+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

More than 20 working days at Detroit

suresh6877

Jun 1, 2011
VisaPG said:
Looks like I'm getting my passport/visa today, finally!!

fc900, what your e-mail address? I may be able to help you.
Hi -
So did you go to Detroit? I mailed the application to them on 5/27 and have cruise coming up in mid June. any suggestions on expediting this process?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

Papapee

May 31, 2011
I don't think there is anyway to expedite the process. I personally submitted my application on April 28th at the Detroit office hoping that I will get same day processing but that was not the case. I was told by the receiving officer that it will; take 28 days to complete. To my surprise, on the 26th day I found out that the processing time has been changed to 30 business days. I have sent three e-mails with no response and it is exactly 33days now still waiting and checking my USPS tracking information without any success. I thought that the basis of an updated software was to expedite the process and become more efficient, the opposite is the case right now.

fx500

Jun 1, 2011
eeta said:
Hi, my USPS express mail package arrived at the Detroit consulate on May 23th and it was signed by M Moore at 7am. I later found out May 23th was a Canadian holiday and 7am was too early in the morning....The USPS signature page said the package was delivered to 100-600-REN-CEN. I am a little worried right now..

Do you mind share who signed your package to Detroit Consulate? I'd very much appreciate your inputs...since the consulate won't verify recipient of packages..
I also sent the application by USPS express mail. Mine was received at 10:00 am on May 05 and was signed by T. Key. Still no sign on USPS tracking page for return of my Passport. I sent a message to them two days back using the online form:
dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=detroit

There is no response from them as yet on my message.

hamraz

Jun 1, 2011
Papapee said:
I don't think there is anyway to expedite the process. I personally submitted my application on April 28th at the Detroit office hoping that I will get same day processing but that was not the case. I was told by the receiving officer that it will; take 28 days to complete. To my surprise, on the 26th day I found out that the processing time has been changed to 30 business days. I have sent three e-mails with no response and it is exactly 33days now still waiting and checking my USPS tracking information without any success. I thought that the basis of an updated software was to expedite the process and become more efficient, the opposite is the case right now.
I have the same problem. I submitted my application in person on April 28th and haven't heard back anything yet. Are you subject to mandatory waiting period? Did you apply for a visitor visa?

eeta

May 26, 2011
>33days now??!!

maybe I should ask them to return my passport if things aren't getting better...

Papapee said:

Papapee

May 31, 2011
This is the response from Detroit office that I got today:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We do not respond to status enquiries regarding an application in process at our office while it is within the Normal Processing Time for your type of application.

Please note that due to a recently installed new computer system, processing times are longer than previously posted.

Applicants from countries to which the mandatory waiting period applies must first satisfy the waiting period BEFORE normal processing time takes effect.

If you wish to withdraw your application your request will be actionned within 10 working days irregardless if the request is made in person or via email. Please note that the processing fees are non-refundable and your documents will be returned to you by mail. You must complete the attached "Withdrawal Request". ((Link))

Regards,

eeta

May 26, 2011
Thanks, that's very helpful.
At least I can get my passport back within two weeks.

Papapee said:
This is the response from Detroit office that I got today:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We do not respond to status enquiries regarding an application in process at our office while it is within the Normal Processing Time for your type of application.

Please note that due to a recently installed new computer system, processing times are longer than previously posted.

Applicants from countries to which the mandatory waiting period applies must first satisfy the waiting period BEFORE normal processing time takes effect.

If you wish to withdraw your application your request will be actionned within 10 working days irregardless if the request is made in person or via email. Please note that the processing fees are non-refundable and your documents will be returned to you by mail. You must complete the attached "Withdrawal Request". ((Link))

Regards,

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
I sent my Passport to Detroit for Visa Renewal.. I am in Canada on a Post Graduate Study Permit.. My Passport Reached Detroit May 5th.. Until now nth.. I send 2 emails .. with no replies..How long should I expect to wait more.. I have to travel July 1st...

hamraz

Jun 1, 2011
Just to give an update, I received an email from Canadian Consulate at Detroit saying that my visa is ready.
I had submitted my application in person on April 28th and was subject to mandatory waiting period.

visa2011

May 16, 2011
Hi Hamaraz

It is a good news.
Do you send them any email or fax to know your application status?

Thanks

hamraz

Jun 1, 2011
Hi,

Thanks! Actually, I already had taken back my passport; they emailed me today and wanted me to bring them my passport to finalize the process. However, I had sent them a couple of status check enquiries.

Papapee

May 31, 2011
Hamraz,

Are you in Canada or U.S? I submitted the same date April 28th and I am hoping that since they worked on yours now I should hear something from them next week. Anyway good luck with the final process.

hamraz

Jun 1, 2011
I'm in the US; applied for visitor visa. Thanks for the wishes and I hope yours gets worked out soon.

bitbitcse

Jun 4, 2011
eeta said:
Hi, my USPS express mail package arrived at the Detroit consulate on May 23th and it was signed by M Moore at 7am. I later found out May 23th was a Canadian holiday and 7am was too early in the morning....The USPS signature page said the package was delivered to 100-600-REN-CEN. I am a little worried right now..

Do you mind share who signed your package to Detroit Consulate? I'd very much appreciate your inputs...since the consulate won't verify recipient of packages..
Hi eeta,
Even I also applied and got the same message from USPS tracking system, mail was reached on 23rdMay and signed by M Moore, still no update on USPS express return mail, let me know if you have any update on your application status?

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Any news Guys.. this is my 33rd Day with no Passport??!!