Mexico

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sillymemo said:
Hi All,
Yesterday I received an email letting me know that I have to go for an interview August 23rd at 12:00, Im exited/scared I hope it all goes well, I have never been to mexico city before (just at the airport) so I dont know the city ??? But Im hoping that it wont be hard. I´ve read in other posts before about the possible questions you get asked in the interview, does anyone knows where they are?

thank you guys any kind of advise would be helpful
Hello Sillymemo,

At least you know someone is looking at your file.....
Mexico city can be a fun place, do not worry too much about it. I think it is easy to get around in the DF

Have you already received your letter to get your antecedentes penales ?

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
rlajambe said:
Hello Everyone!

Does anyone know where to go to get fingerprints done in Mexico so we can get an RCMP clearance? Specifically in Guadalajara? My wife is there and doesn't know where to go. She says the place where she did her State clearance doesn't do ink fingerprints, only a computer scan.

Also, in regards to the medical exam, is this to be done before or after the application is submitted? I think it should be done before so that all of our paperwork is in order and the VO doesn't have to request anything from us during the process. My wife, however, feels that since the doctor forwards the results to the processing office, they will arive before the application and be discarded because there is no related file.

As long as there is a valid client ID, they should hold this until the application arrives, correct? If we were to do the exam beforehand, do we list mexico city as the place to send it or missisauga? I ask because I do not want to add 5 extra weeks waiting for the papers to return to mexico via the mail system.
You do not need an RCMP clearance unless immigration specifically asks for it. Just send the state certificates and the certificates for any other country the applicant has lived in for more than 6 months (not including Canada).

Do the medical exam before, don't worry about it getting lost/thrown out. The doctor will give you a piece of paper (I think it is Copy 2?) that needs to be sent with your application. Look at appendix C in the region specific guide.

Do the exam just before you are going to send in the entire application, it only has a validity of one year. The medical exam results will actually end up in Trinidad and Tobago, but place Mexico City in the section where it asks which Visa office is processing the file.

sillymemo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Huron: No, I have not received the package with the instructions to get the "carta de antecedentes registrales" I´m still waiting for it. I actually was thinking that after they receive that "carta" I could be asked to attend an interview but it happened before. I am just nerveous because I dont know what are they going to ask me; I hope they won´t be rude with me :(

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Rlajambe

I could be wrong but I do not think you need to include Canadian police certificates with the application. According to the CIC website they will tell you if you need to get them.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

Canada
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Only in certain cases. The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed.

Concerning the Medical exam, if you are applying for family class as a spouse, common law or conjugal partner the exam has to be done BEFORE sending in the application. (Parents and grandparents as done after sending the application)

The applicant - Spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children need to fill out Appendix C of the region specific guide for Latin America and take it with them to the DMP along with some photos and of course the payment. The Doctor will give the applicant a receipt with a photo to include in the application package sent to Mississauga. (The DR sends the medical exam results to Port of Spain in Trinidad and Tobago and they are eventually hooked up with the application at some point in the future.)

Definitely make copies of everything before you send it to Mississauga; you need to include the ORIGINAL of the medical receipt with the application.

Concerning the Visa office we put Mexico City on the appendix c and our e-cas shows in process medical results received....

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sillymemo said:
@ Huron: No, I have not received the package with the instructions to get the "carta de antecedentes registrales" I´m still waiting for it. I actually was thinking that after they receive that "carta" I could be asked to attend an interview but it happened before. I am just nerveous because I dont know what are they going to ask me; I hope they won´t be rude with me :(
@ sillymemo

I do not think they will be rude to you. I think you just need to answer the questions truthfully and politely. From what I have read they ask you about things from the application, your sponsor’s job, address, family and how you met, etc. If you are really concerned you can order a copy of the CAIPS notes to see what is going on with your application before the interview. The notes may list a reason(s) for the interview. Perhaps there is a red flag like a large age difference between you and your partner, I do not know. But it would be good to know what concerns they have so you are prepared for your interview.

You can learn about ordering CAIPS notes here
http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

You can also take to your interview any more proof of your relationship, if you have more or new proof since sending in your application. Maybe your sponsor has visited you or maybe there are more chat or call records or cards or something.

When did you receive the email AOR? Maybe you can do your interview and your Carta de Antecedentes Penales on the same trip to Mexico City. Or maybe doe the Antecedentes penales before and turn them in on the day of your interview.

