+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2013 APPLICANTS.

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
I a a Canadian citizen and I'm sponsoring my wife to come to Canada from India. I have written all the answers and detailed write ups/essay for her in Part 2 of the application package. Does that effect the application in any way or should she have done everything herself? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

bachansoo

Feb 12, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Dec. 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Mar. 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 14, 2013 (In process); May 29, 2013 (DM)
msingh2013 said:
I a a Canadian citizen and I'm sponsoring my wife to come to Canada from India. I have written all the answers and detailed write ups/essay for her in Part 2 of the application package. Does that effect the application in any way or should she have done everything herself? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm in the same position and that's what I did, but I've already sent off my application. I guess I'll wait and see, unless someone has any other input on this.

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
msingh2013 said:
Well that shouldn't be a problem as long as your wife is aware of those details and has reviewed it with you. In case of an Interview ("God Forbid") she needs to be comfortable answering everything written on her behalf. Also, for the content - make sure to that it "appears" as your wife's perspective and not yours. I did that and understand its a little bit of hard work. Good luck for your app !

sudy007

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
GulzarND said:
Hi Civiliii,

I think you should not waste time to file the PR Application for your wife and kids. More delay in applying means the more delay in processing due to the queue will keep on increasing.

The chance of getting Visit Visa for your wife and kids will be just 2% because what I have learnt from the seniors members here is that they refuse 98% Visit Visa for the family and ask to file the PR application instead.

It is not necessary that the PR application will take 12 months in total. First of all, the applicants are getting stage 1 approval in 21 days not two months and lastly for many applicants the second stage has been completed in four to five months. Every case is unique and the time taken for processing differs from case to case.

In the end, I suggest you to apply for PR application for your family instead of wasting time in other things. Who knows the processing time will increase in future by the time you think to apply.

All the BEST.

Gulzar !!!
i agree with gulzar. I am in the same situation. Wanted to sponsor wife n kids but since it was going to take too long, i wanted them to visit me during their vacations, so applied for the visitor visa, which got rejected. I did not know the reject rate is 98 %, otherwise would not have applied for visitor visa and lost that money.
I sent the papers in Oct 2012 and delhi office has asked for the passports in December 2012. Checked with them, and they confirmed receipt of passport. Now waiting to hear from them. Heard it is going to take about 6-10 months before the file will even be looked at. Meanwhile kids will be getting vacation in april-may-june and was planning on going on a trip overseas, but passports are at chc in delhi. Hope the PR is processed soon.

@ gulzar... any idea if you know of a similiar case, wherein passports were requested and how long it took for them to process and send it back. Will we be called for an interview, or since passports have been requested, does it mean that there is not going to be any interview, they will just stamp the visas and send it back ?

information1234

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
So so many thanks sir,can u tell me when I attach the police report and medical report which application should I attach plz let me know

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
information1234 said:
So so many thanks sir,can u tell me when I attach the police report and medical report which application should I attach plz let me know
I dont know what you mean by attach PCC and medical report?
Print the check list
sort the applications/proof based on check list
put together in an envelope and send all ( applications , fee receipt , medicals , pcc , all other proof of you and applicants , photos, everything else) to CPC-M.

Hope that helps.

Namachii

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys!
My timeline is here:
Medicals done: 28 Jan
Appication sent: 01 Feb
Sponsorship approval: 26 Feb
PPR: 16 Mar
Passport sent: 17 Mar

I see that some folks who have applied after my date at New Delhi VO have their medical status updated (medicals received).
In my case, when I check online (using the client ID for both sponsort & the applicant) it just says 'Application Received' and the medical status is not yet updated.
How can i make sure if the medical report I have sent to New Delhi wasn't misplaced or not properly received?
I checked with the panel physician where my wife had done the medicals and they verified that they have sent all the medicals till date.
I'm concerned and not interested in hearing that ND VO has lost my medicals after 6 months and then I have to wait for 3 extra months for the medicals to be sent again. I aprpeciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks! And goodluck to everyone!
Namachii

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
hm82 said:
Well that shouldn't be a problem as long as your wife is aware of those details and has reviewed it with you. In case of an Interview ("God Forbid") she needs to be comfortable answering everything written on her behalf. Also, for the content - make sure to that it "appears" as your wife's perspective and not yours. I did that and understand its a little bit of hard work. Good luck for your app !
Thanks for the input bud! Will take your suggestion and use it.

