+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi everyone,
I got a letter from CNO saying that my nursing education requirement does not meet the canadian nursing education for RN. CNO is directing me to give OSCE. I am a registered nurse from India and many of my aquaintences have failed in OSCE. I want to go for additional education straight away, Is it ok to go ahead with it? Also CNO identified competency gaps in my nursing education, how do I search for nursing courses based on that? I heard about the bridging course offered in York university, but will that bridging course meet the gaps specifically identified by CNO in my nursing education? How do I ensure that I took the right course? And also if I applied to Seneca college for the 4 yrs BScN degree, will they give me credts for my nursing education and cut short the course from 4 yrs to 2 yrs? Please can anyone in this forum guide me?
There is no way to search for nursing courses based on the competency gaps that CNO identified. CNO does not/will not endorse a course ahead of time to meet a specific competency gap, so, if you take a course thinking it will meet the requirements, you will then have to submit the course syllabus to CNO and have them review it AFTER you have already completed the course. This could potentially waste a lot of your time and money. The bridging course at York has very few spots and they are full for the next year. It is very difficult to get into it and I would recommend those who want to take that course might as well just sign up to do an entire BScN--the 4 years it takes to get a BScN is the same amount of time it would take to wait to get into the course and then complete it.

Each university/college is different but it is not likely that they will reduce your course by half. They might give you a few credits from your Indian BScN, but I doubt many.

I think you should attempt the OSCE. What have you got to lose? You can take lots of time to prepare, attend the orientation that is held by HealthForce Ontario (it's free) and even take one of the private training sessions if you want. Just because others didn't pass it doesn't mean you won't pass it. What if you study really hard, practice your clinical assessments a tonne, and pass the OSCE? Think of how much time you will have saved yourself in not having to go back to complete another degree! You might as well attempt it, and then worry about the rest if necessary afterwards. Good luck!

immigration1234

Jun 24, 2017
Hi everyone,
I got a letter from CNO saying that my nursing education requirement does not meet the canadian nursing education for RN. CNO is directing me to give OSCE. I am a registered nurse from India and many of my aquaintences have failed in OSCE. I want to go for additional education straight away, Is it ok to go ahead with it? Also CNO identified competency gaps in my nursing education, how do I search for nursing courses based on that? I heard about the bridging course offered in York university, but will that bridging course meet the gaps specifically identified by CNO in my nursing education? How do I ensure that I took the right course? And also if I applied to Seneca college for the 4 yrs BScN degree, will they give me credts for my nursing education and cut short the course from 4 yrs to 2 yrs? Please can anyone in this forum guide me?
HELLO,
Just want to know when u have received the letter from CNO?

Mli

Sep 24, 2017
There is no way to search for nursing courses based on the competency gaps that CNO identified. CNO does not/will not endorse a course ahead of time to meet a specific competency gap, so, if you take a course thinking it will meet the requirements, you will then have to submit the course syllabus to CNO and have them review it AFTER you have already completed the course. This could potentially waste a lot of your time and money. The bridging course at York has very few spots and they are full for the next year. It is very difficult to get into it and I would recommend those who want to take that course might as well just sign up to do an entire BScN--the 4 years it takes to get a BScN is the same amount of time it would take to wait to get into the course and then complete it.

Each university/college is different but it is not likely that they will reduce your course by half. They might give you a few credits from your Indian BScN, but I doubt many.

I think you should attempt the OSCE. What have you got to lose? You can take lots of time to prepare, attend the orientation that is held by HealthForce Ontario (it's free) and even take one of the private training sessions if you want. Just because others didn't pass it doesn't mean you won't pass it. What if you study really hard, practice your clinical assessments a tonne, and pass the OSCE? Think of how much time you will have saved yourself in not having to go back to complete another degree! You might as well attempt it, and then worry about the rest if necessary afterwards. Good luck!

Mli

Sep 24, 2017
Hi,
Thank you so very much for your valuable guidance. It means a lot to me. You are right. Its better to try my level best and give in my best shot for the exam rather than regret later that i didnt give it a try because of other peoples' failures. Thanks once again.

