Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
Thanks susana. I follow the instructions and I already got it. Thank you so much for your help. ;)

susana said:
To gigi1612:

I sent you an Inbox giving you instructions how to apply for the Federal Police Certificate (PGR). If you are living outside Mexico, The Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is the one who applies for it in your behalf.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate in contact me.

Susana

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Here is my situation.

I got married (Catholic Wedding) in Mexico last month and we had a reception and a wedding trip.

As some of you know religious ceremonies are not legal marriages in Mexico. Only weddings performed by the "registro civil" are legal marriages under Mexican Federal and State law.

My "wife" is here in Canada right now. She was admitted without any problem

We want to get married here (Civil ceremony) and start the application process (outland) since it is faster.

Some of my friends tell me that I should not mention anything about the stuff that happen in Mexico since that may get in in trouble.

I don't want to misrepresent any facts in my mind telling the truth is the best approach but I don't want to get in trouble for telling too much.

I have tons of pictures from the wedding, reception and wedding trip in Mexico.

What do you think?, Has someone ever done this?

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
islenio said:
Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Here is my situation.

I got married (Catholic Wedding) in Mexico last month and we had a reception and a wedding trip.

As some of you know religious ceremonies are not legal marriages in Mexico. Only weddings performed by the "registro civil" are legal marriages under Mexican Federal and State law.

My "wife" is here in Canada right now. She was admitted without any problem

We want to get married here (Civil ceremony) and start the application process (outland) since it is faster.

Some of my friends tell me that I should not mention anything about the stuff that happen in Mexico since that may get in in trouble.

I don't want to misrepresent any facts in my mind telling the truth is the best approach but I don't want to get in trouble for telling too much.

I have tons of pictures from the wedding, reception and wedding trip in Mexico.

What do you think?, Has someone ever done this?
Definately include details and photos about your church ceremony! Include the guest list, any receipts, photos and proof of gifts, anything and everything!! We had a small reception in Mexico before getting married here in Canada and we included all that information, we were approved without problems. Good luck!

tarnen

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-12-2011
AOR Received.
Oct-14-2011
File Transfer...
June-12-2011
Med's Done....
April-04-2011
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
Dec-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-06-2012
LANDED..........
planned for March
just a quick question to the people already in process of their application

After you got you AOR... how long did it take for them to ask for the Federal Police Certificate? the "Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales"?

it just would be nice to know when to expect things.. or even just some examples of timeslines

tarnen

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-12-2011
AOR Received.
Oct-14-2011
File Transfer...
June-12-2011
Med's Done....
April-04-2011
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
Dec-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-06-2012
LANDED..........
planned for March
hey Huron... we got our AOR on May 25th... we are waiting for the next step now... the Federal police certificate request. anyone know an average time of expecting it?

Huron said:
@ cuenca_perez
@ La_Ardilla
@ dattad
@ Wooera
@ tarnen

Anyone with any updates for Mexico ? My file was received at Mexico VO on may 5th

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Tarnen I see your file arrive in Mex DF may 12 and your aor is may 25, how and when did your AOR arrive? EMail or Regular SEPOMEX mail?
I still do not have AOR yet .... ??? :(

La Ardilla said the following on the 25 of April maybe that will help you:

Here are some answers from my experience:
The AOR was received by e-mail. They say in the letter attached to the e-mail that they will be sending a copy of the AOR and barcode stickers, but I have not received either.

On ecas it said application received on December 22nd and the AOR was received on February 2nd.

The AOR explained that they will send out a letter listing the required documents. Our letter indicated that we needed to get the PGR certificate, a police check for Mexico City (doesn't exist) and a medical exam. This was mailed February 4th and was received on March 31st.

If the embassy wants you to get a constancia, then they will send you the letter to request it at the PGR.

As for bothering the Embassy, I have e-mailed a few times for valid reasons (in my opinion anyway). If you look at the Embassy website, it does indicate that the letter of acknowledgement should be within 15 days of receiving the application. It is hidden, but it is there.

