May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
indocan said:
You are not kidding right? :) I think it has been 7 business days since your ecas said DM on your application. I doubt that they will courier or mail out a passport on the same day it said DM. Who knows what the process is... but if I were you I would allow some more time for the PP to arrive. In my opinion 14 days (2 business weeks) is a good wait even before starting to worry about it... especially given the current situation in India with the blackouts and everything there is big possibility of delayed mail delivery.

I know going to MP is a great way to get any further info on the application status, etc but i personally think it looses it's real value when it isn't used for the right reason.
I am debating to either send an EMAIL or contact the MP - either way all i want to know is if the pp was dispatched (when) or not..

IndoCan, we have not contacted CIC ND for anything and have never visited MP for anything either. See the thing is, usually CIC takes about 3-5 days to get the passport, most folks have got the passports back.. Given all these issues in India and the fact that there might be a possibility of no body being at home when they came and the fact that IT is the PASSPORT.. Its becomes more relevant to be a little worried.

Re-contacting the MP loosing its value.. well we have not contacted MP or ND at all so I guess if there is ever a need, it is now.. However giving CIC 15 days to send back the passport is not the problem.. I am sure its going to arrive but the fact that its taking longer then expected and other folks have got the passport back already makes me wonder whats going on.

If I can find out when the passport was dispatched, then I know when to expect the passports back.. other thing is if the passport was not delivered ( as no body was home ) they send the passport back to ND high commission and ND keeps the passport with them for 30 days (hoping the person will contact them asking for the PP) if it goes unclaimed they cancel the VISA and send the passport to the passport office in new delhi as lost passport..

given all these things, I think contacting the MP only to find out when it was dispatched ( if at all) - will at least give me an idea of whats going on.

Plus the fact that any services in India like postal services just makes me nervous... ( wonder why ? :-X)

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
By Bluedart. Seems to be the best one to send with in India.Make sure to get the tracking number from them.
Canada enquiry said:
thx. How did u send ur post? Is this by Indian post/speed post? I want to know the best way.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am currently a Canadian PR since Nov 2011, I am planning to get married in Nov 2012 in India, my spouse is currently on a work visa in usa and we are getting married in India and she be returning back to USA until she gets her Canadian PR.

How do I start my Process is it from Canada or India or USA?
Will the PR 2nd stage application go to India or USA , I am worried as she is currently in USA and processing time is more in states compared to India.
Are there any tips before getting married that can speed up my process as I will be visiting India for marriage only 2 weeks.
author=lalatata link=topic=109821.msg1651373#msg1651373 date=1343836434]
Pick New Delhi for the VISA office, do your medicals in India. Get PCC from India and USA.
Yes but keep in mind a few things:
- as a PR, you have to remain in Canada while you do the sponsorship. May seem obvious but sometimes people overlook this.
- even though you can select Delhi or the US as the visa office, CIC will make the final decision on where to send it (most likely Delhi).
- whichever office is chosen, the passport will have to be sent there. The whole sending the Indian passport overseas thing is a big headache unless you have someone to take it over there for you, and bring it back. Or maybe your wife will be able/ready to give up her job and go to India to submit the passport.
- if there's an interview, it will also be at the visa office. So if your passport is already submitted there, you'll have to get it back in order to travel to India.

So plan carefully and best of luck. Good news is there are many experienced people on this forum and you should get lots of advice.

indocan

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
July 06, 2012<br>ND VO rec'd it..: July 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 30, 2012
lalatata said:
I am debating to either send an EMAIL or contact the MP - either way all i want to know is if the pp was dispatched (when) or not..

IndoCan, we have not contacted CIC ND for anything and have never visited MP for anything either. See the thing is, usually CIC takes about 3-5 days to get the passport, most folks have got the passports back.. Given all these issues in India and the fact that there might be a possibility of no body being at home when they came and the fact that IT is the PASSPORT.. Its becomes more relevant to be a little worried.

