Med's Done....
27-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2011
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Thinking of everyone still going through the process and sending happy vibes your way:) I spent the month of May in Mexico City and my husband officially landed on May 24 and it has been smooth sailing since!

I was PETRIFIED throughout the entire process and was convinced that we would need an interview (husband had overstayed and was working) but we didnt. I spent the time to do research on websites like this and made the most comprehensive package possible and was 110% honest about everything and it all worked out. I know how easy it is to get lost in the panick and fear and what ifs but just know that soon you will have an answer and can start your happily ever after in the same country!

You will be contacted soon mrandmrsromero!!!! Again, happy thoughts for everyone!

dattad

Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Huron, @ La_Ardilla, @Wooera and et al:
Hi Guys and Gals,

No, no updates, And sorry, I was not able to chime in here recently, but eCAS states the App was received on March 29, and it has been 2.5 Months since.

The embassy site as you know says 15 Business Days for AOR, but then in another section it advises 45 Days.

The AOR as far as I know, will indicate File Number and describe which documents they require to finalize the process. Once the documents are sent, it takes between 2 weeks up to a month for the Passport Request.
If the APplicant goe sin person, PR Visa is given the same day; otherwise it may take a little longer to get once the passport is sent.

Hope all of us get good news soon, we are almost there, let's keep a good attitude and certitude it will come our way in no time.

All the best.
D.

dattad

Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
La_Ardilla said:
I phoned my MP back in April, they weren't terribly helpful but I didn't follow up with them. I eventually calmed down and my blood stopped boiling. They were able to tell me what the embassy was waiting for. I think it is fair to ask them to help you.
Hi La-Ardilla,

Do you mind me asking what the MP Office told you? What is the embassy waiting for? For That Goverment to actually and officially start?

I am with everybody here, 15 days, 45 days, months. I am usually very patient but seeing and looking to my wife on a computer every night, and feeling her desperation and sadness and lost of hope, hurts a lot.

I am glad you got your Passport Req, soon you will be together. I am glad for you.

Ok, let's do this one more, all the best for all of us. For the best things are soon to come our way.
Cheers !!!
D.

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
Hi Dattad , im feeling the same as you very desperate and missing my husban soo much, I sent a email on wendnesday to the embassy maybe it was too soon but I need to know something, hope somebody have an answer soon best luck for all :D

dattad

Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wooera said:
Hi Dattad , im feeling the same as you very desperate and missing my husban soo much, I sent a email on wendnesday to the embassy maybe it was too soon but I need to know something, hope somebody have an answer soon best luck for all :D
;D God I need to smile today, really. Woora, hope you get the respons eyou want soon. I also emailed them a Case Enquiry 2.5 weeks ago, nothing yet. I just got a message stating it may take up to 28 days for them to respond.
I did not get an Acknowledge of the email, did you?
:(

I know that once they send the AOR and the Request, the case is pretty much over; but as many of us have conveyed it here, not having any updates is a killer.
:-X

As every Friday, I run out of patience, I just feel frustrated. 2.5 Months is driving me nuts already.

I know June is the Month, but it is not coming soon enough.

All the best for all of us.
Cheers.
D.

sillymemo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys,

I am at very erly stage of the sponsorship process, last april my sponsor received an email from CIC letting us know he was approved as a sponsor and it also stated our file is going to be transfered to Mexico City; my question is what are the usual next steps from the embassy??? do we get a notification MX city got our file, Im just wondering what´s next . .

thanks for your help, and good luck to everyone!!!

dattad

Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sillymemo said:
hey guys,

I am at very erly stage of the sponsorship process, last april my sponsor received an email from CIC letting us know he was approved as a sponsor and it also stated our file is going to be transfered to Mexico City; my question is what are the usual next steps from the embassy??? do we get a notification MX city got our file, Im just wondering what´s next . .

thanks for your help, and good luck to everyone!!!
@sillymemo

Hey dude, kudos on the sponsorship approval. Well, now you may check on eCAS to at least see when the VO receives the Principal Applicant's Permanent Residence Application. Do note that will not be your AOR.

Some of us in eCAS can see that the File was tranfered to Mexico City VO, and still have not got the AOR. It may take 15 days, 45 days or months. Hopefully sooner than later.

The AOR will have your Immigration File Number and may indicate if the VO requires further documentation; such as the Mexican Police Certificates.
If you provided an email, they will send you the AOR electronically, advising they will also use regular post to send you a written and printed copy of the AOR.

Once the AOR is on your hands, and you submit the documents when requested, it takes between 2 weeks up to a month for the VO to request the passport to stamp the PR Visa.

I hope this help.
All the best to all of us.

The light is here, let's just make it brighter.
Cheers.
D.

sillymemo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you so much Dattad, one more question what eCAS is?? ::)

where can I find it??

dattad

Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sillymemo said:
thank you so much Dattad, one more question what eCAS is?? ::)

where can I find it??
The eCAS is the Client Application Status On-Line Service. You can just go to cic.gc.ca and on your right hand you will see the I NEED TO Menu. Click on Client Application Status. You will need the Client # given in the Sponsorship Letter to Login. DO note you must use the Sponsor Info accordingly.

Once you have the Immigration File Number, then you can use the Principal Applicant's Info to login.

Hope that helps.
Cheers.

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
dattad said:
Hi La-Ardilla,

Do you mind me asking what the MP Office told you? What is the embassy waiting for? For That Goverment to actually and officially start?