I hope this helps and good luck!

tarnen

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-12-2011
AOR Received.
Oct-14-2011
File Transfer...
June-12-2011
Med's Done....
April-04-2011
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
Dec-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-06-2012
LANDED..........
planned for March
ohhhhhhhhhhh
i just have the application recieved on may 25th on the ecas website. i thought that was the AOR
but from reading that, i guess i don't have the AOR yet.
well that sucks... i just took a step in the wrong direction.

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
Hi Tarner , yea I Dont understand why the AOR letters are taking sooooo long my application shows in ECAS it was receive in Mexico in May 5 , I still don´t hear anything from them either :-[ , It looks like I have the same timeline as Huron but yea im worry worry worry, I think Im going to send a Email today I will let you know that goes

M

mrandmrsromero

Well, over a month now since FBI dropped off at embassy and still *nothing*. Wondering if this means an interview request is forthcoming. Or somebody lost our file. ???

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
Well, over a month now since FBI dropped off at embassy and still *nothing*. Wondering if this means an interview request is forthcoming. Or somebody lost our file. ???
I think this wait justifies an e-mail to check up, it has been over 6 months. I would e-mail or ask my MP to find out what the hold up is. I am usually polite and patient but I think the wait is too much for most humans.

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
I think this wait justifies an e-mail to check up, it has been over 6 months. I would e-mail or ask my MP to find out what the hold up is. I am usually polite and patient but I think the wait is too much for most humans.
Yep. I actually emailed to inquire about status on Monday. Radio silence. I hadn't thought about contacting the MP. I hesitate to do anything that might end up making things worse?

I know our case is not necessarily straightforward (similar to kdr's situation) and part of the delay in our timeline was a result of spinning our wheels trying to figure out how and where to get acceptable prints done in Mexico for the FBI clearance. So we expected a bit of a processing delay on those counts. The application is otherwise beyond transparent and well supported, all documents requested provided, etc. so I was feeling very optimistic about hearing something by now. It would be so much easier to handle if we had some idea of what's happening so we could at least start planning for whatever is next, whether that be dealing with an interview or deciding what to pack! It is NOT KNOWING that is the killer.

We have been through a lot together this past couple of years (I know, everyone has a story!) and all we want to do is end this intolerable separation and move forward with our life together. I too am very patient and generally handle stress well. BUT THIS, I'm afraid, is an entirely different thing. I think I'm gonna need therapy after its all said and done!!!

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
Yep. I actually emailed to inquire about status on Monday. Radio silence. I hadn't thought about contacting the MP. I hesitate to do anything that might end up making things worse?

I know our case is not necessarily straightforward (similar to kdr's situation) and part of the delay in our timeline was a result of spinning our wheels trying to figure out how and where to get acceptable prints done in Mexico for the FBI clearance. So we expected a bit of a processing delay on those counts. The application is otherwise beyond transparent and well supported, all documents requested provided, etc. so I was feeling very optimistic about hearing something by now. It would be so much easier to handle if we had some idea of what's happening so we could at least start planning for whatever is next, whether that be dealing with an interview or deciding what to pack! It is NOT KNOWING that is the killer.

We have been through a lot together this past couple of years (I know, everyone has a story!) and all we want to do is end this intolerable separation and move forward with our life together. I too am very patient and generally handle stress well. BUT THIS, I'm afraid, is an entirely different thing. I think I'm gonna need therapy after its all said and done!!!
I phoned my MP back in April, they weren't terribly helpful but I didn't follow up with them. I eventually calmed down and my blood stopped boiling. They were able to tell me what the embassy was waiting for. I think it is fair to ask them to help you.

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
I phoned my MP back in April, they weren't terribly helpful but I didn't follow up with them. I eventually calmed down and my blood stopped boiling. They were able to tell me what the embassy was waiting for. I think it is fair to ask them to help you.
Okay, if there is nothing new by end of the week I will take your suggestion and contact the MP. At least if we know what the hold up is we can try to address it. Thanks very much for the feedback.

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
sORRY GUYS FOR ASK BUT WHAT IS A MP?

M

mrandmrsromero

wooera said:
sORRY GUYS FOR ASK BUT WHAT IS A MP?
Hi Wooera,

MP = Member of Parliament.
The candidate I voted for in the recent election lost, so let's just say I won't pretend to know any more than that. ;)

Perhaps this will help:
http://canadaonline.about.com/cs/parliament/a/rolemps.htm