Not yet... Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: March 25, 2014, DM: March 28, 2014
LANDED..........
Soon...
OMG OMG OMG

My wife's application status just changed to "Decision Made". I cannot believe it!!!!! I just called my wife and she has not received her passport yet. Hoping its on its way!!! I just cant believe it... Thanks to everyone here for the support and wish everyone a speedy visa soon...

RJ1710

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Done....
16-02-2013 and re -Medical : 28-02-2014
Interview........
went well on 20-02-2014
Passport Req..
01-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP- 20-2-2014, DM-12-04-2014
LANDED..........
waiting for passport
visu007 said:
OMG OMG OMG

My wife's application status just changed to "Decision Made". I cannot believe it!!!!! I just called my wife and she has not received her passport yet. Hoping its on its way!!! I just cant believe it... Thanks to everyone here for the support and wish everyone a speedy visa soon...

CONGRATS..

JUST CHANGED.. AT WHAT TIME ??

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MTL said:
Today i got call from Canada embassy Chandigarh for Quebec Selection Certificate, they told me to send it by their FAX at Chandigarh embassy, thank God, it means at least they picked my application file, but i'm little confused to hear that my file is at Chandigarh embassy instead of NDVO, guys can anyone tell me how long it will take for visa now? Thanks in advance :)
can u post ur timeline..? i already emailed my csq scanned copy before they could ask

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys, POSTING THIS AGAIN SINCE I DIDNT GET ANY REPLY

i need ur advice.. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
i received my passport request on 24th jan 2014, during this time my passport was with another country,s embassy office for my work visa processing..i wrote regarding this in detail to the visa office and requested for a PPR (passport request) at the end stage of the process. at this time i sent my CSQ and copy of RPRF receipt..
now i received my passport bak with work visa. Now i am planning to send my passport to delhi visa office along with latest communication details,chat history, call history etc. do u think this will make any problem since i am sending this without their second PPR?
do u think they will mis place my passport or throw the latest communication documents?
( i am not planning to travel abroad for the work visa which i received)
plz post ur valuable advice

visu007

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2013
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
24-06-2013
Interview........
Not yet... Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: March 25, 2014, DM: March 28, 2014
LANDED..........
Soon...
RJ1710 said:
CONGRATS..

JUST CHANGED.. AT WHAT TIME ??
Thanks! I dont know what time it changed. But I just check about an hour ago like I always do in the morning once I get to work and it was changed.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
visu007 said:
OMG OMG OMG

Oh Thats great... CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the second DM today

primoo

Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2013
AOR Received.
17-Apr-2013
File Transfer...
14-May-2013
Med's Done....
11-Feb-2013 Re-Meds: May 26, 2014
Interview........
05-May-2014
Passport Req..
03-Jun-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-Aug-2014
It's more disheartening to fail the interview as the appeal takes another year to process.

At which time, the decision is made to transfer the file to another officer and same old shit...different year... Please do not fail the interview guys... take time off work if you have to....

Deep Singh

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
File Transfer...
08-03-2013
Med's Request
Re-Medical Req.: 10-06-2014
Med's Done....
Re-Medical Done on: 11-06-2014
Interview........
02-06-2014
Passport Req..
21-03-2013, Passport Sent after Re-Med. on:11-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 21July'2014, Passport @door on 26July'14
LANDED..........
Going to Land on 22Sept'14 to celebrate my 2nd Mrg.Anniversary wid my Love
mani04 said:
hello guys....a big OMG from my side.....i got a call from embassy to collect the passport....and today my ecas shows in process....a big thanks to myrah and all forum members for their support and advice.... :) :D :p
Congrats dear...

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
primoo said:
It's more disheartening to fail the interview as the appeal takes another year to process.

At which time, the decision is made to transfer the file to another officer and same old *censored word*...different year... Please do not fail the interview guys... take time off work if you have to....
Agreed

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Had Hearing 08/16/2016 waiting for the decision/ appeal allowed Nov 1st 2016
How many applicants from may 2013 who r still w8ng to hear sumthng from NDVO.
I know sum are scheduled for interview but I dnt know what z taking so long in my
case for NDVO to decide sumthing . O god plz let me give one chance to say a big one
OMG.

srkarthik

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 16th 2013 / Received on Dec 18 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 23th 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 27th 2014 (SA Approval)
Passport Req..
we didnt get, however we sent (risky)
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 20th 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 5th 2014
Hi All,
Found this info in another tread.
just sharing this info as this helps to know where we stand and watz next.
good luck everyone

thanks to the person who took effort to give this info.

I found this on the São Paulo thread: (The person didnt state where they got it from so I can't assure you this is 100% reliable)

Background Check is bisecting in two:

1. Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our spousal sponsorships being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, Genuineness of relationship ,Adaptability, Qualitative, Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate docs etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny by any means and ask for an Interview.

2. Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted or received to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; in terms of, Political, Socio-Economical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc.
This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, CBSA, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen (including Law Enforcement services), Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain targeted countries, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Results: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. Sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds
-Ecas: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

The Insight of the Process :

Stage-1: Mississauga: Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to Miss-ON> Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: VO stage onwards: Received Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File in Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+ Genuineness > Issue of 2nd AOR(sometimes) > Background Check > request of Additional docs(if any) > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Add. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR> Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Ecas is not a good tool to check your application level but it can shades some light if updated in time.

amar.reddy09

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 04 2013
AOR Received.
July 30 2013
File Transfer...
July 30 2013
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
Sep 11 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet ( IP March 21 2014) and got visa on April 03 2014 :)
LANDED..........
Waiting for my wife
visu007 said:
Thanks! I dont know what time it changed. But I just check about an hour ago like I always do in the morning once I get to work and it was changed.
Congrats :) could you please update wen ur file changed to IP ?

Thank you

Amar

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013 ; remeds 14 may 2014
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
submitted without a request may 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
jaycee4sweet said:
How many applicants from may 2013 who r still w8ng to hear sumthng from NDVO.
I know sum are scheduled for interview but I dnt know what z taking so long in my
case for NDVO to decide sumthing . O god plz let me give one chance to say a big one
OMG.
i know from the notes that interview is required but NDVO is still waiting for all the stars to be aligned to send me a notice....they were sitting on my file until Feb 2014 doing nothing and then they decide that interview is required.....if you had ordered notes and found that interview is waived then it is a good thing...

sicilian85

Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2013
AOR Received.
August 20th, 2013
File Transfer...
August 29th, 2013
Med's Done....
July 17th, 2013
Passport Req..
September 13th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: April 26th, DM: May 8th
hi am there said:
hi guys, POSTING THIS AGAIN SINCE I DIDNT GET ANY REPLY

i need ur advice.. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
i received my passport request on 24th jan 2014, during this time my passport was with another country,s embassy office for my work visa processing..i wrote regarding this in detail to the visa office and requested for a PPR (passport request) at the end stage of the process. at this time i sent my CSQ and copy of RPRF receipt..
now i received my passport bak with work visa. Now i am planning to send my passport to delhi visa office along with latest communication details,chat history, call history etc. do u think this will make any problem since i am sending this without their second PPR?
do u think they will mis place my passport or throw the latest communication documents?
( i am not planning to travel abroad for the work visa which i received)
plz post ur valuable advice
So many applicants missed PPR requests (PPR email sitting in junk/spam) and sent passport after 4 or 5 months. So you can send your passport now and it will not cause any issues. But why are you sending chat or call history now, did you not submit them along with your application ??

Send you passport along with your PPR email. That will be fine :)

Good Luck :)