+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need all possible help and advice in reporting a bogus refugee claim by my distant relative...

Righteoussoul

Apr 25, 2021
Hello everyone

One of my distant relatives arrived on TRV in Jan 2021. He has filed a fake refugee claim and got his work permit. He's even on social assistance and worked illegally on cash at the start.

I reported this to immigration fraud and gave every possible information I had about him.

I left it once I launched complaints, but seems like he's inviting more of my relatives to follow the same approach to stay in Canada.

He's instigating others to follow illegal method of immigrating, which I'm against.

How do I report this fraud activity, so he gets noticed by the IRB/ even RCMP quick enough to be acted upon?

Btw he's here on the claims that he's a gay... he's from India.

Seniors members/legal experts --- Advice plz... I'm all ears!!

Thanks in advance
RS

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Did you gave him an invitation letter and other documents for his visa application?
Is there any link with you and your distance relative on his visa application or his refugee claim?

Righteoussoul

Apr 25, 2021
I haven't provided the letter of invitation nor any docs for his visa application. He hasn't mentioned my name anywhere for his refugee claims.
Long story short : we However, the issue is him instigating others in my family who wants an invitation from me.
It's all so deeply entangled that we fight over invitation letters and sending them docs like my PR# and address for them yo apply for a TRV.
He's simply misguiding others and causing more trouble for everyone. He's here on refugee social assistance and get some covid relief funds, that he's sending back home. This is why others want to come here to take advantage of Canada's benevolent system.
I'm enraged at this shortcuts that they're tryin to take just to be here!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I haven't provided the letter of invitation nor any docs for his visa application. He hasn't mentioned my name anywhere for his refugee claims.
Long story short : we However, the issue is him instigating others in my family who wants an invitation from me.
It's all so deeply entangled that we fight over invitation letters and sending them docs like my PR# and address for them yo apply for a TRV.
He's simply misguiding others and causing more trouble for everyone. He's here on refugee social assistance and get some covid relief funds, that he's sending back home. This is why others want to come here to take advantage of Canada's benevolent system.
I'm enraged at this shortcuts that they're tryin to take just to be here!
Would suggest contacting CBSA with your list of relatives (citizenship, city where the live and DOB helps) who may be fraudulently using your name and PR card# to seek a TRV. You can also report your concerns that one relative is encouraging family members to apply for TRVs to claim asylum although you are unaware of any reason why they would qualify for asylum. Claiming you are LGBTQ+ is tough to disprove because many are closeted in their country. Being gay from India doesn't give you automatic asylum. If you have proof that he is trying to mislead the government about his need for asylum I would keep on sending in information. Sometimes it takes a while.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/report-fraud.html

Reactions: Buletruck

Righteoussoul

Apr 25, 2021
Thank you for the reply Canuck. Yes, I have given all possible information about the relative that already claimed asylum. I collated all evidences to fax them over... so I talked to guys in CBSA about refugee fraud. Do you recommend also emailing the client support Centre or even contact the RCMP in this matter. Sorry I just noticed I had a typo... he entered Canada in 2020. I had complained verbally over the phone back in Nov, and they said it might take them about 3 months to get to the person. So I left it there, but it's been almost 6 months now and he's encouraging other youngsters in the family to do so now! I donno if RCMP will even heed to if I complaint. There's a lot of rift in the family due to this too.

Orahman

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
I dont support immigration fraud or anyone trying to take advantage of the system but how does this affect your own life. I guess you guys has a big family fued going on behind the scene. because the way and manner you are reporting this your distant relative to the whole world seems weird.

You have reported to the cbsa. Leave them to do their job. They will not just take action based on your own accusations. They will do their proper investigation. So relax and face your own life. U seems so bitter about this.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you for the reply Canuck. Yes, I have given all possible information about the relative that already claimed asylum. I collated all evidences to fax them over... so I talked to guys in CBSA about refugee fraud. Do you recommend also emailing the client support Centre or even contact the RCMP in this matter. Sorry I just noticed I had a typo... he entered Canada in 2020. I had complained verbally over the phone back in Nov, and they said it might take them about 3 months to get to the person. So I left it there, but it's been almost 6 months now and he's encouraging other youngsters in the family to do so now! I donno if RCMP will even heed to if I complaint. There's a lot of rift in the family due to this too.
If he has passed his eligibility interview awaiting hearing, you can forward credible information to IRCC/CBSA proving that he is not conventional refugee and his claim is fraudulent. Pretty sure Minister will intervene against any positive decision... However, as he is entitled to be heard legally, and if he is aware of your submission, he may counter argue. Provided your evidence is credible, then Minister will intervene. Forward written information and all evidence in writing, just to make sure it will be worked upon after speaking with an agent

