Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
jasminexyz said:
Hi I just received my first gcms notes. I applied mainly to confirm that NDVO has my passport and police certificates (which was very expensive for me). They have them all and as expected nothing has started except medical passed. I spent more than two hours reading the notes and still I did not understand so many things. Why is there so many application statuses? I mean under HISTORY. And most of my statuses say open but the reason are different, like one app status reason says TRF- eligibility...what does that mean? And also what does " inventory SPR" and "prospective" means as in application status reason.

Under correspondence they have mentioned about the emails I wrote to them regarding address correction, my passport and pccs. But I don't understand why do they have documents received from cpc missisuaga with incoming correspondence from me. They mentioned that they received my sponsors financial evaluation and sponsors information from missisuaga.

Anyone have any information on this please share. Thank you!!!
I am wondering, does your ECAS state medicals received? Since your meds are passed...

TRF stands for transfer? So I think they are going to transfer your file to check your eligibility.
Prospective means that there is a good possibility to be selected for something (eg: for interview, visa, etc). They are considering it.
Not sure though and I hope someone who had already applied for their GCMS notes can also help answer.

They definitely got your emails to them for address change and regarding your passport and PCCs.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
kunjai said:
Got my interview letter.. today morning by e-mail...
Its on 21st May 2014.....

Just that my medical was done the same date last year!

Visa Office......: New Delhi
App. Filed.......: 25-06-2013
AOR Received.: 16-07-2013
File Transfer...: 24-07-2013
Med's Done....: 22-05-2013
Interview........: 21-05-2014
Passport Req..: 02-09-2013
Good luck! Hope you pass the interview and make them think that their time was wasted because your relationship was genuine and they couldn't find any flaws.

kunjai

Oct 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2013
AOR Received.
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
24-07-2013
Med's Request
23-05-2014 (Reassessment of Medical Validity)
Med's Done....
24-05-2014 (Reassessment of Medical Validity)
Interview........
21-05-2014
Passport Req..
02-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2014
LANDED..........
11-08-2014
Received my Second GCMS notes..

It says..

*^*Recommended for interview File no******,*************** Foss: No hit sponsor,**Name**, DOB:**/**/**** became PR on **/**/**** under SW1 category - she has submitted sponsorship for spouse, **Name** dob:**/**/**** PREVIOUS SPONSORSHIP: none PREVIOUS RELATION SHIP (SPONSOR): YES Name:***** DOB:**/**/**** Date of marriage **/**/****Date of Seperation**/**/****Date of Divorce**/**/**** Divorce document: Provided. PREVIOUS RELATIONSHIP (Applicant):None Siblings: One sibling (married) in India
COMMENTS: Information on this file indicated that it is an arranged marriage; applicant and sponsor know each other since June 1984 as they were studying in the same school and they and their families have been friends since then; in 2005 after sponsor's divorce he was a huge support to sponsor mentally and emotionally; later they started dating each other; he used to travel regularly to Bangalore for business purposes and always visited her during his stay in Bangalore; applicant proposed her on 06/09/2010, their marriage was solemnized on 07/04/2013; both cohabited until 24/04/2013. Applicant was 39 years and sponsor was 38 years of age at the time of marriage; applicant has 15 years of education and sponsor has done 3 years of college; first marriage of applicant and second marriage for sponsor; native language of applicant is Hindi and sponsor's is Malayalam; both belong to Kerala Hindu community.

But in the application I had given my native language as 'Malayalam' not 'Hindi'. I dunno how they have changed to Hindi. Although I know hindi i am not well versed in it, and moreover Malayalam is my native language.
How can I confirm/check this point? And what all are the red flags in the report? Can someone throw some light on this?

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
mani04 said:
hello guys....a big OMG from my side.....i got a call from embassy to collect the passport....and today my ecas shows in process....a big thanks to myrah and all forum members for their support and advice.... :) :D :p
they confirmed my date of birth and asked me whether i can fly to canada before my medical expire ...i said yes i can travel so they told me to come and pick up the passport from the embassy....
App. Filed.......: 21-06-2013
File Transfer...: 25-07-2013
Passport Req..: 12-08-2013
Congrats mani04, that was really fast! all the best in life then. We can kick you out of here to go to Canada once you have your visa in your hands.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Priyankita said:
Hey i got an email today too frm NVDO and my interview is scheduled for the same day. What tym is urs? and looks like we have the same time line too!
App. Filed.......: 23-Jun-2013
Med's Done....: 20-Apr-2013
Passport Req..: 30-Aug-2013
All the best in preparing for your interview. Hope you pass with flying colours and show them that they are wasting their time thinking that your marriage is not genuine, because it is a true marriage for you two.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
MTL said:
Today i got call from Canada embassy Chandigarh for Quebec Selection Certificate, they told me to send it by their FAX at Chandigarh embassy, thank God, it means at least they picked my application file, but i'm little confused to hear that my file is at Chandigarh embassy instead of NDVO, guys can anyone tell me how long it will take for visa now? Thanks in advance :)

26th July 2013 applicant
No idea how long it will take, but on the forum, it is taking 2 months or more after NDVO gets the required documents for them to open the file and look through it again.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
visu007 said:
OMG OMG OMG

My wife's application status just changed to "Decision Made". I cannot believe it!!!!! I just called my wife and she has not received her passport yet. Hoping its on its way!!! I just cant believe it... Thanks to everyone here for the support and wish everyone a speedy visa soon...
App. Filed.......: 12-07-2013
File Transfer...: 15-08-2013
Med's Done....: 24-06-2013
Interview........: Not yet... Hopefully waived
Passport Req..: 11-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...: IP: March 25
Congrats!! Hope your wife gets speedy passport with her visa.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
srkarthik said:
Hi All,
Found this info in another tread.
just sharing this info as this helps to know where we stand and watz next.
good luck everyone

thanks to the person who took effort to give this info.

