+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Naturalization after visa overstaying.

2r1st

Jun 16, 2019
Greetings.
My mother is resident of Canada, lives with her husband, citizen of Canada.
I'm going to come there by guest visa and overstay, afterwards. To work and live in Canada as an illegal till mother gets citizenship. Then, I can get permanent residence.
The matter is, whether some trourbles for me getting naturalization being overstaying illegal?

Hope for your answer.

woyaodeshihulu

May 25, 2018
How old are you? You sound like you don't know family sponsorship at all. Your mother can't help you even if she becomes a citizen.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I'm 22. Mother is 55
Do you mean she can't help because I'm above 18?
There is no way that you can be sponsored for PR now. You are too old.
Therefore, there is absolutely no reason for you to come to Canada and overstay/work illegally.
Any illegal work in Canada does not count towards CEC / Express Entry either.

Last edited:

2r1st

Jun 16, 2019
Also, not a great idea to come onto a public forum and say you are going to overstay either.
this is a tremendous crime, dude. Canadian authorities will find out who is "2r1st" and throw me in a cell. Thanks for advice.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Greetings.
I'm going to come there by guest visa and overstay, afterwards. To work and live in Canada as an illegal till mother gets citizenship. Then, I can get permanent residence.
The matter is, whether some trourbles for me getting naturalization being overstaying illegal?

Hope for your answer.
HUH... Could you say that again but using the unscramble version.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Greetings.

Hope for your answer.
Your mother cannot get you permanent residency. You are too old. Your plan has no chance of succeeding.

If you wish to become a permanent resident of Canada, you will need to qualify and apply for permanent residency on your own through an economic immigration program like Express Entry based on your level of education, language abilities, work experience, available funds to settling in Canada and other factors. To qualify to apply, you cannot be in Canada illegally.

Your mother cannot help you.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Also, not a great idea to come onto a public forum and say you are going to overstay either.
Let’s not forget the let’s work illegally part .
I don’t think one needed to read it officially that a person shouldn’t stay illegally in a country and just for good measure , work illegally as well
If it was that easy there wouldn’t be any need for work authorizations etc etc etc

Reactions: russ6970

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Let’s not forget the let’s work illegally part .
I don’t think one needed to read it officially that a person shouldn’t stay illegally in a country and just for good measure , work illegally as well
If it was that easy there wouldn’t be any need for work authorizations etc etc etc
Just an immigration troll. People like this will not listen to reason or care about the legal process. This person will attempt to overstay and work illegally no matter what anyone tells them.

2r1st

Jun 16, 2019
I meant I've read on the official website that my mother can't sponsor me because of my age. I thought age is not important.
Of course I knew overstaying isn't illegal.
I wouldn't stay in Canada working as a damn laborer without hope I may get permanent resident once.

qwertypod, want to make impression you're sharp-witted guy, psychologist?
I'm wonder, based on what you've decided I'd try to break the law and try to overstay at all cost? I guess I have to be some bum or something like this.

Here is my profile on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/porkhunalexander
I would provide any documents if it needs. But I'm a troll, aye. And you're not. Could I look at your face in return?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I meant I've read on the official website that my mother can't sponsor me because of my age. I thought age is not important.
Of course I knew overstaying isn't illegal.
I wouldn't stay in Canada working as a damn laborer without hope I may get permanent resident.

qwertypod, want to make impression you're smart guy, psychologist?
I'm wonder, based on what you've decided I'd try to break the law and try to overstay at all cost? I guess I have to be some bum or something like this.
You say you know overstaying isn't illegal? Is that a typo and you mean to say you know it IS illegal?

The thing is, overstaying really won't lead to Permanent Residency even if your Mom becomes a citizen. The only way that you can get PR (and I'm sure you have considered this) if you happen to marry a Canadian citizen and they are willing to sponsor you. Even then, IRCC is extremely suspicious of relationships that begin this way and there are many cases of applicants being denied because IRCC believed that the marriage was only done for immigration purposes.

Also, if you get PR under false pretenses/misrepresentation, it most certainly is an impediment to future citizenship/PR card renewals. IRCC can (by law) even cancel your citizenship if they ever find out your came in fraudulently.

Living as an illegal alien isn't easy, as you point out. Not only will you not be able to find highly-skilled work, you also wont' get healthcare and will not be able to leave Canada to travel.

You're young, have you really looked at all your legal options for immigrating? I'm not castigating you, but if you post your full situation and profile we may be able to point out better options.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
qwertypod, want to make impression you're smart guy, psychologist?

I'm going to come there by guest visa and overstay, afterwards. To work and live in Canada as an illegal till mother gets citizenship.
Based on your own words. You've made it very clear that you will overstay and work illegally, bypassing Canadian immigration law. In any case, you've received your answer. Your mother cannot sponsor you. Look into other legal immigration streams.

2r1st

Jun 16, 2019
You say you know overstaying isn't illegal? Is that a typo and you mean to say you know it IS illegal?

The thing is, overstaying really won't lead to Permanent Residency even if your Mom becomes a citizen. The only way that you can get PR (and I'm sure you have considered this) if you happen to marry a Canadian citizen and they are willing to sponsor you. Even then, IRCC is extremely suspicious of relationships that begin this way and there are many cases of applicants being denied because IRCC believed that the marriage was only done for immigration purposes.

Also, if you get PR under false pretenses/misrepresentation, it most certainly is an impediment to future citizenship/PR card renewals. IRCC can (by law) even cancel your citizenship if they ever find out your came in fraudulently.

Living as an illegal alien isn't easy, as you point out. Not only will you not be able to find highly-skilled work, you also wont' get healthcare and will not be able to leave Canada to travel.

You're young, have you really looked at all your legal options for immigrating? I'm not castigating you, but if you post your full situation and profile we may be able to point out better options.
this is not a typo. This is my not high level of English :) Just confused.
Sure, I know overstaying is illegal

I'm not a skilled worker
Studying in Canada isn't appropriate for me because of money
I'm not a gay, refugee, or devout
I'm not a businessman
Something else?
Canada is closed for me, I guess.