Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
mrandmrsromero said:
Not that this is really news to anybody:
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Immigration+backlog+major+challenge/5148208/story.html#ixzz1ToLkiaOw
awe man..this is news to me actually. I haven't heard about a cap before. My boyfriend and i are still about 16 months away from applying under family sponsorship... :( hope this doesn't effect us too badly.

sillymemo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday I received what I think is the "AOR" it basically asks me to provide them with the "carta de antecedentes registrales" a new state police report and FBI police report eventough I only stayed in the US for 5 months as a tourist, also a copy of a my order of departure from Canada to decide wheather or not I will need an ARC. :-[

Also what you guys think, I got my interview this month and my partner wants to travel form Canada to come with me to the interview because he wants to be with me eventough he wont be allowed to go inside. Would it worth to come all the way down just for that? would it make a good impresion or wouldnt it matter?

Thanks for your comments

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
Hi SillyMemo great that you receive your AOR letter can I ask you where about mexico are you ?? just to have an idea how long does it takes to get , im in Guadalajara and I receive the email same day as you. Thanks so much and you will see everything will be ok in your interview !!

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well the Processing times for sponsorship of spouses, common-law or conjugal partners and dependent children applications processed by visa offices outside Canada has been updated...... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#west

Mexico went from an average of 15 months to an average of 14 months......

so I guess since our application was received in Mexico in May of 2011 we only have (on average) a year left to go ! :eek: :( :eek:

Maybe we will be in Canada for Canada Day next year ............

sillymemo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ wooera I am in Aguascaleintes, it took 2 weeks to get here.

has anyone requested FBI checks? I need to know how did you do to get the fingerprints ??? could I do it myself? or where should I go??

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sillymemo said:
@ wooera I am in Aguascaleintes, it took 2 weeks to get here.

has anyone requested FBI checks? I need to know how did you do to get the fingerprints ??? could I do it myself? or where should I go??
@sillymemo, I have not received my AOR in the mail yet and I do not know the answer :-[ but maybe this link will help you for the FBI

http://es-es.facebook.com/notes/inmigrantes-canada/certificado-del-fbi/10150152047138416

I think someone that knows the answer will help you from here also.

M

mrandmrsromero

Trying to get the FBI prints slowed us down considerably in this process. We had ZERO helpful guidance in what to do and where to go for prints in Mexico (including from the US Embassy in Mexico!!!) The Canadian embassy couldn't help us, the Mexican police station we went to wouldn't do it; we even asked the people doing the prints for the constancia and came up with nothing. I sincerely hope that those of you living in Mexico who need FBI prints have better luck than we did. I urge you to start trying to figure it out now if you know or even suspect you will be asked for this clearance. We were obviously asking the wrong people; or not asking the right questions but to make a very long story short -- we basically gave up.

The rest of the story reads like a comic strip.

We watched a video on Crimescene.com (yes, you read that right) on how to roll fingerprints. Ordered a print kit from their website. Trust me, the ink pad alone is worth the price. Don't believe me? Practice rolling prints without smudging for awhile. You'll see :) While I was visiting in Mexico we did several practice runs and then rolled about 10 cards. I brought them back to Canada with me and took them into a fingerprinting agency to review and they were kind enough to pick out the best ones most likely to be accepted and we mailed them ALL!!! Refused to take any chances given that the results take 4-8 weeks to get back to you.

The FBI had no problems with the prints and we had the clear record back in 4 weeks.

If you can find a place in Mexico that will do prints acceptable to the FBI then by all means go for it and PLEASE post where you went and what you did here for others. To say the whole thing was a pain in the ass is an understatement. And the stress of waiting to make sure the prints were okay for the FBI was agonizing. But it all worked out.

Here's the link for the ink, pad, and instruction video if you need to go this route. Keep in mind the shipping takes a week or so to get the stuff delivered to Mexico.

One day, after we have the PPR, I will think back and laugh at the memory of fingerprint cards and ink strewn all over a table and us sweating bullets trying to roll a huge thumb that wouldn't fit anyway but diagnally. But right now, all you're getting is an eyeroll, a crooked smile and a big cringe. ???

http://www.crimescene.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=51&products_id=117

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
Trying to get the FBI prints slowed us down considerably in this process. We had ZERO helpful guidance in what to do and where to go for prints in Mexico (including from the US Embassy in Mexico!!!) The Canadian embassy couldn't help us, the Mexican police station we went to wouldn't do it; we even asked the people doing the prints for the constancia and came up with nothing. I sincerely hope that those of you living in Mexico who need FBI prints have better luck than we did. I urge you to start trying to figure it out now if you know or even suspect you will be asked for this clearance. We were obviously asking the wrong people; or not asking the right questions but to make a very long story short -- we basically gave up.

The rest of the story reads like a comic strip.