Let us know when your letter for the Antecedentes Penales arrives, me and wooera are waiting for ours to arrive also.

sillymemo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Huron, thanks for your advice. I received the AOR email july 14th and still waiting to get the package and July 27th I received the email for the Interview. Regarding to de CAPIS, do you know how long does it take to get the Notes if my sponsor makes the request in Canada?

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sillymemo said:
@ Huron, thanks for your advice. I received the AOR email july 14th and still waiting to get the package and July 27th I received the email for the Interview. Regarding to de CAPIS, do you know how long does it take to get the Notes if my sponsor makes the request in Canada?
@sillymemo

Thats the same day we got our AOR email too ;)

I found this site maybe it will help you http://www.caipsnotes.com/About.shtml
its says :

Invited to an interview
The CAIPS file will have the immigration officer's notes entered when he reviewed the file and decided an interview was required. The CAIPS notes will normally indicate to you why you need to be interviewed.

The Ottawa office in Canada is required to respond to CAIPS request within 30 working days. Please note that in rare circumstances the Ottawa office may take longer to process requests.

You should send the request for CAIPS ASAP and your partner should send it express post or courier as to not waste time in the mail so you can get the results as soon as possible before your interview next month.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes...

I think mrandmrsromero recently ordered and received CAIPS notes maybe she can share with us how log it took for the notes to arrive

M

mrandmrsromero

I do not recall the exact date, but I believe it was the week of June 20 went I mailed off the CAIPS (aka GCMS) forms. The letter obviously got caught in the mail strike because the cheque was not cashed for several weeks. The report was received back by email on July 18, which surprised me as I was expecting regular mail. Entire process took approx 4-5 weeks, taking into account mail slow down during strike.

@ sillymemo: DEFINITELY get your CAIPS request submitted right away. I suggest doing a covering letter asking for the results as soon as possible, mentioning the date of the interview. Worth a try.

The sponsor should read the instruction forms very carefully and ONLY check off the electronic file request portion. I read somewhere that requesting anything other than electronic results in a significant delay receiving the response. Also make sure that the applicant signs the Release of Information to Individual form. Include an email address for their response. I also notice there is now a credit card payment form available which I don't believe was there before, as I sent in a cheque. By all means use the credit card option if it means you can fax in the forms and save some time.

As Huron mentioned, the CAIPS report will give you a pretty good snapshot of the status of your application and what the "flags" might be. If an IO is looking for something, it will be mentioned in the notes. Everything in our report was status quo except one note in particular that said "photograph of tattoo described in medical must be obtained for review". So as you can see, the notes will give you a very clear idea of what they want to know.

Once you identify what the embassy is looking for in CAIPS, you will be in a position to clear up any issues at the interview. I think I've read elsewhere on this forum that it is perfectly okay to ask about the outcome of the interview at the end and if there is anything else that needs clarification.

Also, definitely follow Huron's advice and bring to the interview updated relationship proofs since the date you submitted your application - emails, chat/phone records, pictures, facebook screenshots, plane tickets, visit itineraries etc. Just go in as prepared as you can and be completely honest and I'm sure you will do just fine!

This is the link I used to get started on CAIPS:
http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
The medical exam results will actually end up in Trinidad and Tobago, but place Mexico City in the section where it asks which Visa office is processing the file.
Well that explains the little mystery of why I saw a reference to Port of Spain buried somewhere in the CAIPS notes! When I first read it I thought hmmmmm, has our file been on a little adventure trip I'm not aware of ?!

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
Well that explains the little mystery of why I saw a reference to Port of Spain buried somewhere in the CAIPS notes! When I first read it I thought hmmmmm, has our file been on a little adventure trip I'm not aware of ?!
I know, I wonder who gets to work in Port of Spain? Pretty great location! I just imagine a warehouse on the beach full of medical exams.

sillymemo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ mrandmrsromero & Huron; thank you so much for your advise I will defenetly ask my partner in Canada to order the CAPIS notes (this weekend since he´s away for a couple of days) because I want to be prepared for the interview.

M

mrandmrsromero

sillymemo said:
@ mrandmrsromero & Huron; thank you so much for your advise I will defenetly ask my partner in Canada to order the CAPIS notes (this weekend since he´s away for a couple of days) because I want to be prepared for the interview.
Please let us know how long it takes to get your CAIPS back and how the interview goes. Good luck!!!

M

mrandmrsromero

Well I guess July is a wrap. Seriously, this is killing me. August, anyone? *sigh*

M

mrandmrsromero

Not that this is really news to anybody:
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Immigration+backlog+major+challenge/5148208/story.html#ixzz1ToLkiaOw