Passport Req..
29/05/2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP since November 1st, 2013 DM 12/01/2014
LANDED..........
Waiting for passport now
Myrah7 said:
when my hubby did mp he didn't need my sign ...his was more than enough
ah ok good to know...but what about when you were submitting it all the applications? Did you fill up the rep form? I remember I did not as I thought if you were using a lawyer or someone you wanted to followup then you need the rep form?

anupam

Oct 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A (Spousal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/04/2013
Doc's Request.
18/04/2013
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
15/05/2013
Interview........
Dont know yet
Passport Req..
29/05/2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Waiting for passport now
youtube101 said:
I know I am May 30th applicant but I need a miracle to happen. The relationship is getting strained because of all of this.

Thanks,
That is so true....all the ristadaars are bloody making stories....this is really pathetic where the cic basically is working against us to have more divorces because of that

anupam

Oct 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A (Spousal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/04/2013
Doc's Request.
18/04/2013
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
15/05/2013
Interview........
Dont know yet
Passport Req..
29/05/2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Waiting for passport now
tarang said:
Don't worry anupam, I am also 18 arril applicant and my status shows appl received and medical received only.

WE WILL BE GETTING SOON.
oh so you are in the same boat...someone with the same date of application

PW87

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Baroda, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anupam said:
oh so you are in the same boat...someone with the same date of application
You guys are April Applicant, dont worry you will received good news this week or early next week for sure. :)

sajuabraham24

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
25-01-2013
File Transfer...
13-02-2013
Med's Done....
17-11-2012
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
Hello all,

I should have sent this note a while ago, but have been so caught up the last 2-3 weeks.

Well finally we have good news at our end. I received my wife's PR visa on Nov 11, and I went to NDVO personally to receive it. I had to go to Delhi because I needed to get 'facilitation visas' for my three young daughters as well - as their case is slightly different. Since I am a Canadian citzen, my children have the right to Canadian citizenship and therefore I had to apply for their citizenship certificates (rather than sponsor them as permanent residents) which I did earlier this year, but that takes more time to process. In the meantime for them to come to Canada, we were told that they could be issued 'faciliation visas' as soon as my wife's PR got approved so they could come to Canada with us.

But we got an unexpected call from NDVO on Nov 4th stating that my wife's PR was ready - BUT she needed to land in Canada before Nov 20th (the date her medicals expired). I was in panic mode initially because we could not travel without the children and we needed to get their facilitaion visas done in less than 10 days! I was very doubtful whether this was possible. Luckily, a visa officer in NDVO helped us right from the beginning - he told us on call that he would make all the arrangements for the childrens visas in advance, and that I just needed to give a date when I could be at NDVO in person, submit their visa applications in the morning and receive all the passports the same day in the evening. Nov 11th was that day and everything went much smoother than I thought. And this officer was very helpful - so yes there are good people in NDVO too. :) I flew into India on Nov 10th, and brought my wife and my daughters back into Canada on Nov 18th, 2 days before the cutoff date.

Many thanks to all the people in the forum who helped with your advice and suggestions. Just a few points worth mentioning:

1. Apply for GCMS notes if you do not get a PPR in 1-2 months once your file has been transferred to NDVO. GCMS notes are very helpful and will not delay the processing of your file. Through the notes I got to know that we somehow missed the PPR, and also that my wife needed another PCC from UAE, which allowed us to act fast on those points. In fact I got my 3rd GCMS notes today (applied on Nov 3rdg, which reminded me to post in this forum.

2. The validity of the visa is tied to your medicals - you must land in Canada before your medicals expire. There was some talk in this forum that medicals could be extended for 3 months, but I do not think that is the case. If your medicals expire before your visa is issued, you need to redo the medicals and send it again.

