+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need all possible help and advice in reporting a bogus refugee claim by my distant relative...

Righteoussoul

Apr 25, 2021
Report the business that is employing them without status. https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/programs/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/suspected-tax-cheating-in-canada-overview.html

Contact SIN office out of concern that SIN seems to have not been cancelled although it may have and he is not using it.

CBSA has to deal with a lot of people without status so they prioritize the most dangerous and the larger issues like consultants committing fraud, people trafficking and business getting into illegal schemes like cash in exchange for jobs. These cases take a very long time to gather evidence for so they can hopefully secure a conviction.
I reported the business that employed him, unfortunately he'd quit working in that place and doing some deliveries now. I don't have much information at this point now though...

I agree with them prioritizing cases, they even told me that they can keep a person in their radar only after gathering sufficient information and that it might take sometime (read: months) ... Since I'm providing them with some info, I hope they can track him for surveillance.

Righteoussoul

Apr 25, 2021
Nobody wants to look like they've been involved with family members committing fraud. When you've worked hard and followed the rules to immigrate or have needed safety from persecution it is obviously frustrating to hear people trying to take advantage of the system. Asylum request processing is easily 10K+ so it does have a cost plus all access to service or benefits. Most people go on to file appeals, H&C so costs add up quickly. Would add for people who are actually trying to get to Canada because they are gay and could be killed it must be frustrating watching others lie about their sexuality Obviously don't know if that is actually the case for this individual but it sounds like they have openly said they aren't gay which may or may not be true.vCanada only processes a certain amount of asylum claims per year so for every fraudulent claim a true asylum seeker could be receiving protection.
Exactly my thoughts too... People who come here legally and work their way up to establish themselves in a foreign land is no joke. Seems like not everyone will agree with reporting family members on immigration fraud.

Righteoussoul

Apr 25, 2021
If he has passed his eligibility interview awaiting hearing, you can forward credible information to IRCC/CBSA proving that he is not conventional refugee and his claim is fraudulent. Pretty sure Minister will intervene against any positive decision... However, as he is entitled to be heard legally, and if he is aware of your submission, he may counter argue. Provided your evidence is credible, then Minister will intervene. Forward written information and all evidence in writing, just to make sure it will be worked upon after speaking with an agent
Thanks Simba, I don't think he'd his hearing scheduled yet. I'm forwarding a written doc with all proofs that I've to accompany my report. Hopefully it gets looked into.

Righteoussoul

Apr 25, 2021
I dont support immigration fraud or anyone trying to take advantage of the system but how does this affect your own life. I guess you guys has a big family fued going on behind the scene. because the way and manner you are reporting this your distant relative to the whole world seems weird.

You have reported to the cbsa. Leave them to do their job. They will not just take action based on your own accusations. They will do their proper investigation. So relax and face your own life. U seems so bitter about this.
ORahman - I don't understand the conflicting statements you made here . You don't support the immigration fraud but asking me why am I so concerned with them not taking actions! I don't agree with your usage of 'accusations', it's supporting evidences that I've provided, and not mere venting out of jealousy as you think! i want to clarify this to you, before I even proceed to explain further.

Let me get this straight - Ain't bitter about this as you claim... I have a responsibility to report illegal immigration (I hope you know what an 'oath' implies when you get your citizenship in Canada). Also, yes we have arguments with family, coz I can't support someone who wants to be here taking advantage of Canada's benevolent system, just because it's easier to do it here than UK and or US or other countries.

I believe I can't make you understand how it's when the In-laws need demand to send out an invite letter... knowing all well their intentions and plans to follow the footsteps of another relative who just claimed asylum on his lies.

"because the way and manner you are reporting this your distant relative to the whole world seems weird" -- what do you mean by this?! Did you even read my post properly?. I haven't even spilled the beans nor reported in detail on what he is even doing out here, but you already feel that way! You totally sound like that person who will support and encourage people who are here illegally for your monetary gains.

I pay taxes and so are every one who's working legally. Imagine someone acquiring a TRV with the sole aim of entering Canada and claiming refugee, getting social assistance money intended for 'real' refugees, working on cash, not filing taxes (he came in 2020), abusing the CERB program... I guess you're fine with everything, but not everyone can have same level of tolerance as you.