Reactions: RN_0001

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
hello all i am struggling with completing my competency assessment evaluation for rpn with cno. Is there anyone got a cas from cno recently? is there any ways you can give me some information to do my cas. thanks in advance.

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
Good suggestion. Quebec doesn't use NNAS so that is nice, but I'm not sure what they have in place of it.
I had began preliminary process with Quebec order of nurses but personally I think is more complex than the NNAS.
several steps are involved which begins with credential review by their own organization then an exam, then a clinical component to gain requesite Quebec experience. They don't use the nclex there they have their own exam.

One thing led to another (long story) and by the time my csq came through I had commenced the nnas process. It's much easier to get a permit from Quebec once licensed in another Canadian province.

So I am hoping to complete with carna then apply to Quebec for a permit. French of course is mandatory for full licensure UT at least your temporary permit can be renewed for up to three years to allow you time to learn the language and pass the exam.

Nevertheless the NNAS has been the worst experience I've had since commencing my immigration process. My status has been changed to ready for review three times and everytime exactly one week before the ten week period in which the report should be issued they will change my status back to awaiting documents.

Two weeks ago they said that the forms submitted by my university did not indicate the language of instruction and these forms were submitted since last October. They asked me to get a more detailed syllabus a few months ago, which I did. So why wait until so many more the later to say form is missing info. Really ridiculous.
It's as if they keep finding ways to delay the release of our reports.

I am sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
Reactions: jane22

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Its entirely my opinion . ..I see lot of people complain for long time NNAs takes to complete assessment. If all you just give 1 year provision to NNAS for assessment then I suppose many complain will go down .. lolx

Similarly, In order to get reply from CNO, provision 1 month to get reply by email & 2 hours to get an hello on phone . You will be able to curtail your frustration in return. For example, when I call CNO, my phone is on speaker, I give bath & feed child, change her pampers & by the time she is asleep after 2 - 3 hours CNO picks up my phone :)

immigration1234

Jun 24, 2017
Hi,
I received the letter on saturday, 23rd september 2017.
Thanks for ur reply..I am also an Indian educated nurse waiting for reply from CNO . Just want to know ur timeline. Can you pls tell me when u submitted all ur required documents to CNO? Are you in Canada now?

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
Its entirely my opinion . ..I see lot of people complain for long time NNAs takes to complete assessment. If all you just give 1 year provision to NNAS for assessment then I suppose many complain will go down .. lolx

Similarly, In order to get reply from CNO, provision 1 month to get reply by email & 2 hours to get an hello on phone . You will be able to curtail your frustration in return. For example, when I call CNO, my phone is on speaker, I give bath & feed child, change her pampers & by the time she is asleep after 2 - 3 hours CNO picks up my phone :)
:D:D:D:D:D:D
Too funny
Lol

Reactions: Legentellison

andy_J

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
16-04-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-06-2016

Go for LPN not RN, might you get chance to work in canada

bubie14

Sep 18, 2017
Hi. Im new to this thread. I know how hard it is to become a RN in CA. I have not started applying in NNAS though. But my biggest concern is i graduated my 4yr nursing course in Philippines last 2007. Worked for 3years as a nurse.. However, from 2011 to present Im not practicing as a nurse by profession as I worked in a different field. I still need to go through the NNAS review right? What are the possible outcome of my application? And what are the possible steps i need to go through.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi. Im new to this thread. I know how hard it is to become a RN in CA. I have not started applying in NNAS though. But my biggest concern is i graduated my 4yr nursing course in Philippines last 2007. Worked for 3years as a nurse.. However, from 2011 to present Im not practicing as a nurse by profession as I worked in a different field. I still need to go through the NNAS review right? What are the possible outcome of my application? And what are the possible steps i need to go through.
You will need to get a job as a nurse in Philippines and work as a nurse. If you do not have nursing work experience in the past 3 years (if applying to Ontario) or the last 5 years (if applying elsewhere in Canada) then you will have to get a nursing degree in Canada in order to be eligible for a license.