+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Wolverine17 said:
463 when i update with my spouse new results
That's a good score. The points have already dropped to 450 and are likely to drop again soon. You are definitely in with a chance.

BOWPR

Dec 12, 2015
ScarletSails said:
They give people with LMIA 50 or 200 points and give graduates who completed a 1-year or 2-year program only 15 points and other graduates who completed 3-year or 4-year programs or Master's/PhD with 30 points. I do not see how that change is going to replace LMIA holders with unemployed CEC. Please remember that EE is still a pool where only candidates with highest scores will be selected. Unemployed CEC without skills and work experience and high language scores will not automatically become competitive because of the extra 15 or 30 points.
They way I am seeing it FSW & FST with LMIA but without diploma or degree can only obtain points in the lower levels say 300's to 400's.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
mnhasan621 said:
Can I apply without my spouse to get more points?

Thanks.
Sure, but then she can't come with you to Canada. If you choose to sponsor her afterwards the wait is about a year.

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BOWPR said:
Reducing LMIA points is a joke. What are CIC trying to achieve by placing those already working in Canada on a LMIA in the same rank as some who've never even been here? Where is the logic in that? The whole purpose of PR based LMIA is to ease access to PR, they may as well just abolish PR / LMIA because its practically worthless by the sounds of whats coming.

I'm not 100% certain but it could be possible as in my case, FSW & FST PR/LMIA holders currently working in Canada without degrees or diplomas could be outranked by a unemployed CEC who's got a 1 year gender studies diploma. How have they made this even possible?

Interesting times ahead.
My partner has a Canadian degree and more than 1 year of work experience...and is making >60k. And without this change of decreased LMIA...has been being passed my thousands of low human factor candidates with LMIA

Sorry, but if you have low points go improve them. We dont need more low wage restaurant managers passing up high earners en masse. We need them in a fine balance .

Economic immigration is just that. Economic. This change is much fairer.

Dont forget that there will still be room for the people you're advocating for. Not all international students are doing bachelor's/masters. The ones with 1yr diploma are getting much less points.

And if you are sour at those who are getting more points than you with a 1yr diploma, go get one yourself since apparently youre being well paid and already well integrated.

After all its just a gender studies diploma right?(seriously, are you that angry?)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
ravdawg said:
My partner has a Canadian degree and more than 1 year of work experience...and is making >60k. And without this change of decreased LMIA...has been being passed my thousands of low human factor candidates with LMIA

Sorry, but if you have low points go improve them. We dont need more low wage restaurant managers passing up high earners en masse. We need them in a fine balance .

Dont forget that there will still be room for the people you're advocating for. Not all international students are doing bachelor's/masters. The ones with 1yr diploma are getting much less points.

And if you are sour at those who are getting more points than you with a 1yr diploma, go get one yourself since apparently youre being well paid and already well integrated.

After all its just a gender studies diploma right?(seriously, are you that angry?)
^^^ +1

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
To get LMIA 50 points, should I have to work with the same employer for a year, then I am eligible to get 50 points? OR JUST LMIA is enough to claim 50 points after positive LMIA with employer name on work permit?

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
kalpan said:
To get LMIA 50 points, should I have to work with the same employer for a year, then I am eligible to get 50 points? OR JUST LMIA is enough to claim 50 points after positive LMIA with employer name on work permit?
Anyone with LMIA can get 50 or 200 points. In fact, you get those points even BEFORE you get your work permit and start working in Canada. The one year provision is only for ICTs and other work permits (NAFTA etc.).

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
kalpan said:
Lmia paper is good to claim.

Btw, reducing lmia pts is the smartest things from liberal party lol...its like stopping the zombie immigration wave =))

BOWPR

Dec 12, 2015
ravdawg said:

No idea what you're talking about. You haven't gone through the LMIA process nor has your partner. You are not an employer either so how can you comment on the needs of employers, and yea I am angry with every right to be. The change is not fair, anyone who has actually gone through the LMIA process will understand that.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
kryt0n said:
That's a good score. The points have already dropped to 450 and are likely to drop again soon. You are definitely in with a chance.
Yes but am running out of time,will loose 5 points in jan due to age

Vickyhart

May 16, 2016
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be announced in Nov 19th

omarimam said:
Where does it say November 19th? Are they gonna announce it at a Saturday? I dont think so.
Please I really need to understand this whole thing because i'm getting more confused.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
http://www.cicnews.com/2016/11/canada-outlines-significant-changes-comprehensive-ranking-system-crs-express-entry-immigration-118652.html

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
BOWPR said:
No idea what you're talking about. You haven't gone through the LMIA process nor has your partner. You are not an employer either so how can you comment on the needs of employers, and yea I am angry with every right to be. The change is not fair, anyone who has actually gone through the LMIA process will understand that.
I went through the LMIA process and it is a complete sham.

The employer isn't looking to hire the best for the job, they want you. They will write anything to prove they want you. Not in an underhand way, but because they believe you are best for the job as you have likely been doing it for 1year +.

Unfortunately as the old 600 points pretty much guaranteed an ITA if approved, the system was abused. Some people even paid $1000's to get these fake LMIA's. Now it is at 50 points, the worker must also prove their other skills are backed up.

I believe this is a fair system, and my LMIA was refused!!