Plus the fact that any services in India like postal services just makes me nervous... ( wonder why ? :-X)
I hear you... It is sad that there is no acknowledgement of any sort from CIC which leaves everyone clueless - Oh well! Good to know about the 30 day rule and the visa cancellation. My wife is waiting for her PP too... Let's hope all goes well for everyone. Cheers.

bluewater

Jul 2, 2012
lalatata said:
MP Contact ND directly. ND is required to reply back to the MP within 5 business days! That is what they are instructed to do. If you MP says .. still waiting and its been more then 5 days then please remind MP of the same and ask for an update. MP do the enquiry ( usually its the assistant on MP's behalf) who sends out the inquiry. If it has been more then 5 days , please REMIND them!

MP cant put pressure on CIC however it is part of the formal process to that the ND CHC NEEDS to reply back to the MP within this time frame(5 days)

MP dont make things happen.. but they are supposed to intervene when needed ( in ur case - yes needed - its been over 8 months now - or almost 8 months) and you need to get an update.

Please go visit the MP office and speak to the assistant of the same!

We have not got back the passport yet! I am thinking of going to my MP today !
lalatata are you refering to your MP in Canada right?

bluewater

Jul 2, 2012
Hello,

Someone told me that status in ecas changes to "In process" after they verify the relationship between sponsor and sponsored person. I am wondering in case someone is sponsoring the dependent child how they are going to verify the relationship. We have submitted the Birth certificate (which includes both the names of the parents) and also passport also has the same thing and then some photograph of the baby with her mother (who is also PR) is it enough?

Thanks

Arjun3

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2012
Canada enquiry said:
Hi my wife has received pp request email from New Delhi. thx guys for your continuous help.
Congrats!!!

What is the "From" email address of that PPR email from ND?

Subaru

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-APR-2012
AOR Received.
10-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
10-JUL-2012
Med's Done....
10-MAR-2012
Passport Req..
24-JUL-2012/ ND VO Received PP on 26-JUL-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Was Expecting 10-SEP-2012 , issued on Sept 11, 2012 :-)
LANDED..........
28-SEP-2012
Canada enquiry said:
thx. How did u send ur post? Is this by Indian post/speed post? I want to know the best way.
I used Bluedart...they deliver next day!

bluewater

Jul 2, 2012
Hi,

I am waiting the PPR request. I am sponsoring a dependent child ( 1 year old), and since child at such young age cannot have an email I gave my email. Now this was the same email that was used by me for sponsoring. Will it create a problem or doubt in visa officers mind? I mean I gave this email address because my baby cannot have separate email being so young and besides all family members could have same email address.

I am worried please advise.

indocan

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Arjun3 said:
Congrats!!!

What is the "From" email address of that PPR email from ND?
re-delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

indocan

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
bluewater said:
Hi,

I am waiting the PPR request. I am sponsoring a dependent child ( 1 year old), and since child at such young age cannot have an email I gave my email. Now this was the same email that was used by me for sponsoring. Will it create a problem or doubt in visa officers mind? I mean I gave this email address because my baby cannot have separate email being so young and besides all family members could have same email address.

I am worried please advise.
I don't think it is an issue that you need to worry about. You should be fine.

calgaryjatt

May 26, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
indocan said:
I hear you... It is sad that there is no acknowledgement of any sort from CIC which leaves everyone clueless - Oh well! Good to know about the 30 day rule and the visa cancellation. My wife is waiting for her PP too... Let's hope all goes well for everyone. Cheers.
WHAT IS THE 30 DAY RULE AND vISA cANCELLATION?

indocan

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
calgaryjatt said:
WHAT IS THE 30 DAY RULE AND vISA cANCELLATION?
Read up on lalatata's comments in reply to mine... ON PAGE 81

123Puneet

Jun 21, 2012
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
File Transfer...
27-05-2012
Med's Done....
mid december
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-8-2012
LANDED..........
4-09-2012
Hi Hkbassi..
My wife got reply from MP today, he said ND is doing background checks and they will issue visa before august 14. MP also attached Doctor note of my wife's due date which is 1st week of sept. Bit relieved ...I will update you if i get any more information.

and congrats to all who got PPR, approvals and DM's...

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
bluewater said:
lalatata are you refering to your MP in Canada right?
YES. It will ALWAYS be the CANADIAN MP.