+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My visitor VISA to Canada had been refused :(

nourdamas85

May 27, 2016
Dear all,

I have applied an application to visit my brother in Canada in summer, and all of my documents were completed, I am Syrian and I have a work in Saudi Arabia, and I have enough money to cover my travel and I have a current job. And all the reasons for refusing my application was really unconvincing

- immigration status in country of residence
- Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- Purpose of visit
- Current employment situation

and I have sent all of the documents that prove these reasons, can I send any objection to the Canadian Embassy to study my application again, and how ?? :( :( :(

please advise me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can reapply if you can provide stronger evidence in your application.

- How long was the trip you requested?
- What evidence did you provide to prove you are currently employed?
- What other evidence did you provide to show that you have ties to your country of residence?

nourdamas85

May 27, 2016
Thank you for your reply

I requested for about 50 days.
I sent a certificate of identification and my pay slips and my current Visa in Saudi Arabia as a worker in my current job .
I have sent a copy of my brother passport (the honor) and my father and mother, and an old passport of my mother which shows a photo of me and my brother who is in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
- 50 days is too long a trip if you don't have an extensive travel history. You should ask for 2-3 weeks maximum.
- You should have included a letter from your employer confirming the dates of your vacation.
- How much of a bank balance did you show for your trip?
- What other proof did you provide of ties to your country of residence (e.g. property ownership or rental)?

Overall your application looks weak and I don't think it's that surprising it was refused.

nourdamas85

May 27, 2016
I really appreciate your respond,
I don't know I was honest when I wrote that I will stay for 50 days, because I did not take a vacation for two years, and I was planning to spend the summer there, anyway thank you for this advice I did not know that I should shorten the period, because this is the first time I applied online. As will as I will send an employer letter next time to show the dates of my vacation.
I showed about 11000 CAD for my trip
About my ties in the country of residence, I did not know that it is necessary to send the rental of the house that I live, because I live with my family and it is shown in the details in IMM5257E. Should I send a contract for our rental house?

Thank you very much

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
nourdamas85 said:
I really appreciate your respond,
I don't know I was honest when I wrote that I will stay for 50 days, because I did not take a vacation for two years, and I was planning to spend the summer there, anyway thank you for this advice I did not know that I should shorten the period, because this is the first time I applied online. As will as I will send an employer letter next time to show the dates of my vacation.
I showed about 11000 CAD for my trip
About my ties in the country of residence, I did not know that it is necessary to send the rental of the house that I live, because I live with my family and it is shown in the details in IMM5257E. Should I send a contract for our rental house?

Thank you very much
CIC does not care if you come to Canada. They would love for you to visit Canada. They care about the part as to why would you leave Canada at the end of your stay? What holds you back & proof? For example; employment, studies, family, home ownership etc.

As for 50 days, a working individual just does not leave the country for two months on a vacation. If you are leaving on such a long vacation, your employer would have been notified hence a letter, you should have a plan of what you plan to do for two months. Think of it from VO's perspective. Don't you have any matters to attend home in this long period?

nourdamas85

May 27, 2016
thanks a lot Mr.dbss for your advise,

I don't know I tried to send all of my proofs, I have a job, and I have my family here in Saudi Arabia, although I am Syrian, but I am living in Saudi Arabia for about 15 years, and I have sent all the details about my current job, and my situation.

I really have been shocked because they refused my application directly and they don't ask me for further documents or an interview, and I really surprised and want to know what the exact reason for refusal so I can meet the requirements.

I am also anxious. Is this rejection could affect the new application ??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They never ask for additional information or documents. You have to provide everything in your original application. Interviews almost never happen. Again, you need to provide everything in the original application package.

formalboygirl

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2011
try reapplying and good luck. address the reason of refusal.

nourdamas85

May 27, 2016
Thank you for your positive respond,

- Is this rejection could affect the new application ?
- if I did not know the exact reason of refusal, how I can ask for that ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nourdamas85 said:
Thank you for your positive respond,

- Is this rejection could affect the new application ?
- if I did not know the exact reason of refusal, how I can ask for that ?
- Yes
- Order your GCMS notes

ASIRAJY

Aug 12, 2014
nourdamas85 said:
Thank you Scylla very much for your advises
Hi Nourdamas85,

my application had been refused also for the propose of visit and immigration status, i am from Syria and resident in KSA, we can share our experience and obstacles before reapplying again if you want ?
Send me if that's fine for you.

Best,
Ahmad

albert_dec1387

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Hi ahmed,

how did you overcome your immigration status refusal factor? i was once refused with same issue. Is our translated Iqama enough to prove our immigration status?

ASIRAJY

Aug 12, 2014
Hi Albert,

To be honest, i have never hear about this refusal factor except for Syrians in this website, believe that due to the current war as all knows.

I don't think that Iqama copy will be enough, cause i already attached it to my first application and got refused.

some Filipinos used to chose a worker in country of residence option inside IMM5257E mentioning the period from their first day in KSA until date of their iqama ends, finally they got approved from VO's, hope that will increase the chance of success.

the main question will be : Is Vo's are refusing and accepting applications depends on nationalities? i hope that will not be.

what was your other refusing factors ? are you Syrian too ?