Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
My wife received Visa and Passport today. Very happy to share this news with you guys. Thanks to everybody who helped on the forum. Your suggestions and advice was invaluable and extremely helpful. It would have been way harder without being on this forum. I would like to share my detailed timeline once again:

Application filed: February 02, 2012
Sponsorship Approval: May 07, 2012
File Transfer to ND: May 07, 2012
Passport Request: May 25, 2012
E-CAS changed to In Process: June 04, 2012
Decision Made: July 09, 2012
E-CAS address updated to Canada: July 11, 2012
Passport + Visa received: July 14, 2012

Other details:

PCC Done: January 13, 2012
Medicals Done: January 16, 2012
Interview waived.

Hopefully, these dates can help some people here roughly estimate their future timeline. I think our case was pretty straightforward. Wife had no previous travel history. We had a typical Indian wedding and submitted all proofs.

I wish everybody good luck who is waiting to be re-united with their spouse in Canada. I hope your applications are processed quickly and without any unnecessary delays.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions and I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Z

Zearus

nakash said:
My wife received Visa and Passport today. Very happy to share this news with you guys. Thanks to everybody who helped on the forum. Your suggestions and advice was invaluable and extremely helpful. It would have been way harder without being on this forum. I would like to share my detailed timeline once again:
Congratulation ...

Have a great life in Canada :D

ashkhullar

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
26-04-2012(by e-mail)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012 by mail, sent 17.05.2012,received by ND on 18th may ,(in process on 13th june 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 27-07-12
LANDED..........
in canada since 7th August 2012
nakash said:

Other details:

Interview waived.

Hopefully, these dates can help some people here roughly estimate their future timeline. I think our case was pretty straightforward. Wife had no previous travel history. We had a typical Indian wedding and submitted all proofs.

I wish everybody good luck who is waiting to be re-united with their spouse in Canada. I hope your applications are processed quickly and without any unnecessary delays.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions and I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.
conrats nakesh to u & ur wife :D :D :D :D

sumitd

Apr 16, 2012
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-30-2012/ PP received on the 7th of September
LANDED..........
September 21-2012
nakash said:

Other details:

Interview waived.

Congrats Naksh..enjoy the time ahead...

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
This is great .. You got your visa in less than 50 days from your passport request. Wonderful & Congratulations nakash!!!
nakash said:

Other details:

Interview waived.

indocan

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
July 06, 2012<br>ND VO rec'd it..: July 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 30, 2012
nakash said:
Congratulaions, Nakash!!! All the very best with your future in Canada.

nakash

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
jpbs said:
Nakash would like to share my case please reply if u can :-

hi, my wife apply for me outland spouse sponsor visa she is original pr from india(main applicant) got PR in india in 2009 and stays in canada from last 2 and 1/2 yrs. for both of us it is second marriage her 1st husband(dependant visa) got expired in india 2 years back. and i am divorcee from india divorce in dec. 2011. she is also indian but went to canada in 2010 with her daughter after her 1st husband death, we both meet online from matrimonial website marriage portal www.shaadi.com , i was in india and she was in canada she has 10 yrs daughter from 1st marriage, i know and we both dont have problem too daughter also travelled with her in india for marriage, but will it affect our visa case. can u suggest will this kind of case gets PR visa.

i had never travlled to canada before , but before our marriage i and my mom in feb 2012 apply for visitor visa, wants to get surprised got rejected, wants to give her surprise. i had travel few asian countries and uk for business purpose for few days, between 2005 and 2007

her(wife) age is 33 and mine(husband) is 32, we both meet online in jan 2012 and informed our parents did proper hindu wedding in india in presents of her and my parents and family friends and relative in march 2012 and than honeymoon celebrated mine birthday party in april 2012 with friends and family too.she returned to canada after month staying together till april 2012 and with all photos , bills , forms, wedding cards, divorce degree, etc etc.she is working in canada.
i miss them both , am still waiting for stage 1, applied on 9 may, 2012.

can u help is this case straightforward or complicated. can i get sponsor spouse visa or not
Hi jbps,

It sounds like a straightforward case for the most part. If your stay in other countries was less than 6 months each, then you don't have to get Police certificate from those countries. As far as divorce and second marriages go, I don't think they care much about that. You already sent all the proofs of relationship, so that's good. Worst case scenario, they might call you for an interview, but other than that, I don't see anything bad in this application, if you are documents are all accurate and complete.

thomas_saint

Jun 15, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2012
LANDED..........
Destination Toronto.. will be flying this month end..
nakash said:

Other details:

Interview waived.

