+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
NNAS does the assessment of the academics and any previous employment experience you have and provides a report which is then forwarded to the Canadian Body like CNO. The NNAS process is very long. It might take 2 weeks for a document to be reflected on their online portal after they receive it and 6-8 weeks for the office to evaluate after all the documents are received to see if it's authentic, and to check if it meets the requirement and standard. After which an advisory report is sent to inform you regarding the next steps.
You will be lucky if your report is complete in 6-8 weeks after all documents are received. Plan for the whole process to take at least one year.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
I was scooping through my email today and realized that I was sent a link to complete a survey. I had no recollection of this, can't even remember if I completed it.

I received it about a month after I submitted my application. That's last September. My file has been in process for more than a year.
Thanks so much for letting me know. I really appreciate it. When I finally got a response from NNAS they basically said their survey is sent out whenever and there is no consistency in who gets in and when (so it's not reliable or valid whatsoever). They said they have released all the information that they will release about the survey (so they are refusing to even say how many completed the survey, how many it was sent to, etc). And CNO says if we have complaints about NNAS we must take them up with NNAS. What a joke! They are allowed to lie in their Annual Report and the people who awarded them the contract to assess nursing educations don't care that they operate this way. The whole thing is a farce, I hate to say it but the deeper I look into things, the more embarrassed I am about how my country handles IENs.

In your case @orichy it looks like they sent it to you before you even had a chance to be dissatisfied. Nobody got the survey after their experience with NNAS was complete.

Last edited:
Reactions: helia and orichy

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
So i called the college yesterday and after waiting for about 2hrs i was told my education is still under review...and im like then what the hell is the job of NNAS then. Anyway, they also received my NCLEX pass and all other documents so i now guess its just the decision of sending me back to school, OSCE or give me the go ahead to register. I just want to know where i stand so i can prepare myself for whats to come...Fear of unknown#diagnosed
@canada11 is right, NNAS's job is to mint money. It was created by provincial licensing bodies so they can absolve themselves of responsibility over accurate assessments of nursing education and to keep "others" out. Since the assessments aren't even conducted by Canadians or by nurses, it's clear their goal was not assessment, but money. The NNAS office in Toronto is just a 'store front'. Really, it is an American business.

Reactions: helia

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Its like that for everyone...i tried all day last week and nothing, i emailed and nothing, i tried on monday and i got through after trying for 3hrs and then waiting on the call for 2...so dont worry you'll get a letter maybe a month or two after stating they got it and depending on your file they'll advise further
I would encourage everyone who is frustrated that CNO no longer answers phones or emails to call Minister of Health and Longterm Care's office. You will likely have to leave a message but I feel there is strength in numbers. Just simply state that you are calling to express concern that CNO is not fulfilling it's duties to nurses and the public by not answering phones or electronic inquiries. The number is 1-416-327-4300.

I have heard that there is a possibility that CNO will be given a government-appointed leader to oversee their operations until they can get their crap sorted out. They have lost the trust of the public with the Wettlaufer case.

Reactions: Legentellison

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
I would encourage everyone who is frustrated that CNO no longer answers phones or emails to call Minister of Health and Longterm Care's office. You will likely have to leave a message but I feel there is strength in numbers. Just simply state that you are calling to express concern that CNO is not fulfilling it's duties to nurses and the public by not answering phones or electronic inquiries. The number is 1-416-327-4300.

I have heard that there is a possibility that CNO will be given a government-appointed leader to oversee their operations until they can get their crap sorted out. They have lost the trust of the public with the Wettlaufer case.
I will indeed...this is crap pure crap

Reactions: RN_0001

happy1613

Feb 5, 2016
Currently the CNO is not answering phones. It's completely ridiculous that they are allowed to do this but it seems nobody really regulates or governs them. They have their phones on permanent "busy" and if it does ring, it will ring 40 times and then the operator will say "the customer is not available. Goodbye". I'm not sure how members are even supposed to contact them. Some things need to be done in person and not by filling out a web form and waiting for them to finally reply.
Hold for 2 hours, then you can reach them......

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Currently the CNO is not answering phones. It's completely ridiculous that they are allowed to do this but it seems nobody really regulates or governs them. They have their phones on permanent "busy" and if it does ring, it will ring 40 times and then the operator will say "the customer is not available. Goodbye". I'm not sure how members are even supposed to contact them. Some things need to be done in person and not by filling out a web form and waiting for them to finally reply.

CNO and Nurses of which we will be ourselves soon part of the team are self-regulated. They are updating their systems in order to catch-up with some of the available technology that the rest of the developed world have and so it is a great challenge for them to handle.

queenbeejam

Jul 25, 2017
does anyone here submmited Nursing Registration form from NNAS to HAAD (health authority abu dhabi)? Can you please help where exactly should i go to submit my forms. Thanks in advance

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
My cousin has completed her BSc.N from India about 6 years back and has more than 2 years experience. She is hoping to move to Canada. Could the experienced people here help me with the following:
1. Whats the fastest way to get to Canada - PR wise and as a student.
2. If student route, what would be the affordable colleges/universities and how long before she can start working as an RN.
3. Ontario is giving out nominations to candidates who has completed 1 year in a masters degree. Will taking a Masters in Nursing help in this regard.

I thank this forum for helping me get my PR ( i landed last month in Mississauga, ON)