+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

fran6

May 16, 2010
can someone please advice me on which visa office to send my initial application.
be expecting your replies.
thank you.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
F.Blessed said:
Hi all
Thanks Benny i have for sure visited CIC site, in as much as they say consultants are not necessay the consultants seem to claim they do alot of stuff for you like filing the application, tracking it and even writing a covering letter that goes with the application the only problems is that their charge is outragious.

AS for scores yes i have 71 while my husband has about 80.

Would i need to prove my NYSC experience as this is the only work experience that i have that is listed in the professions in CIC site.

Thanks,
Elizabeth
am afraid if one yr of NYSC is the only experience on the NOC list then it might be quite risky. I would advise that if your husband have more experience then he should be the one to apply (personal opinion) also as for consultant ,there is nothing they do that you cant do yourself. Tracking, cover letter etc are things you can easily do yourself.

Best of luck in your decision

oremakinde

Feb 21, 2010
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please help urgently.

Hello house,
I need somebody to help with a problem I have. I am a nigeria and I am at the stage when I am suppose to send my document to the visa office. I made a mistake, may be its not a mistake. My wife got a passport before we got married and this is bearing her maiden name(her father's name). After our marriage she changed her name to my name. When I was sending the forms to CIO-canada, I we filled her current changed name( which is my surname) with the passport number on the passport bearing the old name. Now I got to know that passport can be reissued for the sake of change of name at marriage contrary to the opinion I had before. Should I go for the reissue, changed the old passport number and inform them about this change. Or should I send the passport with the old name which is not the name I filled. Hope I will not be misunderstood. Someone to help me urgently.

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oremakinde said:
Please help urgently.

Hello house,
I need somebody to help with a problem I have. I am a nigeria and I am at the stage when I am suppose to send my document to the visa office. I made a mistake, may be its not a mistake. My wife got a passport before we got married and this is bearing her maiden name(her father's name). After our marriage she changed her name to my name. When I was sending the forms to CIO-canada, I we filled her current changed name( which is my surname) with the passport number on the passport bearing the old name. Now I got to know that passport can be reissued for the sake of change of name at marriage contrary to the opinion I had before. Should I go for the reissue, changed the old passport number and inform them about this change. Or should I send the passport with the old name which is not the name I filled. Hope I will not be misunderstood. Someone to help me urgently.
Hi
Get a new passport of your wife and include the new passport no in the form and attached a covering letter stating reason for the change in passport number and you will be fine.
Good luck
Benny

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bennyameh said:
Hi
Get a new passport of your wife and include the new passport no in the form and attached a covering letter stating reason for the change in passport number and you will be fine.
Good luck
Benny
Alternatively, you can just have the changed surname noted on the old passport (there is a page noted as observation page where such changes are noted). All you need to produce at the passport office is your marraige certificate, this is how name changes are done and is an alternative to a brand new passport.

Peace!!

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
oremakinde said:
Please help urgently.

Hello house,

Solution 1. Relax.
Solution 2. I am not sure this is a big deal. Pick up the new passport for your wife and ensure the immigration officer cancels the old passport. Update the forms with her new passport number and include a note explaining your action. Just ENSURE you include your wife's court affidavit for change of name. Make a photocopy of the biodata pages of the two passports and attach. As well, attach a copy or two of the canceled pages of the old passport. Normally, when its time for your passports to be stamped with your visas, they will normally ask you to submit all old passports alongside. At that time, they can easily confirm AGAIN (cos they really don't need the physical copies to investigate the passport histories) that you were not dubious.

This is my 1 cent (kobo), seniors in the house may have superior information.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ANigerian said:
Hi

It has been 4 weeks since my complete apps was delivered by the courier to Accra office (signed for by Jones Nabi) however, my status on ecas is yet to change to received at visa office. My 120 day limit expires in a week and I am eager to know what is going on.

Anybody out there that has experienced this length of delay in the ecas status changing to 'received by visa office'?

Peace!!!
My people, any comments on the above posting I made earlier?

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
ANigerian said:
I am sorry I am not particularly familiar with time lines for this stage of submission. However, what I think might give you some respite is to join a sub forum (there are a couple of them) on this canadavisa.com where people at your stage share time lines, challenges and experiences. You may just look for the group that covers MAY 2010 submission to visa office. The information you will get from such a group will be immense. I did that when I submitted to Nova Scotia and it paid off.

OR there is a particular highly knowledgeable VIP member of this forum by name PMM - mail him directly through the inbox allocated to you on this canadavisa.com forum. He will respond.

Best!

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ANigerian said:
Hi
Accra now take btw 4-5 weeks to update your status to received by visa office from the day it was received.Just relax,it will change any minute from now.
Good luck.
Benny

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Patience is all that is required for success

alebiosu

Jun 4, 2010
Ladies and Gents, A new Nigerian is on board. I am about sending my initial application to CIC , can i go ahead while i try to get the IELTS done or must i wait for the IELTS result to be in hand before i can apply? Please a quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alebiosu said:
Ladies and Gents, A new Nigerian is on board. I am about sending my initial application to CIC , can i go ahead while i try to get the IELTS done or must i wait for the IELTS result to be in hand before i can apply? Please a quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ielts-submission-t43408.0.html
Benny

F.Blessed

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks tinuadeadebola , we have decided he becomes the principal applicant and hopefully he wont get into trouble in the office.

Thanks Soj, Barsindoo and Darkside for the personal replies

Thanks house for the sugestions.

Elizabeth

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a good site that gives a feel of the property market in Canada.

http://homes.point2.com/Listing/