Rahul_eni

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
File Transfer...
16-02-13
Passport Req..
18-04-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-13
hm82 said:
Phone calls, Skype, doing activities together online, pictures and more ...
Do visit India if your job permits [ I go every 2 months :) ] OR invite her on a tourist visa (if you can build a case, too risky for us) ..
It's an emotionally hard phase .. just rough it out. Know that there are many going through the same and its just a matter of time !
Thanks bud... wish i can take off once in 2 months.....
Inviting her on a tourist visa is a b**** .....
There is no risk factor involved just wont work in 99% of the cases...
Cheers

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
information1234 said:
Refer the below threads, some members have provided information on how they organized their files along with photos. Hope it helps.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t92449.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t137319.0.html

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
sudy007 said:
i agree with gulzar. I am in the same situation. Wanted to sponsor wife n kids but since it was going to take too long, i wanted them to visit me during their vacations, so applied for the visitor visa, which got rejected. I did not know the reject rate is 98 %, otherwise would not have applied for visitor visa and lost that money.
I sent the papers in Oct 2012 and delhi office has asked for the passports in December 2012. Checked with them, and they confirmed receipt of passport. Now waiting to hear from them. Heard it is going to take about 6-10 months before the file will even be looked at. Meanwhile kids will be getting vacation in april-may-june and was planning on going on a trip overseas, but passports are at chc in delhi. Hope the PR is processed soon.

@ gulzar... any idea if you know of a similiar case, wherein passports were requested and how long it took for them to process and send it back. Will we be called for an interview, or since passports have been requested, does it mean that there is not going to be any interview, they will just stamp the visas and send it back ?
There are members with your timeline. Please refer to the below thread and spreadsheet, you will get an idea. If you share your timeline i will add you to the spreadsheet.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2012-applicants-t109821.0.html

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ArH8forkPk_AdDQ2cG9lNXlCc0hkTUYzazV4dHZwekE

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
msingh2013 said:
I filled all the details on the application and gave a copy of that papers to my spouse to study and know what I wrote.As long as she knows what you have written it should be fine..Tell your wife to read those details now and then till the out come of the PR application..good luck

yoosufalipp

Mar 20, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2011
LANDED..........
08-06-2011
Namachii said:
Hey Guys!
My timeline is here:
Medicals done: 28 Jan
Appication sent: 01 Feb
Sponsorship approval: 26 Feb
PPR: 16 Mar
Passport sent: 17 Mar

I see that some folks who have applied after my date at New Delhi VO have their medical status updated (medicals received).
In my case, when I check online (using the client ID for both sponsort & the applicant) it just says 'Application Received' and the medical status is not yet updated.
How can i make sure if the medical report I have sent to New Delhi wasn't misplaced or not properly received?
I checked with the panel physician where my wife had done the medicals and they verified that they have sent all the medicals till date.
I'm concerned and not interested in hearing that ND VO has lost my medicals after 6 months and then I have to wait for 3 extra months for the medicals to be sent again. I aprpeciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks! And goodluck to everyone!
Namachii
Dont depend only Ecas. It sometimes shows wrong information. In my case it showed medical has been received before I submitting my medicals. Dont worry, your medicals will be there, better ignore it. If you are more concern about it, you can send email them in this regard but only after six month of processing. If you contact them before, processing will be delayed. Always try to avoid unnecessary inquiries.

never_alone

Mar 7, 2013
@GulzarND

This is my timeline so far, anyone have any guesses of when she might get her request?

Hey Guys!
My timeline is here:
Medicals done: 06 April
Appication sent: 06 March
Sponsorship approval: 03 April
PPR: N/A
Passport sent: N/A