said:
Dear nishesh3003, thank your for your comment. You are right, and thats the concerned point here. I have already submitted a letter with my app back in July which looks more like 2282 and now submitting this letter (with additional sub-points in it). The first letter had only the main bullets and not the sub-bullets in them.

I believe my job had both 2281 & 2282 duties combined. What is your say on it? Should i forward this to CIC now?
As I said - there are a lot of "keywords" which fall into the NOC description for 2281. And there are duties that transition neatly between 2282 and 2281 so I think that is justifiable.

If this is your "revised" Ref. Letter - which one is your original ref. letter ? You may want to be careful to not introduce considerable deviation between the 2 letters as far as Duties are concerned.

momnani

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
IELTS Request
Sent with App
nishesh3003 said:
As I said - there are a lot of "keywords" which fall into the NOC description for 2281. And there are duties that transition neatly between 2282 and 2281 so I think that is justifiable.

If this is your "revised" Ref. Letter - which one is your original ref. letter ? You may want to be careful to not introduce considerable deviation between the 2 letters as far as Duties are concerned.
Below is the previous letter...
o Responsible for the implementation of desktop and server platforms, printers and other core technologies essential to the company's core infrastructure and businesses
o Provide a 7/24 support “After Hours – On Call” pager support and participate in 7/24 work arrangements as required to support activities (including technology implementation/testing/upgrades required on off hours or weekends)
o Troubleshoot, resolve/escalate technical problems within a timely manner
o Troubleshoot and provide technical support for Lenovo/IBM laptops, desktop, local and network multifunctional printers
o Provided end-user technical support for terminal server environment for both SSL and IPSEC VPN
o Take data backups on regular basis
o Provided technical support for broad range of in house\enterprise wide applications including but not limited to IBM Mainframe, IBM Series (AS/400), Citrix, Internet\Web browser, Tivoli Remote Control applications
o Troubleshoot and resolve networking issues including LAN/WAN, VOIP, Wireless and Mobile networks, Cisco IPT Telephones, Blackberry devices
o Provided password reset support using Net IQ Administration (DRA), RSA Ace Server, Host, Citrix, SQL, with other tools and applications
o Managed help desk trouble ticket volumes, track and document customer calls by using Ticketing system

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
momnani said:
Below is the previous letter...
o Responsible for the implementation of desktop and server platforms, printers and other core technologies essential to the company's core infrastructure and businesses
o Provide a 7/24 support “After Hours – On Call” pager support and participate in 7/24 work arrangements as required to support activities (including technology implementation/testing/upgrades required on off hours or weekends)
o Troubleshoot, resolve/escalate technical problems within a timely manner
o Troubleshoot and provide technical support for Lenovo/IBM laptops, desktop, local and network multifunctional printers
o Provided end-user technical support for terminal server environment for both SSL and IPSEC VPN
o Take data backups on regular basis
o Provided technical support for broad range of in house\enterprise wide applications including but not limited to IBM Mainframe, IBM Series (AS/400), Citrix, Internet\Web browser, Tivoli Remote Control applications
o Troubleshoot and resolve networking issues including LAN/WAN, VOIP, Wireless and Mobile networks, Cisco IPT Telephones, Blackberry devices
o Provided password reset support using Net IQ Administration (DRA), RSA Ace Server, Host, Citrix, SQL, with other tools and applications
o Managed help desk trouble ticket volumes, track and document customer calls by using Ticketing system
This is predominantly 2282. I think apart from including the revised letter - give a logical explanation of 'why' you're doing so and you should be fine.