Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
thnks RGP and Thomas...i hope as you ppl saying it is like that only...

hkbasi

Star Member
Apr 17, 2012
quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2012
AOR Received.
8-06-2012
File Transfer...
8-06-2012
Med's Done....
med jan
Interview........
22-august-2012 by phone
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 sep 2012
LANDED..........
19 sep 2012
hi puneet
congrats
me too i asked mp to do the inquriy he already email to new delhi visa office on tuesday still waiting for response once again congrats

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
congrats for PPR thomas. Use Bluedart which will take 1 day to deliver.

Use the below address to send the Passport.

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110 021
India

thomas_saint said:
Hi,

I got a message from my Lawyer yesterday, that he has received an email for PPR....

What is the exact ND VO address to send the Passport .. how long does DHL takes to deliver the PP's to ND VO?

any better courier service providers than DHL?

Best wishes to all who are waiting for their Approvals , PPR's & DM's... will pray for you all...

manorite

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
AOR Received.
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
20-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2012
O-Zone said:
I really applaud your patience! You have been here cheering everyone and working on that spreadsheet while waiting for the darn PPR. I truly hope when you get the PPR, your case should fly by ND VO like a breeze!

On my end, nothing after the PPR but its only been 9 days, I am trying to just bury myself at work so I don't overthink and get stressed. My wife has enrolled in some extra curricular classes (IT, cooking etc). to pass time and keep busy. This forum has been really good, not just to share information but also to vent frustration...!!

Goodluck to everyone. I am off to sleep. The week is not out yet, so you (Manorite and SB might get it)..keep those fingers crossed as always.. :)
Thanks O-Zone for encouragement !!! I hope so too.... But for now, I hope my PPR comes soon... I hope its not lost in transit....
I am also trying to keep myself busy at work so that I don't think abt it..... Good idea about joining extra curricular activity.... I will ask my wife to do same too... its hard for her to wait....

Lets hope there is some good news with 1 day left for the week... !!!

manorite

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
AOR Received.
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
20-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2012
aviatorsteve said:
Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forum, I have been checking out the posts here for a few weeks and just wanted to say thanks to everyone for sharing their journey here.

Manorite Thanks for your hard work in creating the spreadsheet and maintaining it, it is a great way to get some insight into what is happening at CIC :)
You are welcome aviatorsteve ..... it just helps everyone to estimate their timeline

hkbasi

Star Member
Apr 17, 2012
quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2012
AOR Received.
8-06-2012
File Transfer...
8-06-2012
Med's Done....
med jan
Interview........
22-august-2012 by phone
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 sep 2012
LANDED..........
19 sep 2012
hi puneet
by the way where will u land in canada . and where are u from india

roam

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amira_mais said:
Yes but keep in mind a few things:
- as a PR, you have to remain in Canada while you do the sponsorship. May seem obvious but sometimes people overlook this.
- even though you can select Delhi or the US as the visa office, CIC will make the final decision on where to send it (most likely Delhi).
- whichever office is chosen, the passport will have to be sent there. The whole sending the Indian passport overseas thing is a big headache unless you have someone to take it over there for you, and bring it back. Or maybe your wife will be able/ready to give up her job and go to India to submit the passport.
- if there's an interview, it will also be at the visa office. So if your passport is already submitted there, you'll have to get it back in order to travel to India.

So plan carefully and best of luck. Good news is there are many experienced people on this forum and you should get lots of advice.

Thank Yoiu for the reply.

I have a couple of questions ....regarding the application process.
If my spouse is in USA and in her application form what should be her residential address and mailing address (India or USA) am asking this as she is currently in USA with an L1 visa and for less than one month till date.
If the application is sent to VO in Delhi, can she send send the passpost by mail as she cannot leave her job in USA until she gets her PR
how long does it take usually after the passport request to get it stamped.

Can some one please answer my questions. Thanks.

indocan

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
July 06, 2012<br>ND VO rec'd it..: July 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 30, 2012
Does anybody know normally how long the visa is good for? I remember when I got my PR some years ago it used to be for 6 months to enter Canada and get it stamped. Is that the case with spousal PR too?

Z

Zearus

indocan said:
Does anybody know normally how long the visa is good for? I remember when I got my PR some years ago it used to be for 6 months to enter Canada and get it stamped. Is that the case with spousal PR too?
it depends on the date of medical done ....for example , if medical is done in feb 2012 then the visa will be vaild till feb 2013

in ur case, it will be vaild till Jan 25th 2013 .... your spouse have to land before this date ....

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roam said:
I have a couple of questions ....regarding the application process.
If my spouse is in USA and in her application form what should be her residential address and mailing address (India or USA) am asking this as she is currently in USA with an L1 visa and for less than one month till date.
If the application is sent to VO in Delhi, can she send send the passpost by mail as she cannot leave her job in USA until she gets her PR
how long does it take usually after the passport request to get it stamped.

Can some one please answer my questions. Thanks.
Since she's currently working and living in the US, then put her US address on the forms for residential and mailing purposes, especially if she's going to be there for a while. How long is her visa for?

If the application is sent to Delhi, she CAN'T mail her passport across international borders. It's illegal. Since she can't give up her job, she'll have to find a trusted friend to personally carry it into India and then mail it to Delhi domestically, and then do the reverse process when it's returned by the office.

The time from passport request to visa issuance and return mailing varies a lot. Take a look at the spreadsheet for this forum. The wait could be a couple of months if you're lucky but there's really no way to tell. Example: one of the people who applied just before me got her passport back in one month, mine took two months, others are taking longer.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lalatata said:
Well I am going to wait till Monday now! lets see till then.

You know its just very tempting to walk to my MP office as its opposite my home and I get to see it every time i do grocery and what not.. Its like I know I can just walk in and ASK to find out .. WHAT IS GOING ON LOL but then I stop and say may be some other time! Its almost like I just wanna go to the MP cause its always in front of my eyes..
Hey, what's stopping you?! Sorry to hear you're still waiting for the full and final end to the process. If the passport doesn't show up soon, it wouldn't hurt to put in a query with the MP.

calgaryjatt

May 26, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
hkbasi said:
hi puneet
congrats
me too i asked mp to do the inquriy he already email to new delhi visa office on tuesday still waiting for response once again congrats
Who is MP? How to contact him? I am from Calgary Alberta and if i need to contact MP, where do i go. Sorry guys i am new here.

aussiankk

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 March 2012
File Transfer...
26 June 2012
Med's Done....
15 March 2012
Passport Req..
21st Sept 2012 by Phone. Passport received at ND on 25th Sept and "in process" from 20 Sept. Address change on 18 October
VISA ISSUED...
22 October 2012
LANDED..........
26 October 2012
calgaryjatt said:
Who is MP? How to contact him? I am from Calgary Alberta and if i need to contact MP, where do i go. Sorry guys i am new here.
You can find out the MP at following link, just enter your postal code
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Call MP office and ask them about the status update on your application

kanika.382

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Feb 2012
AOR Received.
25th May 2012
File Transfer...
25th May 2012
Med's Done....
22th Dec 2011
Passport Req..
18th June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12th Aug Decision Made and Received on 17th Aug 2012
hkbasi said:
hi puneet
congrats
I too got PP request on 18th june but no response till date...plz share the response received from MP @ @ @

indocan

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
July 06, 2012<br>ND VO rec'd it..: July 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 30, 2012
Zearus said:
it depends on the date of medical done ....for example , if medical is done in feb 2012 then the visa will be vaild till feb 2013

in ur case, it will be vaild till Jan 25th 2013 .... your spouse have to land before this date ....
Thanks.