His elder brothers were here in 2017 doing the same thing, earning cash while illegally working on a TRV. I didn't raise a complaint back then coz A) they were here for a sports event and I was told they're "exploring Canada", B) I didn't even know they worked, let alone where.

His mother is so proud of her sons earning money from Canada that she's indirectly encouraging others in the family to do the same. Mind you - most family members are into sports, so getting a TRV isn't harder. When this guy came in, he straight away claimed refugee status,. His family had a huge and lavish send-off /farewell party back in India, knowing they aren't going to see him for next few years (as he just turned 21 and won't get married anytime soon)!

This is well-planned right from the start and seems unethical on various levels. I can't even sleep if I fill out a CIC form with wrong information, fearing they might think I'm misrepresenting (ofs I make the corrections and let CIC know what happened with letter!).

This is such a staged and orchestrated fraud and you want me to keep mum on all the wrong doings, just WOW! I own properties here and I'm doing well coz I'm a skilled worker (IT). I pay taxes to support genuine and authentic refugees who have the dire need but not the illegal immigrants who just want to stay in Canada!!

fakerefrep

May 10, 2021
@Righteoussoul I got inspired by your message about civic duties as a Canadian. I know a similar family who came apparently from India and claimed refugee status. The initial case was denied but seems like RAD approved them as protected person. They claimed their lives were threatened in India but i know that was bogus. Previously I used to think the same way about why it would bother me but I think reading your post about helping genuine refugees changed my mind. What kind of proofs can someone submit for CBSA to investigate the fraudulent activity?

genyor

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
I am refugees and protected person two weeks age I applied for travel documents, but i had already one expaired before get pr now I applied one and I have pr i was expected it will be certificate identity because i got pr and as I heard in this forum if you got pr you are eligible for certificate identity, but Today I received travel document same the old one i had before
So no any differences if you have pr or no
Who have same situation.

aliready

Jun 15, 2020
What province?
ONTARIO
Report the business that is employing them without status. https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/programs/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/suspected-tax-cheating-in-canada-overview.html

Contact SIN office out of concern that SIN seems to have not been cancelled although it may have and he is not using it.

CBSA has to deal with a lot of people without status so they prioritize the most dangerous and the larger issues like consultants committing fraud, people trafficking and business getting into illegal schemes like cash in exchange for jobs. These cases take a very long time to gather evidence for so they can hopefully secure a conviction.
REPORT IT TO THE CBSA
Thank you all. I will do that.
I will update this forum.

Reactions: dankboi

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am refugees and protected person two weeks age I applied for travel documents, but i had already one expaired before get pr now I applied one and I have pr i was expected it will be certificate identity because i got pr and as I heard in this forum if you got pr you are eligible for certificate identity, but Today I received travel document same the old one i had before
So no any differences if you have pr or no
Who have same situation.
RTD is the same whether you are a PR or protected person. When you become a Canadian citizen you'll be able to travel using your Canadian passport and not an RTD.

feltaye

Dec 28, 2016
Thanks Simba, I don't think he'd his hearing scheduled yet. I'm forwarding a written doc with all proofs that I've to accompany my report. Hopefully it gets looked into.
Why do not you mind your business? You seem to be a sick person hating on people. You do not know if he is a gay or not, judge will know. You trying to destroy this person obviously out of hatred and jealousy since day one he came to Canada. You should see a doctor your situation is really bad.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why do not you mind your business? You seem to be a sick person hating on people. You do not know if he is a gay or not, judge will know. You trying to destroy this person obviously out of hatred and jealousy since day one he came to Canada. You should see a doctor your situation is really bad.
Nothing sick about wanting to make sure that the asylum process is limited to those who actually are being persecuted in their home country and fear for their lives and wanting to eliminate fraud from the process. It also sounds like OPs name is being used to invite visitors which OP has not consented to and could have implications on his ability to sponsor genuine visitors in the future.

aliready

Jun 15, 2020

Thanks
Service Canada said they cannot do anything becacuse its NOT FRAUD. As the person is using their own number,not someone else number.

I did fill out the Leads form for CRA(Canada Revenue Agency) about the person & the company.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks
Service Canada said they cannot do anything becacuse its NOT FRAUD. As the person is using their own number,not someone else number.

I did fill out the Leads form for CRA(Canada Revenue Agency) about the person & the company.
It isn’t fraud. You can report that a SIN number remains active when it shouldn’t be if you are sure status has expired.