I found this on the São Paulo thread: (The person didnt state where they got it from so I can't assure you this is 100% reliable)

Background Check is bisecting in two:

1. Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our spousal sponsorships being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, Genuineness of relationship ,Adaptability, Qualitative, Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate docs etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny by any means and ask for an Interview.

2. Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted or received to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; in terms of, Political, Socio-Economical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc.
This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, CBSA, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen (including Law Enforcement services), Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain targeted countries, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Results: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. Sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds
-Ecas: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

The Insight of the Process :

Stage-1: Mississauga: Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to Miss-ON> Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: VO stage onwards: Received Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File in Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+ Genuineness > Issue of 2nd AOR(sometimes) > Background Check > request of Additional docs(if any) > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Add. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR> Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Ecas is not a good tool to check your application level but it can shades some light if updated in time.
Thanks for posting! :)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
12ja said:
hi
i have complete my file for sponser my spouse..
how to pack or arrange it
fee receipt should be come first?

plz guide me
Arrange it in the order that is listed on the checklist. It is easier for the officers to check that all the documents are in place or not. And yes, fee receipt is first. Then the checklist and then all the other documents.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Bmselar said:
Hi... I'm september 10, 2013 applicant... Just wanted to know when can i apply for gcms notes to know exactly in which stage is my file... Plz do give your opinion....
July applications are being processed. It will take some time when September applications are started. You can keep an eye on the spreadsheet and this forum and you will know when NDVO will be processing applications closer or after your date of submission. Only then, you can apply for GCMS to see if your file has had any progress at all or not. If you apply for the notes now, most likely, you will have nothing started yet.

sicilian85

Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2013
AOR Received.
August 20th, 2013
File Transfer...
August 29th, 2013
Med's Done....
July 17th, 2013
Passport Req..
September 13th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: April 26th, DM: May 8th
kunjai said:

It says..

*^*Recommended for interview File no******,*************** Foss: No hit sponsor,**Name**, DOB:**/**/**** became PR on **/**/**** under SW1 category - she has submitted sponsorship for spouse, **Name** dob:**/**/**** PREVIOUS SPONSORSHIP: none PREVIOUS RELATION SHIP (SPONSOR): YES Name:***** DOB:**/**/**** Date of marriage **/**/****Date of Seperation**/**/****Date of Divorce**/**/**** Divorce document: Provided. PREVIOUS RELATIONSHIP (Applicant):None Siblings: One sibling (married) in India
COMMENTS: Information on this file indicated that it is an arranged marriage; applicant and sponsor know each other since June 1984 as they were studying in the same school and they and their families have been friends since then; in 2005 after sponsor's divorce he was a huge support to sponsor mentally and emotionally; later they started dating each other; he used to travel regularly to Bangalore for business purposes and always visited her during his stay in Bangalore; applicant proposed her on 06/09/2010, their marriage was solemnized on 07/04/2013; both cohabited until 24/04/2013. Applicant was 39 years and sponsor was 38 years of age at the time of marriage; applicant has 15 years of education and sponsor has done 3 years of college; first marriage of applicant and second marriage for sponsor; native language of applicant is Hindi and sponsor's is Malayalam; both belong to Kerala Hindu community.

But in the application I had given my native language as 'Malayalam' not 'Hindi'. I dunno how they have changed to Hindi. Although I know hindi i am not well versed in it, and moreover Malayalam is my native language.
How can I confirm/check this point? And what all are the red flags in the report? Can someone throw some light on this?
Second marriage and different native languages is what I think as red flag for you... but dont worry prepare well for the interview as NDVO is getting crazier everyday and asking stupid questions... Good Luck !!

pc2dc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-09-2013
File Transfer...
17-10-2013
Med's Done....
22-09-2013
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 19-06-2014 & Passport received on 15-07-2014
MdHasheem said:
to

The logic used in the excel to calculate the days till DM is wrong. It just takes todays Date - App filed date and then takes the average. Actually the number of days for an entry should stop as soon as one gets a DM and then this static number should be used to calc the avg. This could be done by config the excel cell to stop calc as soon as entry changes to color of DM or DM field is not null.
I am not sure I am understanding your reply. The average number of days field represents the difference between date of the application received by CIC and date of the status changed to "DM". So if you look at, for example, username Sabatour's row, he/she had application received status on 23rd Jan and DM status on 10th June...that's a difference of 138 days...All I did was take the average number of days it took for each month that the file was processed and passport was stamped. So for passports returned in June 2013, NDVO took an average of 139 days to make a decision and give the visa. Capisce? ::)

Priyankita

Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jun-2013
Med's Done....
20-Apr-2013
Interview........
21-May-2014
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon!!!
Desi-girl said:
All the best in preparing for your interview. Hope you pass with flying colours and show them that they are wasting their time thinking that your marriage is not genuine, because it is a true marriage for you two.
Thank u so much :) i know! m all geared up to show them how they are wasting thrs as well as our time...

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kunjai said:

It says..

thanks for sharing kunjai