+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
alebiosu said:
Ladies and Gents, A new Nigerian is on board. I am about sending my initial application to CIC , can i go ahead while i try to get the IELTS done or must i wait for the IELTS result to be in hand before i can apply? Please a quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
hi
ielts is now compulsory at time of initial application. try and book nthe next available date in any city and write the exam. If you apply without it your application will be rejected

neki

Apr 29, 2010
"hi
ielts is now compulsory at time of initial application. try and book nthe next available date in any city and write the exam. If you apply without it your application will be rejected"

is this confirmed information? our ielts date is in mid-july so we won't get the results until august.
we had decided to send our application next week and now i am reading your post.
make confusion no break bone IJN o!

neki.

Abisola

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't think so tinuadeadebola,IELTS is compulsory,Yes but he doesn't nd 2 do it b4 initial app 2 CIO,but wud need it when sending documents 2 visa office.so he can go on with his app while he registers 4 IELTS pending response 4rm CIO.

Correct if I'm wrong o,seniors
Just my 2 cent.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People

I no be senior but I agree with Abisola, IELTS result is needed at Local CHC stage.

Peace!!

neddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS now compulsory before initial application to CIO

Imeobong

Mar 1, 2010
Hello house,

I am new, and I need the immigrant visa so bad, I will soon ask my questions, let me go thru u guys responds first

Iwin2

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Request
26th July,2012
Med's Done....
2nd August,2012
Passport Req..
6th Nov, 2012
Friends,
I think we need to refer to the official document for our comments on IELTS.Every applicant is advised to take IELTS b4 initial application(except those whose first language is English).This is to be sure of the exact point u will score under English Language proficiency.There is no other way u can be sure of ur points under English language proficiecy apart from this. However, if u look tru the checklist for the forms and document(s) u are to submit to NS,Sydney and pay special attention to item no 12, you will discover that u are not to send copy/original of ur IELTS result with ur initial application. Summarily, u have to take IELTS before application, use it for scoring b4 sending ur initial application to Sydney, keep until u are ready to make full application to Accra. this is the way I have understood the application guide. Wishing u all the best.

For better understanding of all, I have copied a portion of the English Language Proof on pages 8 and 9 in the official application guide below
"You should not submit your test results or written submission to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia Canada. If the application is recommended for further processing, the test results or written submission should be submitted to the responsible Visa Office.
However, it is recommended that all applicants using this category complete their language test(s) or their written submission before submitting their application to the CIO in Sydney so that they know in advance how many language points they will attain on the selection grid.
Note: The descriptions above are meant to provide you with an informal self-assessment only.
Proof of Language Proficiency
At the time of submission of your application to a Visa Office, you will need to:

submit language test results from a designated testing agency or
• establish your proficiency through a written explanation and supporting documentation.
CIC strongly advises that you provide the results of a language test if English or French is not your first language. Written submissions are only recommended for applicants whose first language is English or French."

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
Iwin2 said:
Friends,
I think we need to refer to the official document for our comments on IELTS.Every applicant is advised to take IELTS b4 initial application(except those whose first language is English).This is to be sure of the exact point u will score under English Language proficiency.There is no other way u can be sure of ur points under English language proficiecy apart from this. However, if u look tru the checklist for the forms and document(s) u are to submit to NS,Sydney and pay special attention to item no 12, you will discover that u are not to send copy/original of ur IELTS result with ur initial application. Summarily, u have to take IELTS before application, use it for scoring b4 sending ur initial application to Sydney, keep until u are ready to make full application to Accra. this is the way I have understood the application guide. Wishing u all the best.