3. Lastly, for those who are still waiting patiently, just hang on. A guiding principle for our family was 'This too will pass'. It's so incredibily difficult to be seperated from your families so long, and the wait is painful, sometimes unbearable which was the case for us too. But once those times pass, it's like a fresh lease of life and all the struggles you've gone through just vanish! So just hang in there and make the most of the each day as you have it.

Some final statistics on our case:

Total time for processing end-to-end: 10 months
Sponsor approval (Jan 4 - Feb 13): 1.5 months
'Application Received' to 'In Process' (Feb 13 - Aug 7): 5.5 months
In Process to Decision Made (Aug 7 - Nov 4): 3 months

Best wishes!!!

Anishka

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
File Transfer...
24-01-2013
Med's Done....
11-12-2012
Interview........
Jan 22nd 2014
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
LANDED..........
24-04-2014
youtube101 said:
I know I am May 30th applicant but I need a miracle to happen. The relationship is getting strained because of all of this.

Thanks,
I completely know how you feel... Be strong...

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
sajuabraham24 said:
Hello all,

I should have sent this note a while ago, but have been so caught up the last 2-3 weeks.

Well finally we have good news at our end. I received my wife's PR visa on Nov 11, and I went to NDVO personally to receive it. I had to go to Delhi because I needed to get 'facilitation visas' for my three young daughters as well - as their case is slightly different. Since I am a Canadian citzen, my children have the right to Canadian citizenship and therefore I had to apply for their citizenship certificates (rather than sponsor them as permanent residents) which I did earlier this year, but that takes more time to process. In the meantime for them to come to Canada, we were told that they could be issued 'faciliation visas' as soon as my wife's PR got approved so they could come to Canada with us.

But we got an unexpected call from NDVO on Nov 4th stating that my wife's PR was ready - BUT she needed to land in Canada before Nov 20th (the date her medicals expired). I was in panic mode initially because we could not travel without the children and we needed to get their facilitaion visas done in less than 10 days! I was very doubtful whether this was possible. Luckily, a visa officer in NDVO helped us right from the beginning - he told us on call that he would make all the arrangements for the childrens visas in advance, and that I just needed to give a date when I could be at NDVO in person, submit their visa applications in the morning and receive all the passports the same day in the evening. Nov 11th was that day and everything went much smoother than I thought. And this officer was very helpful - so yes there are good people in NDVO too. :) I flew into India on Nov 10th, and brought my wife and my daughters back into Canada on Nov 18th, 2 days before the cutoff date.

Many thanks to all the people in the forum who helped with your advice and suggestions. Just a few points worth mentioning:

1. Apply for GCMS notes if you do not get a PPR in 1-2 months once your file has been transferred to NDVO. GCMS notes are very helpful and will not delay the processing of your file. Through the notes I got to know that we somehow missed the PPR, and also that my wife needed another PCC from UAE, which allowed us to act fast on those points. In fact I got my 3rd GCMS notes today (applied on Nov 3rdg, which reminded me to post in this forum.

2. The validity of the visa is tied to your medicals - you must land in Canada before your medicals expire. There was some talk in this forum that medicals could be extended for 3 months, but I do not think that is the case. If your medicals expire before your visa is issued, you need to redo the medicals and send it again.

3. Lastly, for those who are still waiting patiently, just hang on. A guiding principle for our family was 'This too will pass'. It's so incredibily difficult to be seperated from your families so long, and the wait is painful, sometimes unbearable which was the case for us too. But once those times pass, it's like a fresh lease of life and all the struggles you've gone through just vanish! So just hang in there and make the most of the each day as you have it.

Best wishes!!!
Many many Congratulations!! Very happy for you!
I am glad everything worked out for you and your family and that you have all landed safely in Canada.
It was really nice of the NDVO officer who was helpful from the start.
Thank you for also sharing those helpful pointers with us.
All the best to you and your family and take care! :D :D :D

whenllvisacome

Aug 27, 2013
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/13
File Transfer...
13/06/13
Med's Done....
19/3/13
Passport Req..
24/06/13 and sent 03/7/13
youtube101 said:

Thanks,
hello dear...... dont worry, same situation here in my life........ god bless of we all of us..

