+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mon Projet Quebec Application Intake - 2 Hours to Go - Are you ready?

shaggycoc

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Le nombre maximal de demandes présentées dans le cadre
du Programme régulier des travailleurs qualifiés a été reçu.

better luck for the next chance

bobbaclin

Aug 8, 2016
sunnymaren said:
Well there a lot more immigration programs ;).

And there are probably more ways to hack yourself into the queue, but the one I stated is probably the easiest and the one that was chosen by many people because otherwise there is no freakin way to explain a queue of 400k lol... Well or did the Americans actually made good on their threat to move to Canada because of Trump :D?
What other programs are there that can help me get to Quebec. I have researched others but havent had much luck

sunnymaren

Aug 16, 2016
bobbaclin said:
What other programs are there that can help me get to Quebec. I have researched others but havent had much luck
Well, there are over 30 programs (for Canada... You can also use them to get to Quebec indirectly later). Maybe consult some agency to help guide you? But unless you bring something specific... like if you are just a generic applicant (like me), then you will likely need a job offer first...

Note that a permanent resident card is for whole Canada... So in one way or another you just need to get into Canada and then you can go wherever you want (after making some failed attempts in the region where you got your card, for good measure)

Rubaaab

Star Member
Jan 29, 2016
really feeling sad...
Do you have any idea when they reopen?? Whether it will be a new system or the same old??

sunnymaren

Aug 16, 2016
Rubaaab said:
really feeling sad...
Do you have any idea when they reopen?? Whether it will be a new system or the same old??
If they use this same crap queue next time, I will build a company around it :p And I think other people might too.

bobbaclin

Aug 8, 2016
sunnymaren said:
Well, there are over 30 programs (for Canada... You can also use them to get to Quebec indirectly later). Maybe consult some agency to help guide you? But unless you bring something specific... like if you are just a generic applicant (like me), then you will likely need a job offer first...

Note that a permanent resident card is for whole Canada... So in one way or another you just need to get into Canada and then you can go wherever you want (after making some failed attempts in the region where you got your card, for good measure)
Great info, I really appreciate it. As far as the resident card, wouldn't I still need to obtain the QSW certificate to work in Montreal?. I love it there and absolutely want to live there. i considered trying to get a resident card and live in Ontario for a year or so and then go to Montrel but I thought since Quebec has it's their own immigration system I'd be in the same positon I'm in now. And yes I am a general applicant like you.

sunnymaren

Aug 16, 2016
bobbaclin said:
Great info, I really appreciate it. As far as the resident card, wouldn't I still need to obtain the QSW certificate to work in Montreal?. I love it there and absolutely want to live there. i considered trying to get a resident card and live in Ontario for a year or so and then go to Montrel but I thought since Quebec has it's their own immigration system I'd be in the same positon I'm in now. And yes I am a general applicant like you.
I am not an authority on this xD, but I don't think you need anything once you have this card... It would be illegal for them to reject you I think. The card makes you like a citizen without election rights and some other minor stuff.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
this_sam_is_not_that_sam said:
I got
--> 1600
--> 4000
--> 5000 x2

I came across technique issue on chrome too. And I didn't figure out the the solution in 10 minutes so I wast first chance( 1600).
Before the second chance came, I found that it was because the system was trying to make Ssl a request which was by default prevented at chrome.

It made me so nervous.
Please elaborate what technique just for other people to benefit

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
baljit12 said:
Well said, but seriously there are alot more besides from this. 8)
Since you are in why don't you share for people for next time. At least if the system is breakable it would only be fair for them to change it.

sunnymaren

Aug 16, 2016
bobbaclin said:
I can sympathize with your situation. A lot of people abuse this program to get into Canada, not Quebec... I want to stay in Quebec and hopefully all goes well and this application gets through...

I think if you are generic like me, this was the only option.

I recommend you, if this really is your dream, look for a big company that works in Canada and your country. Then after working for them for one or two years, ask for internal transfer. Then you are non-generic and can likely use another program to immigrate. But make sure you ask for this transfer in your job interview and make it clear to them that you want to transfer.

It's tough but this program was the only hope for me NOT to look for such a company...

bobbaclin

Aug 8, 2016
sunnymaren said:
I can sympathize with your situation. A lot of people abuse this program to get into Canada, not Quebec... I want to stay in Quebec and hopefully all goes well and this application gets through...

I think if you are generic like me, this was the only option.

I recommend you, if this really is your dream, look for a big company that works in Canada and your country. Then after working for them for one or two years, ask for internal transfer. Then you are non-generic and can likely use another program to immigrate. But make sure you ask for this transfer in your job interview and make it clear to them that you want to transfer.

It's tough but this program was the only hope for me NOT to look for such a company...
Once again I appreciate your reply. It feels good knowing other people are in the same boat as me (Not that I am happy neither of us got in) Just good to know I'm not alone in my dissapointment. Yes I have actually applied to some companies in Montreal but I read and speak French at a very basic level which is a honderence. (I am currently taking a class now for the purpose of moving there pretty much) Also it seems, based on other experiences I have read, that most companies are not willing to go through all the paperwork and necessary steps to bring on an immigrant. I think they figure they can just hire someone from the country and not have the headache. Montreal is really my dream and I wont stop until I get there. I'm even considering going to Grad school just to get there and work my way up from there. I might try the route you suggested and find big company elshewere in Canada and move eventually. I'm just worried about getting caught up in that immigration process while still pursuing the QSP

sunnymaren

Aug 16, 2016
bobbaclin said:
Once again I appreciate your reply. It feels good knowing other people are in the same boat as me (Not that I am happy neither of us got in) Just good to know I'm not alone in my dissapointment.
Well I submitted my application ...

Grad school might work... But it's risky, since terribly expensive.

bobbaclin

Aug 8, 2016
sunnymaren said:
Well I submitted my application ...
But I have zero french knowledge, so I am not yet convinced that they actually accept this one. But I calculated all the numbers and I reach a good bunch more than the point cap :D.

Grad school might work... But it's risky, since terribly expensive.

Whoops lol, well I am happy for you. I really hope you get in. I find it interesting you said people abuse this program just to get in Canada. I would think it would be the inverse. This process seems much more of a pain than the general Canadian immigration but what do I know. Yes grad school is expensive but I've looked at the tuition and its lower than here in the states. I'm already in student loan debt so I may just go for it. This is how bady I want to be in Montreal. ...Again best of luck to you :D