+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

More than 20 working days at Detroit

xiaobo

May 4, 2011
Hi All,
I am in the US and sent my documents to Canda Visa office at Detroit (arrived at their office on April 11) with Fedex Express mail.
The visa is single-entry Temporary Resident Visa to allow me to visit Montréal for attending the important conference.
I put in a Fedex return mail paid with my credit card.
Up to now (May 04), I did not receive my visa and aslo the important documents, including passports, etc.

Do you encounter the same problem? I am nearly crazy.
I tried the Email, Fax, and emergency report at their website. -----No response

Can you give me some suggestions?

:'(

VisaPG

May 6, 2011
I'm in the same boat. I e-mailed them mentioning that I have non refundable tickets, reservations, etc and they replied back saying they are unable to provide updates.

I think I might appoint a visa agent in Detroit who can go over and check on the status. Hopefully that will expedite the process as I need to go on my trip soon.

Is it mandatory to include a self addressed envelope? I didn't and am wondering if I can send them an express mail self addressed envelope now.

I will post back with an update when I have one.

VisaPG

May 6, 2011
On the Canada Consulate General, Detroit page they have reduced the processing time from 14 working days to 10 working days.

Hopefully this means we will get our visa/passport back soon.

I'll post back when I have an update.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
That is good news for everybody :)

VisaPG said:
On the Canada Consulate General, Detroit page they have reduced the processing time from 14 working days to 10 working days.

Hopefully this means we will get our visa/passport back soon.

VisaPG

May 6, 2011
job_seeker said:
That is good news for everybody :)
Good news if they are actually processing the applications in the numbers of days that they have on the website :). It's been longer than 14 working days since they got my app and no sign of it back yet.

Worst part is that they do not give you any information if you call, e-mail, fax or mail them!

Here is the current link showing 10 working days:

canadainternational.gc.ca/detroit/offices-bureaux/hours-heures.aspx?lang=eng

Here is the old link showing 14 working days:

canadainternational.gc.ca/detroit/imm/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng

cit1127

Nov 29, 2004
I sent my Single Entry Tourist Visa to Detroit Canada Consulate on Apr 27th. I have a flight booked to Cananda for May 15th and no response from them yet. Sent a mail and got the reply that their computer systems are upgrading and hence the delay. But no word on the application status or the response time. :(

Is collecting the passport in person a viable option? Has anyone done that? Please reply.

VisaPG

May 6, 2011
cit1127 said:
I sent my Single Entry Tourist Visa to Detroit Canada Consulate on Apr 27th. I have a flight booked to Cananda for May 15th and no response from them yet. Sent a mail and got the reply that their computer systems are upgrading and hence the delay. But no word on the application status or the response time. :(

Is collecting the passport in person a viable option? Has anyone done that? Please reply.
I think you should probably head there or appoint an agent to go on your behalf. I applied for my visa in the middle of April and haven't heard anything back from them. If I do not hear back by the end of this week I will probably get some on to go for me and check the status in person.

VisaPG

May 6, 2011
VisaPG said:
I think you should probably head there or appoint an agent to go on your behalf. I applied for my visa in the middle of April and haven't heard anything back from them. If I do not hear back by the end of this week I will probably get some on to go for me and check the status in person.
I got an e-mail from them saying that they were sending my passport/visa out on Thursday. I sent them a USPS Express self adressed envelope in a follow up letter and have been tracking that but no luck so far.

Even if they sent it back using First Class Mail it should have reached me by now :(. I'm hoping it shows up on Monday!

cit1127, did you get your visa/passport back?

fc900

May 13, 2011
VisaPG said:
I got an e-mail from them saying that they were sending my passport/visa out on Thursday. I sent them a USPS Express self adressed envelope in a follow up letter and have been tracking that but no luck so far.

Even if they sent it back using First Class Mail it should have reached me by now :(. I'm hoping it shows up on Monday!

cit1127, did you get your visa/passport back?
VisaPG, when did you send in your application? I sent my in on Apr. 20, and I am trying to figure out if I will be able to get mine back on time.

VisaPG

May 6, 2011
fc900 said:
VisaPG, when did you send in your application? I sent my in on Apr. 20, and I am trying to figure out if I will be able to get mine back on time.
I sent it in a month ago. Still haven't received it back. The tracking isn't even active yet :(.

Has any one received their passport/visa back from Detroit recently? If yes, what was the processing time?

Will post when I get it back.

visavisa

May 16, 2011
Hi all
They received my TRV application on April 11th and I still have no word from them yet. I am still waiting.:(

fc900

May 13, 2011
My flight leaves this Friday. Everything was planned and non-refundable at this point. I am really concerned. Is there anything I can do?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Can you by any chance move the day to leave for Canada? If you call the airline, you might be able to move the departure date, albeit would cost you.

fc900 said:
My flight leaves this Friday. Everything was planned and non-refundable at this point. I am really concerned. Is there anything I can do?

fc900

May 13, 2011
job_seeker said:
Can you by any chance move the day to leave for Canada? If you call the airline, you might be able to move the departure date, albeit would cost you.
Everything else is booked as well, and I am going with my friends. So it's pretty much either this Friday or nothing...