Mahi_Milaa_De

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
PW87 said:
Yeah, my file was transfered on July 3rd, month after i sent the application to Missassauga. Strange part is NDVO replied my MP that they received my file on July 15th. That NDVO lady must be smoking pot. Funny thing is, same person responded back as this was my second MP inquiry.
Hi
Where abt do u live in Toronto.? I live near finch and Weston...........

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
sajuabraham24 said:
As sajuabraham is saying above, it is very correct. "Tough times don't last, tough people do" is my personal mantra and it is very true. These times might be terrible and make you feel miserable. Plus, it has been straining on a few relationships as posted by some of us previously. But we should only become stronger mentally and emotionally to over come the situation we are facing currently.

We are all going through tough times right now with the separation from our spouses for months and still counting. But I think that it will pass and we will all have our visas soon and be together. This is just one hurdle and it is testing our endurance in hard times. Just imagine for a moment that if we can get past this on our own without our spouse, we can get past anything with our spouse being with us. So this is the time to be as supportive to one another as possible, not argue with each other to strain the relationships with each other.

There are far worse scenarios than the one we are currently living in. Think about all the families that are torn apart because of job placements countries apart after years of being together. These people are missing out on their children's birthdays, graduations, awards ceremonies, promotions, anniversaries and many more milestones. Then there are Diwali, Holi, Eid, Christmas, and many other festivals being missed. Some husbands are away from their wife's side throughout her pregnancy and can't make it for the delivery. Some elderly parents are taking their last breaths and their children aren't allowed to take time of from work or don't have the financial means to fly to be by their parent's side. Think about the families torn apart by tragedies.

These important moments won't come back. But with us, we are just starting out with our married lives and we can have many of these moments in the future. And we can make many more memories and push these times to the back of our minds.
Every cloud has a silver lining. Our silver lining right now is the PR approval and being with our spouses and WE will get it soon. So please stop feeling miserable and apologize to each other if you have to. Just smile and have faith. Good news is definitely on its way, but it has to be unpredictable, just like life. Or we would miss out on the learning experiences as well as the fun and joy of life.

Sure, we will all have these negative moments on and off until we get what our hearts desire. But don't let it affect those around us and don't spoil your relationships. Life and relationships are precious and have to be handled delicately and with love.

Good luck to everyone and hope we get lots of IPs and DMs before the year ends. :)
I am sure it's coming, as NDVO has been far too silent right now.

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Feb 12 DM: Apr 15
sajuabraham24 said:
Hello all,

Best wishes!!!
Wow thats so long story about your processing. Finally you have got your wife PR visa approval. You are lucky to have a kind officer to do it for you before your medical was going to expire. Congratulations!!! Thanks so much for sharing your story in this forum. Good luck to you and your family in the future. May you guys live a happy married life! :)

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013 ; remeds 14 may 2014
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
submitted without a request may 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
Desi-girl said:
There are far worse scenarios than the one we are currently living in. Think about all the families that are torn apart because of job placements countries apart after years of being together. These people are missing out on their children's birthdays, graduations, awards ceremonies, promotions, anniversaries and many more milestones. Then there are Diwali, Holi, Eid, Christmas, and many other festivals being missed. Some husbands are away from their wife's side throughout her pregnancy and can't make it for the delivery. Some elderly parents are taking their last breaths and their children aren't allowed to take time of from work or don't have the financial means to fly to be by their parent's side. Think about the families torn apart by tragedies.
well said Desi-girl...I would like to add that there are people who applied in early 2012 still waiting for their visas and people who applied in Jan 2013 still waiting for interview date. So, keep your hopes alive and you will get your turn to write 'OMG's.

