+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some help to check if employer is scam

pretty_mom

Sep 20, 2011
Hi i need more infos about the application for TWP for Quebec. My husband received a job offer through an Agency here in Singapore. But I'm still doubt with the employer. What should be processing goes, is it LMO first then application for CAQ (certificate of acceptance quebec) or vise versa? Can somebody help me also to verify if the employer is legal. The job offer will be Fish packer at Cruz Sea Foods & Guesthouse. Can someone help me please before we will pay a bigger amount, we already paid $250 for application fee of CAQ, how long weeks or months this usually goes, they told us they expect 3-7 days, then after they will apply for temporary work permit as they need to deploy him by oct 10 as much as possible. Hoping for responses, thanks. God bless.. ;)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
No expert but it is probably a scam. Did the agency issue a receipt?

Follow the links:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/fraud-notice.html
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/obtaining-authorizations/index.html

pretty_mom said:
Hi i need more infos about the application for TWP for Quebec. My husband received a job offer through an Agency here in Singapore. But I'm still doubt with the employer. What should be processing goes, is it LMO first then application for CAQ (certificate of acceptance quebec) or vise versa? Can somebody help me also to verify if the employer is legal. The job offer will be Fish packer at Cruz Sea Foods & Guesthouse. Can someone help me please before we will pay a bigger amount, we already paid $250 for application fee of CAQ, how long weeks or months this usually goes, they told us they expect 3-7 days, then after they will apply for temporary work permit as they need to deploy him by oct 10 as much as possible. Hoping for responses, thanks. God bless.. ;)

pretty_mom

Sep 20, 2011
Thanks for the response, Yes the agency here issued as receipt as payment for application for Canada job, i checked the Agency its registered & licensed. They have a counter partner Agency also in Canada which this agency deals with the employer. My husband signed the application for Certificate of Acceptance and have signed contract signed by the employer. Actually i've contacted the employer on the phone and he confirmed that everything is legal, I'm only doubt because i cannot locate the address on google, he told me that they have not registered their site on google, but it was scheduled this end of the month to be registered. More infos please, or is there somebody i can contact with to check the legality of the company. Thanks a lot.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's a scam. Look at the Cruz Sea Foods web site. On the home page they mention they're located in Quebec. On another page they mention the West Coast and BC (i.e. opposite side of Canada). They've simple copied and pasted text from real web sites to make their web site look real. There are many other indications on the web site that point to a scam (fake postal code, missing photos, etc.) This is definitely a scam. Please don't give them any more money.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh - and the reason you can't find this address in google isn't because they haven't registered the site with google yet (this is a complete lie). The reason why you can't find the address is that the postal code is fake - meaning that it does not have the right number of letters and numbers to be a Canadian postal code. A real Canadian postal code ends with number - letter - number. Theirs ends with number - letter - letter. They have included a fake postal code because if they provided a real one, people would be able to use the street view feature in Google map to figure out that no such store / employer exists. Again, scam.

pretty_mom

Sep 20, 2011
Thanks Scylla.. Is there any email address or any site I can report for this case? God bless..

I just realized that even in a progressive country there are more 'Mangagantso' - Swindler/Scammer :mad: who are victimizing people that only dreams to have a better life to give with their love ones.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - it's horrible that people are victimized this way.

Unfortunately there's really no place to report these companies.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I am assuming you're in the Philippines so file complaints with proper authorities - NBI, POEA (I am not sure, but there are avenues you can explore so these unscrupulous people stop victimizing unwary people).

pretty_mom said:
Thanks Scylla.. Is there any email address or any site I can report for this case? God bless..

I just realized that even in a progressive country there are more 'Mangagantso' - Swindler/Scammer :mad: who are victimizing people that only dreams to have a better life to give with their love ones.

pretty_mom

Sep 20, 2011
Hi Job Seeker,

Nope I' m here in Singapore, I'm dealing with an employment agency here but so far they are registered in Ministry of Manpower. And this agency has a counter partner agent in Canada. So frustrating that dreams will turn to disappointments.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yup, they are everywhere, sad to say feeding on people's dreams for better future, but the moment an agency started charging be wary unless you know of somebody specifically who has been helped by the agency. Why not do the job search yourself, thru the web. Even if you send thousands of application, you never know when you'll strike oil or gold. Would you mind sharing the name of the agency?

pretty_mom said:
Hi Job Seeker,

Nope I' m here in Singapore, I'm dealing with an employment agency here but so far they are registered in Ministry of Manpower. And this agency has a counter partner agent in Canada. So frustrating that dreams will turn to disappointments.

pretty_mom

Sep 20, 2011
Actually the job offer is for my husband, its Signature Employment Services Pte Ltd, the counter agency in Canada is Global Jobs Consultancy Inc. Im so suspicious actually because after searching the tel # with google resulting to list of companies which have stories of fraud.

Mr. Mack Davies
Managing Director
Global Jobs Consultancy inc.
901 Victoria Square,
Montreal,
Quebec H2Z 1R1
Canada.
Phone:+1 418 907 8409
Fax: 418 907 8409
Email:info@globaljobsconsultancy.com
globaljobsconsultancy@yahoo.com
globaljobsconsultancy001@gmail.com
www.globaljobsconsultancy.com

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
pretty_mom said:
Actually the job offer is for my husband, its Signature Employment Services Pte Ltd, the counter agency in Canada is Global Jobs Consultancy Inc. Im so suspicious actually because after searching the tel # with google resulting to list of companies which have stories of fraud.

Mr. Mack Davies
Managing Director
Global Jobs Consultancy inc.
901 Victoria Square,
Montreal,
Quebec H2Z 1R1
Canada.
Phone:+1 418 907 8409
Fax: 418 907 8409
Email:info @ globaljobsconsultancy.com
globaljobsconsultancy @ yahoo.com
globaljobsconsultancy001 @ gmail.com
www.globaljobsconsultancy.com
If someone is asking money in exchange for a job or work permit - assume it's a scam and the job/job offer is fake. In other words, if it sounds too good to be true - it probably is.

There are many many scam consultants out there. Rather than working through a consultant, I would suggest your husband apply to real companies directly. He can find job openings in Canada on sites such as monster.ca.

Good luck.

soulkeeper

Nov 17, 2011
Im a victim of a close friend from Canada too..I paid her 3500 dollar and she provided me wth fictitious LMO and contract. She seldom talk to me after she received my full payment for the job she offered.I know Ca is not under Phil Jurisdiction Law..will filling a complaint directly to POLO Ontario will help? She receiving disability pension now from Ca government since shes a resident there,im thinking of giving the copy of complaint too in the Social Disability Office in Ontario hoping they will review her case and revoke the pension.Please let me know the best thing i can do..im really broke here :(

JeanRobin

Dec 6, 2011
i need some help...i applied as a farmer in a Cathy Ranch & Farms Quebec as i've found on internet and they approved me & send me confirmation offer sheet signed together with their CAQ forms to be filled up by their Quebec agency counterpart name windmillimmigration, now how can I be sure if this is legal and not a FRAUD...i am here in Saudi Arabia....thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
JeanRobin said:
i need some help...i applied as a farmer in a Cathy Ranch & Farms Quebec as i've found on internet and they approved me & send me confirmation offer sheet signed together with their CAQ forms to be filled up by their Quebec agency counterpart name windmillimmigration, now how can I be sure if this is legal and not a FRAUD...i am here in Saudi Arabia....thank you
Are they asking you to pay any money? If so, how much?