Reactions: Righteoussoul

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would only be contact them again if you have further information. If you have other relatives who are applying for TRVs on false pretenses to claim asylum when their lives aren't in danger then I would contact CBSA with their names, city/country of origin and DOB if possible. You can only do so much it is up to CBSA and IRCC to decide if they have sufficient evidence or concerns to do anything. Getting asylum from India is already pretty hard.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I dont support immigration fraud or anyone trying to take advantage of the system but how does this affect your own life. I guess you guys has a big family fued going on behind the scene. because the way and manner you are reporting this your distant relative to the whole world seems weird.

You have reported to the cbsa. Leave them to do their job. They will not just take action based on your own accusations. They will do their proper investigation. So relax and face your own life. U seems so bitter about this.
Nobody wants to look like they've been involved with family members committing fraud. When you've worked hard and followed the rules to immigrate or have needed safety from persecution it is obviously frustrating to hear people trying to take advantage of the system. Asylum request processing is easily 10K+ so it does have a cost plus all access to service or benefits. Most people go on to file appeals, H&C so costs add up quickly. Would add for people who are actually trying to get to Canada because they are gay and could be killed it must be frustrating watching others lie about their sexuality Obviously don't know if that is actually the case for this individual but it sounds like they have openly said they aren't gay which may or may not be true.vCanada only processes a certain amount of asylum claims per year so for every fraudulent claim a true asylum seeker could be receiving protection.

aliready

Jun 15, 2020

IMO maybe someone needs to investigate CBSA to see if they are doing any investigations at all on their snitch lines from the tips they receive

Within the last couple of years there has been many employees in various other businesses that have been found to not be doing their jobs after an investigation had been launched.

How else does someone that comes as a student, and never attends classes for 7years not be caught
The snitch line has been given the person's date of birth, school, address, etc.

Person is working under the same SIN that was suppose to have expired with their expired study permit

The person has become over confident, and claims CBSA dont care, and wont do anything.

So what happens with these tips that the snitch line is given????

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IMO maybe someone needs to investigate CBSA to see if they are doing any investigations at all on their snitch lines from the tips they receive

Within the last couple of years there has been many employees in various other businesses that have been found to not be doing their jobs after an investigation had been launched.

How else does someone that comes as a student, and never attends classes for 7years not be caught
The snitch line has been given the person's date of birth, school, address, etc.

Person is working under the same SIN that was suppose to have expired with their expired study permit

The person has become over confident, and claims CBSA dont care, and wont do anything.

What province?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone

One of my distant relatives arrived on TRV in Jan 2021. He has filed a fake refugee claim and got his work permit. He's even on social assistance and worked illegally on cash at the start.

I reported this to immigration fraud and gave every possible information I had about him.

I left it once I launched complaints, but seems like he's inviting more of my relatives to follow the same approach to stay in Canada.

He's instigating others to follow illegal method of immigrating, which I'm against.

How do I report this fraud activity, so he gets noticed by the IRB/ even RCMP quick enough to be acted upon?

Btw he's here on the claims that he's a gay... he's from India.

Seniors members/legal experts --- Advice plz... I'm all ears!!

Thanks in advance
RS
Did you try this ?
Send an email to
IRCC.CitizenshipFraudTips-Fraudedecitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/report-fraud.html

I am not in Canada so I could only search online.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Report the business that is employing them without status. https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/programs/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/suspected-tax-cheating-in-canada-overview.html

Contact SIN office out of concern that SIN seems to have not been cancelled although it may have and he is not using it.

CBSA has to deal with a lot of people without status so they prioritize the most dangerous and the larger issues like consultants committing fraud, people trafficking and business getting into illegal schemes like cash in exchange for jobs. These cases take a very long time to gather evidence for so they can hopefully secure a conviction.

Righteoussoul

Apr 25, 2021
Would suggest contacting CBSA with your list of relatives (citizenship, city where the live and DOB helps) who may be fraudulently using your name and PR card# to seek a TRV. You can also report your concerns that one relative is encouraging family members to apply for TRVs to claim asylum although you are unaware of any reason why they would qualify for asylum. Claiming you are LGBTQ+ is tough to disprove because many are closeted in their country. Being gay from India doesn't give you automatic asylum. If you have proof that he is trying to mislead the government about his need for asylum I would keep on sending in information. Sometimes it takes a while.

Thanks Canuck, I have good (seemingly) evidences to prove his false claim. The document with all pictures that I created is pretty long to fax out, so working on that now.