+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

oremakinde

Feb 21, 2010
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMPORTANT AND URGENT PLEASE

"i am a Nigerian citizen who is planning to send my final application to gana office within the next 3month. I am expecting a child in the next 6weeks. Do I add the baby's name afresh to the form when he/she is born?. If so how do I pay the processing fee for the baby since I have paid for myself and my wife earlier on at the first application?. how do i pay processing fee for the baby at this point of the application process.

The payement I made at application to canada was made by the use of credit card and a payement form which I filled with the details of the card and the amount I am paying. The form has been premade in such a way that the principal applicant amount has been typed already on it. Should I cancel this, because I am only paying for the newly born child. Hope I will not be penalized for altering there form.
I mean should I cancel the amount for the principal applicant on the form so that it wont be as if I am paying the principal applicant again. Since i am only paying for the new baby.

Please I need an urgent help and advice. Thanks and God bless you all.

Sir K

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
"i am a Nigerian citizen who is planning to send my final application to gana office within the next 3month. I am expecting a child in the next 6weeks. Do I add the baby's name afresh to the form when he/she is born?. If so how do I pay the processing fee for the baby since I have paid for myself and my wife earlier on at the first application?. how do i pay processing fee for the baby at this point of the application process.

The payement I made at application to canada was made by the use of credit card and a payement form which I filled with the details of the card and the amount I am paying. The form has been premade in such a way that the principal applicant amount has been typed already on it. Should I cancel this, because I am only paying for the newly born child. Hope I will not be penalized for altering there form.
I mean should I cancel the amount for the principal applicant on the form so that it wont be as if I am paying the principal applicant again. Since i am only paying for the new baby.

Please I need an urgent help and advice. Thanks and God bless you all.
Oremakinde,
There is no cause for you to worry at all, I was in a similar situation last year. Do not alter anything, proceed with the normal payment as if you are not expecting any changes to your family composition. When the baby is born by the grace of God, you will immediately notify the high commission in Ghana of the new arrival to the Family. (This you can do by normal email or case specific mail). They will congratulate you and and advise you on what to do. The will ask you to pay $150 processing fee for the baby and update all your forms. This time you will now include the baby's particulars. I added a new baby while We've already done the medical test, by the special grace of God we have our visa now including that of the new baby. We are due to land in August. So relax and send the application,
Cheers

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Sir K, a question please. How did your wife do the medicals? Did she do the medicals while she was pregnant or before she was pregnant? I ask this because I am concerned about the chest x-ray bit.

Sir K

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Thanks Jada,
I submitted full application to Ghana around first week in May 2009, Received e-mail from Ghana on the 20th of May of a change in B- number and that they have started processing, My wife put to bed on the 23rd of June 2009, Mailed them on the 25th of June and they acknowledge my mail 15 of July but they had already sent our package for medicals b4 the acknowledgment. So in short my wife had already put to bed b4 the X-ray stuff. the only similarity was that my wife was also close to delivery when I submitted full application to Ghana.
Hope I have answered your question.
Cheers

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Yes you have Sir K, thank you. All the best in your preparations to land.

oremakinde

Feb 21, 2010
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you and God bless you. My wife will put to bed in 6weeks by God's grace, I still have time, I will wait till then and as soon as we get the baby's birth certificate I will send the completed application. I will not add any fee with the application. I will add a cover letter telling them of the changes and asking them how they want me to pay the money. Is it Okay like this. Thanks Sir K and congratulation for you visa, i am really happy for you.

One more question, I have been processing my documents but I emphysage I may have some difficulties getting employment contract and/or reference letter from some of my employers especially those in the northern part of the country. i have been pressing hard on them but what of if some did not give me ,what can i do. Do I have to travel there despite my difficult schedule if they refuse to accept with phone contact. Do one need to get all of the contract and reference by all means. You know our Nigerian employer some of the time dont do things formally at employement, some dont give contract letter and we also take things with levity forgetting we will need it in the futture.

Again I am on an online masters which I have not concluded yet, I have added it to the initial form, do I have to get the transcript for this , will they use this to access me despite the fact that I have not finished it.