I am with everybody here, 15 days, 45 days, months. I am usually very patient but seeing and looking to my wife on a computer every night, and feeling her desperation and sadness and lost of hope, hurts a lot.

I am glad you got your Passport Req, soon you will be together. I am glad for you.

Ok, let's do this one more, all the best for all of us. For the best things are soon to come our way.
Cheers !!!
D.
Hi! I phoned my MP when I received the letter requesting the federal police certificate and a new medical exam. The reason I phoned them was because of the time limit on the letter which would have given us only 1 day to get both the exam and the certificate. I tried sending a case specific inquiry but never received the acknowledgement e-mail. I decided to call the MP's office because I knew they could find out an answer much quicker. They never followed up on my phone call and when I called them back about a week or two later, they mentioned that the embassy was waiting on the police certificate and medical exam. Nothing I didn't know but I felt good using my MP's office for something.

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
Okay, if there is nothing new by end of the week I will take your suggestion and contact the MP. At least if we know what the hold up is we can try to address it. Thanks very much for the feedback.
I was thinking about your situation, and maybe they set your bring forward date a little later than ours because of the potential difficulty of getting the FBI report. When I received a response about extending the deadline on getting the police report, they only gave us until May 20th, only 30 days from the day of the response. Did they give you more time than that?

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
I was thinking about your situation, and maybe they set your bring forward date a little later then ours because of the potential difficulty of getting the FBI report. When I received a response about extending the deadline on getting the police report, they only gave us until May 20th, only 30 days from the day of the response. Did they give you more time than that?
You know, this thought fleetingly crossed my mind the other day but I dismissed it out of hand. Your note here just prompted me to go back to the email my husband received on March 18, which says:

Please be advised that our office will grant 90 more days from the date of this e-mail, so you can submit the FBI Certificate requested. No more time will be granted.

Upon receipt of the above, we will continue the processing of the application. Should you fail to respond within the time frames stipulated, the application will be assessed on the evidence available on file. This may result in the refusal of the application.

In the event that the application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations in force at the time that the new application was filed. Please quote the file number on all correspondence.

I remembered reading the part about "upon receipt of the above, we will continue processing..." so I guess I just assumed that the day my husband dropped off the FBI the file would be rolling again. BUT, if it got shoved into a "don't look at me again for 90 days" pile .... that would bring us to June 16 by my count. OMG - could it really be that simple???

Meanwhile back at the ranch, my husband has talked me off the ledge and I have refrained from quitting my job and packing up for Mexico. Thankfully, it was his turn this week to be the one exhibiting level headed common sense :)

PLEASE let this be the explanation!!!!

Thanks La_Ardilla.

M

mrandmrsromero

kdr said:
Thinking of everyone still going through the process and sending happy vibes your way:) I spent the month of May in Mexico City and my husband officially landed on May 24 and it has been smooth sailing since!

I was PETRIFIED throughout the entire process and was convinced that we would need an interview (husband had overstayed and was working) but we didnt. I spent the time to do research on websites like this and made the most comprehensive package possible and was 110% honest about everything and it all worked out. I know how easy it is to get lost in the panick and fear and what ifs but just know that soon you will have an answer and can start your happily ever after in the same country!

You will be contacted soon mrandmrsromero!!!! Again, happy thoughts for everyone!
kdr!!! Great to see your update. Congrats on landing!!! Enjoy every moment together. And thanks for the encouragement -- it really helps to hear the good word from those who made it to the other side of this madness. Keeps the dream alive! :)

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
You know, this thought fleetingly crossed my mind the other day but I dismissed it out of hand. Your note here just prompted me to go back to the email my husband received on March 18, which says:

Please be advised that our office will grant 90 more days from the date of this e-mail, so you can submit the FBI Certificate requested. No more time will be granted.

Upon receipt of the above, we will continue the processing of the application. Should you fail to respond within the time frames stipulated, the application will be assessed on the evidence available on file. This may result in the refusal of the application.

In the event that the application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations in force at the time that the new application was filed. Please quote the file number on all correspondence.

I remembered reading the part about "upon receipt of the above, we will continue processing..." so I guess I just assumed that the day my husband dropped off the FBI the file would be rolling again. BUT, if it got shoved into a "don't look at me again for 90 days" pile .... that would bring us to June 16 by my count. OMG - could it really be that simple???

Meanwhile back at the ranch, my husband has talked me off the ledge and I have refrained from quitting my job and packing up for Mexico. Thankfully, it was his turn this week to be the one exhibiting level headed common sense :)

PLEASE let this be the explanation!!!!

Thanks La_Ardilla.
I hope that it ii! I know about feeling like quitting your job, I had gone through that scenario many times, I always thought, "would I be able to get a leave of absence in order to move back to Mexico?"

P.S. I thought I saw you ask me if I am from Winnipeg and, I am! Do you think we could know someone in common? The Mexican community is fairly small here.

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
I hope that it ii! I know about feeling like quitting your job, I had gone through that scenario many times, I always thought, "would I be able to get a leave of absence in order to move back to Mexico?"

P.S. I thought I saw you ask me if I am from Winnipeg and, I am! Do you think we could know someone in common? The Mexican community is fairly small here.
I am a born and raised Manitoba girl :) I still have family in Winnipeg and near Brandon. Whenever my husband arrives with his PR we are planning Wedding Part 2 at Clear Lake! I'm going to keep hoping for sooner, rather than later.