+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

More than 20 working days at Detroit

VisaPG

May 6, 2011
VisaPG said:
I sent it in a month ago. Still haven't received it back. The tracking isn't even active yet :(.

Has any one received their passport/visa back from Detroit recently? If yes, what was the processing time?

Will post when I get it back.
Looks like I'm getting my passport/visa today, finally!!

fc900, what your e-mail address? I may be able to help you.

fc900

May 13, 2011
VisaPG said:

VisaPG, my email address is in my profile now. Congrats on getting your visa!

fc900

May 13, 2011
VisaPG said:

VisaPG, my email address is in my profile now. Congrats on getting your visa!

nb12345

May 17, 2011
The embassy received my passport 3 weeks ago. Is there anyway I can go to the Detroit office to collect my passport?

visavisa

May 16, 2011
There must be something wrong with my application. I sent an email to ask for the status but I still haven't heard anything back (sent around a week ago). How exactly can I sent an email? Do I need to include a scanned hand written letter as well.?

theguru

May 17, 2011
Hello Everybody,
My application reached the Detroit Consulate on 4/5/2011 and the cashiers check was cashed on 4/12/2011. Havent heard back from them yet. I have sent a few emails to detroit-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. I dont know whats going on and what I can do get my passport back. Any help?

nb12345

May 17, 2011
theguru said:
Hello Everybody,
My application reached the Detroit Consulate on 4/5/2011 and the cashiers check was cashed on 4/12/2011. Havent heard back from them yet. I have sent a few emails to detroit-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca. I dont know whats going on and what I can do get my passport back. Any help?
I received this from them last week

Dear Sir/Madam:
Due to the installation of a new computer system, we are currently experiencing a delay in processing applications for Temporary Resident Visas. Please be advised that we do not have the resources to retrieve any information regarding the status of your file. We are, however, putting all our resources on processing applications so that your passport can be returned as quickly as possible.
Regards

VisaPG

May 6, 2011
I know some one who went to the LA Consulate and picked up an application that he had mailed in. Just posting it here as a data point.

VisaPG

May 6, 2011
VisaPG said:
Good news if they are actually processing the applications in the numbers of days that they have on the website :). It's been longer than 14 working days since they got my app and no sign of it back yet.
Worst part is that they do not give you any information if you call, e-mail, fax or mail them!
Here is the current link showing 10 working days:
canadainternational.gc.ca/detroit/offices-bureaux/hours-heures.aspx?lang=eng
Here is the old link showing 14 working days:
canadainternational.gc.ca/detroit/imm/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng
They've changed the processing time to 14 working days again
canadainternational.gc.ca/detroit/imm/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=3

I wonder why they even bother changing it when in reality they take much longer than 14 working days!

nb12345

May 17, 2011
I received an email from the Detroit Consulate today saying that the application process was complete and that they will be mailing out my passport today via priority mail. In the email, they also mentioned not to come in person to pick up my passport. It is exactly three weeks today since the passport was delivered to the Consulate.
Hopefully this is a good sign for all :)

theguru

May 17, 2011
theguru said:
Hello Everybody,
My application reached the Detroit Consulate on 4/5/2011 and the cashiers check was cashed on 4/12/2011. Havent heard back from them yet. I have sent a few emails to detroit-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca. I dont know whats going on and what I can do get my passport back. Any help?
Received my passport back on 5/20/2011 with a visa. Thought of notifying you guys waiting on the processing time.

ponchi

May 24, 2011
Hello everybody,

I just would like to mention about my situation so it might be helpful for rest of us.

I applied NYC on 12th of May. But then I needed my passport for a school emergency and made my friend as my authorized representative. She went there yesterday to collect my passport and as of today she was able to receive it with a visa stamp on it. I wasn't expecting this.

scolaco

May 26, 2011
theguru said:
Received my passport back on 5/20/2011 with a visa. Thought of notifying you guys waiting on the processing time.
the guru - what nationality was the passport? and did they reply to you at any point when you emailed. Mine was received on 4th of May and I received an email repply saying - they do not provide updates on applications within the processing time. I have a flight on the 4th of June!

Thanks for the help

eeta

May 26, 2011
Hi, my USPS express mail package arrived at the Detroit consulate on May 23th and it was signed by M Moore at 7am. I later found out May 23th was a Canadian holiday and 7am was too early in the morning....The USPS signature page said the package was delivered to 100-600-REN-CEN. I am a little worried right now..

Do you mind share who signed your package to Detroit Consulate? I'd very much appreciate your inputs...since the consulate won't verify recipient of packages..