We watched a video on Crimescene.com (yes, you read that right) on how to roll fingerprints. Ordered a print kit from their website. Trust me, the ink pad alone is worth the price. Don't believe me? Practice rolling prints without smudging for awhile. You'll see :) While I was visiting in Mexico we did several practice runs and then rolled about 10 cards. I brought them back to Canada with me and took them into a fingerprinting agency to review and they were kind enough to pick out the best ones most likely to be accepted and we mailed them ALL!!! Refused to take any chances given that the results take 4-8 weeks to get back to you.

The FBI had no problems with the prints and we had the clear record back in 4 weeks.

If you can find a place in Mexico that will do prints acceptable to the FBI then by all means go for it and PLEASE post where you went and what you did here for others. To say the whole thing was a pain in the ass is an understatement. And the stress of waiting to make sure the prints were okay for the FBI was agonizing. But it all worked out.

Here's the link for the ink, pad, and instruction video if you need to go this route. Keep in mind the shipping takes a week or so to get the stuff delivered to Mexico.

One day, after we have the PPR, I will think back and laugh at the memory of fingerprint cards and ink strewn all over a table and us sweating bullets trying to roll a huge thumb that wouldn't fit anyway but diagnally. But right now, all you're getting is an eyeroll, a crooked smile and a big cringe. ???

http://www.crimescene.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=51&products_id=117
I love it! That is truly a great story.

Have you had any news from your MP about the application?

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
I love it! That is truly a great story.

Have you had any news from your MP about the application?
Nope, not a peep from the MP. We did receive a generic email from the embassy, responding to our case inquiry of early July, saying they would be in touch with us when/if further documents are required. It is obvious from GCMS that the security checks are all that remains to be done. I'm assuming clearances for time lived in the U.S. is what's dragging this out. Trying to be optimistic that it will all be over soon, but some days are tougher than others (and weekends are the worst!)

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
Nope, not a peep from the MP. We did receive a generic email from the embassy, responding to our case inquiry of early July, saying they would be in touch with us when/if further documents are required. It is obvious from GCMS that the security checks are all that remains to be done. I'm assuming clearances for time lived in the U.S. is what's dragging this out. Trying to be optimistic that it will all be over soon, but some days are tougher than others (and weekends are the worst!)
Hang in there! Imagine the euphoria you will feel when this is all over.

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
@HURON love the video!!! I can´t wait for that letter too!!!!! :eek:

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
Hey Guys,

This is totally unrelated to our visa applications but I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this before.

I deposited 47,000 last month (I took money from my Canadian Scotiabank account and transfered to my new mexican scotiabank account) and was just charged some ridiculous 2% tax on the money that i was never pre-warned about. IDE RECAUDADO shows on my statement. Does anyone know about this, and is there anyway to dispute it? I've got to admit I'm in disbelief... In Canada the bank pays YOU to have your money in their bank by paying interest... I'm so surprised I must pay the bank to put my money in it?

Hope your visa processes are going well =D

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itscoezy said:
Hey Guys,

This is totally unrelated to our visa applications but I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this before.

I deposited 47,000 last month (I took money from my Canadian Scotiabank account and transfered to my new mexican scotiabank account) and was just charged some ridiculous 2% tax on the money that i was never pre-warned about. IDE RECAUDADO shows on my statement. Does anyone know about this, and is there anyway to dispute it? I've got to admit I'm in disbelief... In Canada the bank pays YOU to have your money in their bank by paying interest... I'm so surprised I must pay the bank to put my money in it?

Hope your visa processes are going well =D

Yes (IDE, Impuesto a los Depósitos en Efectivo) it is a tax on cash deposits. (welcome to Mexico ) Since most workers (64% of workers) in the Mexican economy work in the "informal sector" (that means under the table) the Mexican Hacienda or Mexican version of CRA takes 2% of any cash deposits of over 15,000 pesos per month. And no there is no way to dispute it that I know of. It is a tax. (most banking disputes are handled by the condusef (www.condusef.gob.mx) ) One can avoid paying the tax by using electronic transfers, cheques or depositing 15,000 pesos or less each month.

More on the tax below:

Tax on cash deposits

As a measure to reduce the size of the informal economy and redistribute the tax burden among a wider base of the population, the Mexican Congress approved a new tax on cash deposits (IDE, Impuesto a los Depósitos en Efectivo) to be effective from July 1 2008. The IDE tax rate is 2% and is imposed on deposits made in cash (bills and coins) of more than M$15,000 either as a single deposit or as an aggregated amount at the end of a given month, in bank accounts with Mexican financial institutions, as well as on the acquisition in cash of money orders for this amount.

This tax is administered by the federal government and banks are required to withhold the IDE and remit it to the Mexican tax authorities and to certify such withholdings.

Electronic transfers, transfers between different accounts, cheques and credit instruments contracted with the financial system are not subject to the IDE.

This tax can be creditable against corporate income tax, as reduced from the remittance income tax withheld from third parties and/or any other federal taxes.

The tax on cash deposits has not been as successful as expected when it was enacted. It failed to reach its target of M$3 billion ($226 million) in tax, but it is still in place as a measure against the informal economy.