Again If I found out that one of my employer have changed the company name but I had filled the formal name in the form I sent to canada. Do I change it and notify them.

F.Blessed

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, congrats to all who are in CAD or almost there.

My name is Elizabeth and i am in France, i am planning to relocate to Canada using the Highly Skilled immigrant scheme with my family.

I saw the post in Canada Immigration Forum.

Can you please recommend to me what immigration Consultant you used for your application and what your expeience was with them.

Secondly we are contemplating on who should be the priinciple applicant although my husband has more point he is still currently working and we dont want a situation where he will need to get documents from the office or a situation where the immigration guys are calling and asking question, this might not go down well with current employer. please guys advice us

Thanks and i hope to hear from you all.

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Welcome to the forum,you have no need for an immigration Consultant,you can do it yourself,just post any question and you will get an answer.
Either you or husband can apply so long you have above 67.
Start by visiting-www.cic.gc.ca
Good luck.
Benny

F.Blessed

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all
Thanks Benny i have for sure visited CIC site, in as much as they say consultants are not necessay the consultants seem to claim they do alot of stuff for you like filing the application, tracking it and even writing a covering letter that goes with the application the only problems is that their charge is outragious.

AS for scores yes i have 71 while my husband has about 80.

Would i need to prove my NYSC experience as this is the only work experience that i have that is listed in the professions in CIC site.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Moi Pple.

Please can someone make payment to CIO using a bank draft cheque issue by First Bank of Nigeria payable in Canada?

I have a domiciliary account with 1st Bank and was told they could raise the draft for me.

Please react.

ogbeni

Feb 3, 2010
Hello people,

Pls i need advise from someone that has already paid for the initial application to cic in canada right from Nigeria. I really want to be sure if the mastercard being issued here in Nigeria can be used to pay the initial fee to canada.

I have used the one issued by Gtbank (Nigeria) in the UK recently and it worked while checking account balance and also making few purchases. I really dont mind the charges. However, what i'm concerned with is whether cic will accept it in canada.

Hope to read from someone who has been in a similar situation before.

Many thanks.

ibacode

May 22, 2010
House i need to seek your guide on my Application, firstly, am currently study in UK and my staying in UK going to 3years now. i want to apply under Quebec-selected skilled workers and i will like to know if i will send my application to the visa office in London or to Ghana. also i read on d quebec webite that i have to obtain a quebect certificate of selection b4 apply! how will i get this.

these are the steps the website said i have to pass thru. as am not clear on how to get thru that of number (1) and (6) steps:

1. Obtain a Quebec Certificate of Selection.
2. Obtain and print the correct application package .
3. Complete the application.
4. Determine where you must submit your application.
5. Obtain the instructions for the visa office where you will submit your application.
6. Calculate your fees.
7. Check your application.
8. Submit your application.

i need someone to guard me pls.

oremakinde

Feb 21, 2010
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sir K said:
Oremakinde,
There is no cause for you to worry at all, I was in a similar situation last year. Do not alter anything, proceed with the normal payment as if you are not expecting any changes to your family composition. When the baby is born by the grace of God, you will immediately notify the high commission in Ghana of the new arrival to the Family. (This you can do by normal email or case specific mail). They will congratulate you and and advise you on what to do. The will ask you to pay $150 processing fee for the baby and update all your forms. This time you will now include the baby's particulars. I added a new baby while We've already done the medical test, by the special grace of God we have our visa now including that of the new baby. We are due to land in August. So relax and send the application,
Cheers

Sir k , I actually need to contact you on a personal ground. i dont know if you can share you email with me or mail me through oluwakemigbadegesin@yahoo.com. I really need a personal advice from you

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

It has been 4 weeks since my complete apps was delivered by the courier to Accra office (signed for by Jones Nabi) however, my status on ecas is yet to change to received at visa office. My 120 day limit expires in a week and I am eager to know what is going on.

Anybody out there that has experienced this length of delay in the ecas status changing to 'received by visa office'?

Peace!!!