For better understanding of all, I have copied a portion of the English Language Proof on pages 8 and 9 in the official application guide below
"You should not submit your test results or written submission to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia Canada. If the application is recommended for further processing, the test results or written submission should be submitted to the responsible Visa Office.
However, it is recommended that all applicants using this category complete their language test(s) or their written submission before submitting their application to the CIO in Sydney so that they know in advance how many language points they will attain on the selection grid.
Note: The descriptions above are meant to provide you with an informal self-assessment only.
Proof of Language Proficiency
At the time of submission of your application to a Visa Office, you will need to:

submit language test results from a designated testing agency or
• establish your proficiency through a written explanation and supporting documentation.
CIC strongly advises that you provide the results of a language test if English or French is not your first language. Written submissions are only recommended for applicants whose first language is English or French."

Iwin2 is right. According to another CIC Procedural document "OP6" dated 1st of April,2010, "For applications received on or after April 10, 2010, at the CIO, (visa officers are are instructed,) do not offer the applicant the opportunity to undergo and submit the results of a designated language test. What this means is that unlike what obtained before April 10,2010 where you could submit other written evidence of language proficiency other than IELTS but if the visa officer at Accra for instance is not satisfied, he is obligated to contact you and request for IELTS results. But with the new instruction, if you do NOT submit your results to your local visa office while you are submitting your full documents, you will NOT be given a second chance.

I hope this gives further light on the question.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moi people

We all are saying the same thing - It is NOT a must but recommended.

If you are confident of your english language competency, go ahead score yourself 16 points, apply to CIO and take the test whilst waiting for the email. If you do not get the 16 points, na your palava be that and you have probably wasted time and money. If you score the 16 points, hurray, proceed to the next stage.

Every applicant will approach this in their own way. I was confident that I will score 16 points and barely prepared for the test and I scored the 16 points, others may not feel that way. And by the way, I took the test after I got the email from NS

Peace to yo'all!!

Emcool00

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-09
Doc's Request.
09-02-10
AOR Received.
09-02-10
File Transfer...
09-04-10
Med's Request
29-04-10
Med's Done....
25-05-10
Passport Req..
11-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
I agree totally with ANigerian.I also applied and sat for the test in march this year after receiving email from NS and got 16 points. So personal situation of each person will determine what S/HE will do.However there seem to be some concern expressed on this forum in recent times about the waiting period for the test due to the increase in number of people applying.I cannot confirm this. It will thus be necessary for anyone planning to apply to personally visit the British Council to get 1st hand info about waiting period.

fran6

May 16, 2010
Emcool00 said:
I agree totally with ANigerian.I also applied and sat for the test in march this year after receiving email from NS and got 16 points. So personal situation of each person will determine what S/HE will do.However there seem to be some concern expressed on this forum in recent times about the waiting period for the test due to the increase in number of people applying.I cannot confirm this. It will thus be necessary for anyone planning to apply to personally visit the British Council to get 1st hand info about waiting period.

hi, i applied for the academic module and the exam is on the 19th of this month. however i learnt from this forum that the general module is what i should have applied for.
Kindly tell me, is this right, and what consequences will i bear if i go ahead with this exam.
i also learnt the academic module is generally considered, 'not easy' how true is this and what are one's chances of scoring the required 16 points.
thank you.

adebolakazeem

Feb 13, 2009
It is written boldly on the cic website, from april 10 2010, IELTS is compulsory with initial application to nova scotia, dont be ill informed, check the cic website and dont orchestrate your own misfortune.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Hello omo 9ijas,

Let us get find out the truth of whatever we post to the forum so as not to mis-lead ourselves.

We all know that IELTS is now compulsory but the comportment is at the local visa office.

CIO will not returned or reject your application just because you did not attach proof of English.

If every other thing is ok, then you are left with ACCRA to prove ur English/French ability.

Please refer to this reply given by most revered senior PMM for clarity:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ielts-submission-t43408.0.html

I think we can now go to sleep bcos Ive been reading the instructional manual of Immigration Canada since this post was pasted and cud not find anywhere it is written.

Other 9ija senior please react o....Agba kiiwa l'oja ki ori omo tuntun wo.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right

You couldn't have said it better, I am in line with you.

Peace to all!!