Desi-girl if you keep writing serious stuff then I can't write silly stuff anymore and no one will be reading them even if I write...so once in a while be serious but if you keep it up then I will have to write to Myrah asking her to do something about this before she leaves for Canada to shove snow off in front of her house...

Anishka

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
File Transfer...
24-01-2013
Med's Done....
11-12-2012
Interview........
Jan 22nd 2014
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
LANDED..........
24-04-2014
Desi-girl said:
As sajuabraham is saying above, it is very correct. "Tough times don't last, tough people do" is my personal mantra and it is very true. These times might be terrible and make you feel miserable. Plus, it has been straining on a few relationships as posted by some of us previously. But we should only become stronger mentally and emotionally to over come the situation we are facing currently.

We are all going through tough times right now with the separation from our spouses for months and still counting. But I think that it will pass and we will all have our visas soon and be together. This is just one hurdle and it is testing our endurance in hard times. Just imagine for a moment that if we can get past this on our own without our spouse, we can get past anything with our spouse being with us. So this is the time to be as supportive to one another as possible, not argue with each other to strain the relationships with each other.

These important moments won't come back. But with us, we are just starting out with our married lives and we can have many of these moments in the future. And we can make many more memories and push these times to the back of our minds.
Every cloud has a silver lining. Our silver lining right now is the PR approval and being with our spouses and WE will get it soon. So please stop feeling miserable and apologize to each other if you have to. Just smile and have faith. Good news is definitely on its way, but it has to be unpredictable, just like life. Or we would miss out on the learning experiences as well as the fun and joy of life.

Sure, we will all have these negative moments on and off until we get what our hearts desire. But don't let it affect those around us and don't spoil your relationships. Life and relationships are precious and have to be handled delicately and with love.

Good luck to everyone and hope we get lots of IPs and DMs before the year ends. :)
I am sure it's coming, as NDVO has been far too silent right now.
Wow! This is inspiring! Thanks for this post!

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
waiting 2 exhale said:
well said Desi-girl...I would like to add that there are people who applied in early 2012 still waiting for their visas and people who applied in Jan 2013 still waiting for interview date. So, keep your hopes alive and you will get your turn to write 'OMG's.

Desi-girl if you keep writing serious stuff then I can't write silly stuff anymore and no one will be reading them even if I write...so once in a while be serious but if you keep it up then I will have to write to Myrah asking her to do something about this before she leaves for Canada to shove snow off in front of her house...
:eek:
Waiting2exhale! Nahiiiii!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ( filmi style 8))
Don't tell Myrah ...No need to worry Myrah! I will shut up my seriousness!! :-X :-X
Let's let her be. She is busy preparing for her hubby's visit and must also be busy packing and re-packing right now. ;D

I know I know..
I can't even make a joke at gun point... Well maybe sometimes... ;)
But I usually fail at it :D LOL

That's why you are important on this forum to bring the smile on our faces and make us ROFL :D and you are really great at that :). Keep doing what you do...I leave the joking and the NDVO to you.

I think if we are getting frustrated, we should just take it out on the source of our worries, the NDVO officers ;)
They wouldn't even know what hit them and we would be free from all the pent up rage..

And if the NDVO doesn't do it's job properly, let's go take them on. We can make them beg for mercy and promise to work faster. I can make them bang their head after giving them headaches with my seriousness :-\. You can get them by making them laugh so hard, they can't get up off the floors :p . And anyone who survives, Myrah can slap them if she wants to so they look like :-[. The rest of us forum members can use whatever they like for their imaginations 8) ;D
Bring on the batons, pitchforks, stink bombs, laxatives, whoopee cushions, plastic insects.... Any other ideas?
:p :p :p :p ;D ;D

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Anishka said:
Wow! This is inspiring! Thanks for this post!
Your welcome :)
Sorry about going on a rant there.. I was having one of my speech making moments..lol
But I am glad you find it inspiring :D :D

Good luck with your processing :)
Hope you get your PR soon.