+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My non Canadian husband needs a visit visa

Canada_eg

Jun 12, 2021
Hi,

Im Canadian. My husband is not. We have 3 kids under the age of 5. I want to get him an exception to get avisit visa and travel back to canada with us, get us settled and then he can return to egypt. He has visited us many times in canada but his visit visa has expired. Any advice? Im thinking of meeting the consular.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Im Canadian. My husband is not. We have 3 kids under the age of 5. I want to get him an exception to get avisit visa and travel back to canada with us, get us settled and then he can return to egypt. He has visited us many times in canada but his visit visa has expired. Any advice? Im thinking of meeting the consular.
As long as he holds a valid TRV, he can come to Canada as a visitor since his spouse is Canadian. No exception is required.

Apply for the TRV as soon as possible. I don't see any point in meeting with the consular. Just get the TRV application in asap.

Canada_eg

Jun 12, 2021
As long as he holds a valid TRV, he can come to Canada as a visitor since his spouse is Canadian. No exception is required.

Apply for the TRV as soon as possible. I don't see any point in meeting with the consular. Just get the TRV application in asap.
Thank you for ur reply. The exception we need is to get a visa in a shorter time than the standard, since the kids and i want to return now. If my husband goes thru the regular wait time it could take many months to get a trv.

Canada_eg

Jun 12, 2021
And pls note his trv has expired. Looking to get a new one but dont want to wait for months (hence the exception)

Canada_eg

Jun 12, 2021
The exception i need is to avoid waiting months to get a visa appointment and processing etc. We want the processing of his visit visa to start immediately so he can take us to canada.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi,

There’s no “ front of the line service “, when applying for a TRV . You go thru the process as set out by the IRCC. It would not be fair to other applicants, since I’m sure they feel their travel is imperative at this time as well

Canada_eg

Jun 12, 2021
There’s no “ front of the line service “, when applying for a TRV . You go thru the process as set out by the IRCC. It would not be fair to other applicants, since I’m sure they feel their travel is imperative at this time as well
Ok let me ask this differently. If my husband wants to apply for a TRV so he can "reunite with his wife and kids" (who are canadian) will processing which could take many months be the same as other people applying for tourism for instance? Or will he be given some priority based on reason for travel?

(According to government of Canada website, if my husbands travel visa was valid, he would have been able to come see us in canada now, despite the covid restrictions. Unfortunately, his visa is not valid so he cannot travel)

I am not seeking an exception to the standard processing time. I am asking about the processing time that according to canada website could take 307 days.

His visa to the US is valid if that helps.

Any advice at all is really appreciated.

Thanks guys

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok let me ask this differently. If my husband wants to apply for a TRV so he can "reunite with his wife and kids" (who are canadian) will processing which could take many months be the same as other people applying for tourism for instance? Or will he be given some priority based on reason for travel?

(According to government of Canada website, if my husbands travel visa was valid, he would have been able to come see us in canada now, despite the covid restrictions. Unfortunately, his visa is not valid so he cannot travel)

I am not seeking an exception to the standard processing time. I am asking about the processing time that according to canada website could take 307 days.

Thanks guys
You can state the reason to ”reunite with family” as a reason. It doesn’t mean it will be processed any faster. If your spouse gets it before 307 days then you are fortunate. However the visa may be refused because you should be applying for spousal sponsorship.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks guys
You should be flagging his application for priority processing with all people who meet the travel exemption. Things like already having done your biometrics in the past10 years will help processing speed. If a medical is not required that will help with processing time. Dropping off your children to return back to Egypt may not be considered essential travel. He will also have to prove that his ties to Egypt are much stronger than to Canada.or else getting approved for a TRV will be difficult. There will be concern that he will arrive in Canada and apply for inland sponsorship.

Canada_eg

Jun 12, 2021
You should be flagging his application for priority processing with all people who meet the travel exemption. Things like already having done your biometrics in the past10 years will help processing speed. If a medical is not required that will help with processing time. Dropping off your children to return back to Egypt may not be considered essential travel. He will also have to prove that his ties to Egypt are much stronger than to Canada.or else getting approved for a TRV will be difficult. There will be concern that he will arrive in Canada and apply for inland sponsorship.
Thanks so much. I will keep those things in mind.

Yaso4ka

Jun 11, 2021
Thanks so much. I will keep those things in mind.
Hi! Did you consider applying for a family sponsorship? On the website it says that waiting time is 12 months, compared to 10 months for a visitor visa... I understand that you need it ASAP, but I don't think there is a way to prioritize your application over already prioritized ones during covid.. Did you try calling them?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi! Did you consider applying for a family sponsorship? On the website it says that waiting time is 12 months, compared to 10 months for a visitor visa... I understand that you need it ASAP, but I don't think there is a way to prioritize your application over already prioritized ones during covid.. Did you try calling them?
He would need to be able to prove that he is relocating Canada permanently. It’s unclear whether that is the case.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My understanding is that the 307 days estimate includes all applicants, and that they are either not processing or lowest priority those applicants who do not qualify for a covid travel exemption. (Because obviously an applicant who cannot travel has no urgency)

Therefore there is a decent chance it will be processed more quickly. But no guarantees.

Make sure when you apply that the immediate family exemption is clear and request expedited processing. That's about all you can do.

But apply ASAP. No point asking about urgent processing if you haven't yet applied.