Hi Nakash,

congrats and thanks for your wishes...

I have one question on the marriage certificate..

My wife is a PR and all her family members got settled in Canada..

Our marriage was a typical Roman catholic wedding and we received our marriage certificate from the parish priest with witnesses name and both our parents name on it, to be precise a typical catholic church marriage certificate ( extract from the book of marriages in the church )

Both her father and mother came down to India with her to attend the wedding and all our family members attended our wedding ceremony and blessed our wedding... I have submitted all the wedding ceremony photos and also the reception photos while filing..

The question I have is, we submitted only the church marriage certificate with the supporting ceremony photos as a proof of our wedding...
is that certificate enough ? will that be considered as a marriage certificate or will the CIC ask for any other documents to prove our marriage
We have also given our outing photos, phone bills, photos we took during our family outings...

please share thoughts...

O-Zone

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Aurora
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-06-2012
File Transfer...
03-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-01-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-07-2012 - In process Sept 3 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 5 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 27 2012
Hi guys,

Can we check the application status for sponsored spouse before receiving the PPR? or we have to wait for the file no. that accompanies the PPR in order to do it?

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
You get your filenumber with your sponsorship approval. So, you can start checking your sponsored spouse application status on ECAS rightaway.

O-Zone said:
Hi guys,

Can we check the application status for sponsored spouse before receiving the PPR? or we have to wait for the file no. that accompanies the PPR in order to do it?

jpbs

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
nakash said:
Hi jbps,

It sounds like a straightforward case for the most part. If your stay in other countries was less than 6 months each, then you don't have to get Police certificate from those countries. As far as divorce and second marriages go, I don't think they care much about that. You already sent all the proofs of relationship, so that's good. Worst case scenario, they might call you for an interview, but other than that, I don't see anything bad in this application, if you are documents are all accurate and complete.
Thank u nakash for your good wishes and help it really gave great support and boost to us. i had never stayed more than 1 months to any countries all were business visa and nothing else. all business trip and all documents and application filled by lawyer in canada. maximum we hadf given all to them . god bless us soon too.

Jennychen1401

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
27-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-07-2012 (Sent to ND on 17-07-2012; VO Received on 18-07-2012); In Process on 6-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Hope Soooon
Hi thomas_saint

My husband is Candian Citizen and he is a protestant. I am a Roman Catholic.

WE had done the marriage course together in Sept 2011 when he visited me in india; and then
we got the church marriage done in Jan 2012 when he visited again with his parents.
We did get our church marriage certificate and submitted it.

BUT we also got our legal registration marriage done on the same day at the reception venue
and got our marriage certificate for that as well.

So we submitted both our marriage certificates.

If you see the document checklist and guides it clearly states the requiremnt for a Marriage Certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages.

So our understanding of the questions in the form IMM5490E (Sponsered Spouse / Partner Questionaire) - there is the religious aspect of
the marriage also; but they would also need the Marriage Certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages.

Hope this helps.

By the way what is your time line - as yr profile doesnt mention anything.

All the best..!!

thomas_saint said:
Hi Nakash,

Our marriage was a typical Roman catholic wedding and we received our marriage certificate from the parish priest with witnesses name and both our parents name on it, to be precise a typical catholic church marriage certificate ( extract from the book of marriages in the church )

Both her father and mother came down to India with her to attend the wedding and all our family members attended our wedding ceremony and blessed our wedding... I have submitted all the wedding ceremony photos and also the reception photos while filing..

The question I have is, we submitted only the church marriage certificate with the supporting ceremony photos as a proof of our wedding...
is that certificate enough ? will that be considered as a marriage certificate or will the CIC ask for any other documents to prove our marriage
We have also given our outing photos, phone bills, photos we took during our family outings...

please share thoughts...

nakash

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
thomas_saint said:
Hi Nakash,

please share thoughts...
I am not sure about this. I will leave this up to the experts on here to answer .... @ lalatata ?

pinder123

May 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
03-09-2012
AOR Received.
26/06/2012
File Transfer...
26/06/2012
Med's Done....
10-02-2012
Interview........
29-10-2012
Passport Req..
13-07-2012
Congrats Nakash:) Really happy for both of you....
I can't wait to share such good news....