+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Middle Eastern immigrants applying for citizenship....update here

taco

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
I my self a middle eastern as well, never the less my application is going well and should be a canadian citizen soon.
people need to appreciate that a country like canada is giving them the chance to become canadians where no arab country
is doing so.
need to stop accusing the system and the government of canada of being prejudice because this is not true a bit as i know
many people from the middle east and palestinians who have and are in the process of becoming canadians.
Some people have been and still trying to deceive the system which in some cases has an affect on others whom being honest and are
following the rules and regulations.
IN my opinion, rather than accusing the government of canada and setting a bad example of arabs in general or any specific country within
the middle east then it is better to just leave and go back where ever a person came from.
Other wise people need to be patient and just live there life and eventually they will become canadians.

windsordaki

Oct 13, 2012
taco said:
Finally............. after nine months...... Oath date

So exited that i can not believe it

submitted may 2011
in process jan 2012
test march 2012
Oath jan 2013

no RQ and no Judge

any body that is in the same situation,,, do not lose hope.

i thank god and all who have guided me in this form and wish the best for you all.

middle eastern
Would you please let me know your local office? the time took for you between test and oath is pretty long time.

windsordaki

Oct 13, 2012
I am from ME and here is my timeline:
- Local office: Windsor (ON)
-Applied: June 2012
-Received booklet: Aug 2012
- Processing started: Sep 2012
- Wrote citizenship test: Dec 2012

Now waiting for oath

Goli58

Jan 3, 2013
taco said:
I my self a middle eastern as well, never the less my application is going well and should be a canadian citizen soon.
people need to appreciate that a country like canada is giving them the chance to become canadians where no arab country
is doing so.
need to stop accusing the system and the government of canada of being prejudice because this is not true a bit as i know
many people from the middle east and palestinians who have and are in the process of becoming canadians.
Some people have been and still trying to deceive the system which in some cases has an affect on others whom being honest and are
following the rules and regulations.
IN my opinion, rather than accusing the government of canada and setting a bad example of arabs in general or any specific country within
the middle east then it is better to just leave and go back where ever a person came from.
Other wise people need to be patient and just live there life and eventually they will become canadians.
I just wish you a minute of my life, then you can imagine how hard is instead of lecturing!!!! and keep your opinion for yourself!!!!!

toto999

Jan 4, 2013
Woooooooooooooooooooooooow windsordaki,

only 6 months !!!!!! you are the luckiest person, good luck and hope you will receive the oath letter soon. you gave me a big hoooooooooope now, i am sitting and trying to relax and prepare myself to wait for long time and i thought that this impossible to happen to anyone.

good luck :)

windsordaki

Oct 13, 2012
toto999 said:
Woooooooooooooooooooooooow windsordaki,

only 6 months !!!!!! you are the luckiest person, good luck and hope you will receive the oath letter soon. you gave me a big hoooooooooope now, i am sitting and trying to relax and prepare myself to wait for long time and i thought that this impossible to happen to anyone.

good luck :)
Thanks!
yes, my intention was to give some hope to folks here. seems most of people in this topic had a very hard time with their citizenship application process.

Goli58

Jan 3, 2013
windsordaki said:
Thanks!
yes, my intention was to give some hope to folks here. seems most of people in this topic had a very hard time with their citizenship application process.
Technically we have!!! on my test day got RQ, now after 6 months hearing I have to wait another 4 years!!!!

windsordaki

Oct 13, 2012
Goli58 said:
Technically we have!!! on my test day got RQ, now after 6 months hearing I have to wait another 4 years!!!!
If we receive RQ, there is no way except being patient and providing accurate and helpful documents to prove we have lived in Canada. From discussions posted at different forums, some RQ cases have been cleared pretty soon, even in a few months. Seems it is mostly depends to the local office and the kind of documents people submit. The general idea is to send CIC as less documents as possible but strong ones such as letter from employer which shows working period or copy of salary receipts. sometimes overwhelming CIC with tones of supporting documents can delay case due to longer time required to process all documents. Anyway, hope your RQ to be cleared soon and you receive your oath letter.

Goli58

Jan 3, 2013
windsordaki said:
If we receive RQ, there is no way except being patient and providing accurate and helpful documents to prove we have lived in Canada. From discussions posted at different forums, some RQ cases have been cleared pretty soon, even in a few months. Seems it is mostly depends to the local office and the kind of documents people submit. The general idea is to send CIC as less documents as possible but strong ones such as letter from employer which shows working period or copy of salary receipts. sometimes overwhelming CIC with tones of supporting documents can delay case due to longer time required to process all documents. Anyway, hope your RQ to be cleared soon and you receive your oath letter.
I put 2 affidavits, my leases, my tax slips, my course grades, and my certificates, that was all I had!!! But the point is, it will take 4 years for an officer to get to my application!!!!!!!!

windsordaki

Oct 13, 2012
Goli58 said:
I put 2 affidavits, my leases, my tax slips, my course grades, and my certificates, that was all I had!!! But the point is, it will take 4 years for an officer to get to my application!!!!!!!!
can you share your local CIC office if you don't mind?

Goli58

Jan 3, 2013
windsordaki said:
your local office is one of the worst in Canada. I read a lot of people with RQ from that office with a longer processing time.
4 years waiting is not fair.
That is why I am fighting for it so hard, I went to Mp's office, I had interview with Toronto star, I am twitting about it, I am putting information on my facebook, and also I am contacting CBC to cover the story!!! I am working here, I am paying tax here, so that is government's turn to return!!!!

The way CIC is treating permanent residents, who are working here and paying taxes just like any Canadian citizen is ridiculous. It seems we are good to pay taxes but not good enough to become Canadian under the Conservative government!

toto999

Jan 4, 2013
oh guys,

when i submit my Application i just include the documents they asked for on the check list and i have added only the stamps on my passport when i left only for 3 days to the stats, in this case did i made a mistake when i didn't add my taxes documents and work letter. so that i might have a longer process.

please advice :-\