+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

rajutatavarthi

Dec 14, 2014
I am also in the same boat - ICT employee in Canada from India

I received ITA last week after getting 50 additional points via ICT. CIC checklist has below document which I am planning to keep my reference letter from my employer + Deputation letter. As my job is Permanent(in India), they will not issue another letter stating 1 year of employment after receiving PR. I believe, no employer will do that for ICT cases as it is project dependent.

"You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job is:

for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)

The job offer letter must include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and email address)."

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
rajutatavarthi said:

I received ITA last week after getting 50 additional points via ICT. CIC checklist has below document which I am planning to keep my reference letter from my employer + Deputation letter. As my job is Permanent(in India), they will not issue another letter stating 1 year of employment after receiving PR. I believe, no employer will do that for ICT cases as it is project dependent.

"You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job is:

skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)

The job offer letter must include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and email address)."
You need it to claim the 50 points. You're asking to get points for a JOB OFFER. If your employer isn't going to OFFER you a job you won't get those 50 points.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
masimshehzad said:
My CRS score is 418.

Please advise chances?

Please advise minimum threshold to get the PR in one year?

Please advise straight forward. I inferred, I have no chance.
i doubt scores will fall to 418 anytime during the next year either...

you should strongly consider PNPs, thats your best bet.

pessi76

Nov 18, 2016
kalpan said:
Hi

The four-year rule did not apply to all foreign workers in Canada. Exemptions included workers in managerial (National Occupational Classification 0) and professional (NOC A) positions, workers in Canada under NAFTA, and workers with a provincial nomination certificate.

Please go through the link:
I believe 4 years cap is specific to Temporary Foreign Worker Program. ICT has different set of rules.Currently people working in Canada through Intra-Company-Transfer (ICT)-skilled worker can stay maximum of 5 years in Canada, then the 6th year extension cannot be applied by the employer if they are not in manager. They should be away from Canada for one year and new work permit will be applied by the employer after one year.

I am not sure if CIC change to remove cumulative duration limit is applicable for ICT or not.

pessi76

Nov 18, 2016
rajutatavarthi said:

Did you accept the ITA?

kanike2013

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
kryt0n said:
You need it to claim the 50 points. You're asking to get points for a JOB OFFER. If your employer isn't going to OFFER you a job you won't get those 50 points.
@kryt0n thanks (where do I find '+' button)

If the offer letter is in below format i.e., it has both details such as experience info and offer info, is it acceptable? :'( :'( :'(

To Whomsoever It May Concern:

We confirm that Kanike (Emp No: xxxxx) is a full time employee with TCS in Canada from 6th May 2014 to till date; and has been employed with TCS globally since 7th Jan 2013. He is presently working as a Software Developer with one of our clients based at Ontario.

Kanike is working 40 hours per week and his/her current work responsibilities include following:
<<<<Duties listed in bulletins>>>>

Kanike current annual salary is CAD 99999. He/she is covered under TCS Canada benefits plan.

Further, we hereby confirm that we wish to keep him employed on a permanent basis pending finalization of his/her Permanent Residence application.

Should you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Managaer Name
Program Manager
phone no
email id

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanike2013 said:
@kryt0n thanks (where do I find '+' button)

If the offer letter is in below format i.e., it has both details such as experience info and offer info, is it acceptable? :'( :'( :'(

To Whomsoever It May Concern:

We confirm that Kanike (Emp No: xxxxx) is a full time employee with TCS in Canada from 6th May 2014 to till date; and has been employed with TCS globally since 7th Jan 2013. He is presently working as a Software Developer with one of our clients based at Ontario.

Kanike is working 40 hours per week and his/her current work responsibilities include following:
<<<<Duties listed in bulletins>>>>

Kanike current annual salary is CAD 99999. He/she is covered under TCS Canada benefits plan.

Further, we hereby confirm that we wish to keep him employed on a permanent basis pending finalization of his/her Permanent Residence application.

Should you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Managaer Name
Program Manager
phone no
email id
You're basically merging the reference letter with the offer letter which I'm unsure as to whether it is acceptable.

Remember that a job offer must have the following:

A valid job offer has to be:

made by one employer
for work that is:
for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
not seasonal
not on a contract basis, and
in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

kanike2013

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
You're basically merging the reference letter with the offer letter which I'm unsure as to whether it is acceptable.

Remember that a job offer must have the following:

A valid job offer has to be:

made by one employer
for work that is:
for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
not seasonal
not on a contract basis, and
in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp
My bad this is how one of my friends doing it as advised by his immigration attorney. :eek: :eek: :eek:
I wanted a second opinion, thus confusion.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It could work. I'm just saying that there will be two slots - one for you to upload your ref letter and the other for the offer letter so I'm unsure if you can use the same document specially since it is not mentioning all of what is requested.

kanike2013

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
It could work. I'm just saying that there will be two slots - one for you to upload your ref letter and the other for the offer letter so I'm unsure if you can use the same document specially since it is not mentioning all of what is requested.
@DelPiero07
Oh really, I thought it covers everything.
What is missing from that?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanike2013 said:
@DelPiero07
Oh really, I thought it covers everything.
What is missing from that?
It doesn't say that it is not on contractual basis, that it is not seasonal, that it is for full time work and continuous.

dsingh72

Dec 29, 2016
Dear Del Piero,
I've been working full-time in Canada on PGWP fir more than 1 year. Should I also get an offer letter from my employer? Or it will be redundant, since I will not get any points for it because I don't have any LMIA. Please reply I am in a dilemma. Thank you so so much.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Del Piero,
I've been working full-time in Canada on PGWP fir more than 1 year. Should I also get an offer letter from my employer? Or it will be redundant, since I will not get any points for it because I don't have any LMIA. Please reply I am in a dilemma. Thank you so so much.
You only need a reference letter following IRCC's requirements.

Reactions: dsingh72

dsingh72

Dec 29, 2016
You only need a reference letter following IRCC's requirements.
Alrighty, Thanks, Del. One more question. I have M.Sc. degree from Canada. So, I didn't go for WES education. Should I mention my foreign degrees and put their scans or Canadian M.Sc. info is enough as it's the highest? If I don't need to put foreign education, should I even mention those degrees in the education section of EE file? Again thanks a lot.

qgon123

Feb 12, 2017
Alrighty, Thanks, Del. One more question. I have M.Sc. degree from Canada. So, I didn't go for WES education. Should I mention my foreign degrees and put their scans or Canadian M.Sc. info is enough as it's the highest? If I don't need to put foreign education, should I even mention those degrees in the education section of EE file? Again thanks a lot.
Veere! pichle saal de thread ch post ker k tu taan traah e kadta. Main smjheya fer koi nawin policy aa gai November Ton.

Reactions: dsingh72