01-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-07-2013
Interview........
RPRF on March of 2014, Police Clr Cert on 03/15/14, FBI Request 082014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
Hello,

Does anybody know what is the actual size for the "passport size" photographs requested for the Informe de Datos Registrales per instructions below:

Is it passport size of Canada, Mexico? If someone know the dimensions please help.
Also, I assume the photos must be in color, correct?

2) Three photographs of the front, and three of the right profile: passport size (With no makeup, earrings, glasses, beard, moustache, sideburns—no exceptions)

Araxiel

Nov 15, 2013
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014 sent 28-02-2014
AOR Received.
05-11-2013 CPC: 22-01-2014 Mex. VO
File Transfer...
22-01-2013
Med's Request
08-11-2013
Med's Done....
11-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
xedelatorre said:
Hello,

Does anybody know what is the actual size for the "passport size" photographs requested for the Informe de Datos Registrales per instructions below:

Is it passport size of Canada, Mexico? If someone know the dimensions please help.

2) Three photographs of the front, and three of the right profile: passport size (With no makeup, earrings, glasses, beard, moustache, sideburns—no exceptions)
Yo me imagino que estas en mexico. Ve a tomartelas con cualkier fotografo, ellos sabes como van... solo recuerda no las puedes hacer tu por que te las regresan ya que necesitan estar impresas en un papel especial mate. Lo se por que a una chava que hizo el tramite conmigo se las regresaron. Si, tienen que ser a color

jorgew

May 16, 2013
hi to everyone

Im being sponsored for my wife.
Im a bit worried here and i would like to know what is your opinión guys in my case.
Im in the part of the process where i was asked to submit PGR, RCMP, Schedule A, payment of permanent residence rigths, CSQ and the IRB decisión (they didnt ask for more relationships evidence).

Everything went fine but Im worried about the IRB decisión, when I made my refugee claim I did something stupid, I said that I was bisexual and that I was in a group to defend gay, lesbians,bisexuals and diversity rigths and thats why i was being threatened, I wasnt approved as a refugee.
So now im kind of worried because I got married with my girlfriend wich i really love, and maybe they can think wrong and ask me for an interview or deny my App.
in the application there is a part: MEMBERSHIP AND ASSOCIATION WITH ORGANIZATIONS. There I didnt put anything at first whn i started my app so now in the Schedule A there is the same part and I would like to know whats your opinión guys, if should put that i was part of the organisation and the name of it or just leave it blank as i did when i started my application?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xedelatorre said:
Hello,

If you are in Mexico, you want "tamaño filiación," which is 4.5 x 3.5 cm. They are close up photos with very specific requirements so it's worth going to a photographer that knows what these are.

If you are abroad, use something that is at least 4.5 x 3.5 cm (Canadian passport size works). It's best to ask the photographer to zoom in on your face so that it consumes almost the entire frame. In addition to the requirements you list, take a look at the requirements at http://www.pgr.gob.mx/Servicios/Constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp, such as white background, no makeup, no glasses, no earrings, no piercing decorations, no beard/mustache. Make sure that there isn't any hair on your face, forehead or ears (gel/water is your friend; your hair must be visible).

cicconfused

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August 2013
Doc's Request.
09 January 2014 & 14 March 2014 (ARC)
AOR Received.
04 November 2013
File Transfer...
13 September 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
21 April 2014
LANDED..........
07 July 2014
jorgew said:
hi to everyone

Im being sponsored for my wife.
Im a bit worried here and i would like to know what is your opinión guys in my case.
Im in the part of the process where i was asked to submit PGR, RCMP, Schedule A, payment of permanent residence rigths, CSQ and the IRB decisión (they didnt ask for more relationships evidence).

Everything went fine but Im worried about the IRB decisión, when I made my refugee claim I did something stupid, I said that I was bisexual and that I was in a group to defend gay, lesbians,bisexuals and diversity rigths and thats why i was being threatened, I wasnt approved as a refugee.
So now im kind of worried because I got married with my girlfriend wich i really love, and maybe they can think wrong and ask me for an interview or deny my App.
in the application there is a part: MEMBERSHIP AND ASSOCIATION WITH ORGANIZATIONS. There I didnt put anything at first whn i started my app so now in the Schedule A there is the same part and I would like to know whats your opinión guys, if should put that i was part of the organisation and the name of it or just leave it blank as i did when i started my application?
I would be prepared for an interview if I were you. But that is not necessarily a bad thing. You just have be prepared with a reasonable explanation. You will have a chance to explain yourself.

As for the schedule A, consistency is the key. Truth is important. Stick to the truth. Were you found credible by the RPD?

You have to be careful to be consistent. I imagine you still have an ARC to go through after your relationship is found to be genuine.

jorgew

May 16, 2013
cicconfused said:
I would be prepared for an interview if I were you. But that is not necessarily a bad thing. You just have be prepared with a reasonable explanation. You will have a chance to explain yourself.

As for the schedule A, consistency is the key. Truth is important. Stick to the truth. Were you found credible by the RPD?

You have to be careful to be consistent. I imagine you still have an ARC to go through after your relationship is found to be genuine.
yes i have to do ARC. and in the IRB decisión says the tribunal gives me the benefit of doubt. when they asked for more documents they didnt ask for more relationship evidence what leads me to belive that they know that my relationship is real, but im preparing more relationship evidence like skype records and stuff in case they ask me for an interview. also im ready to answer any question they ask about my wife and to explain why i did say those things in the refugee claim.

cicconfused

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August 2013
Doc's Request.
09 January 2014 & 14 March 2014 (ARC)
AOR Received.
04 November 2013
File Transfer...
13 September 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
21 April 2014
LANDED..........
07 July 2014
jorgew said:
yes i have to do ARC. and in the IRB decisión says the tribunal gives me the benefit of doubt. when they asked for more documents they didnt ask for more relationship evidence what leads me to belive that they know that my relationship is real, but im preparing more relationship evidence like skype records and stuff in case they ask me for an interview. also im ready to answer any question they ask about my wife and to explain why i did say those things in the refugee claim.
That sounds positive to me. It's good the RPD gave you the benefit of the doubt. I don't think your case is as bad as it would've been if they didn't believe you. Then, I think you would've had problems.

I think if you talked about belonging to an organization at the IRB, it would be advisable to include it on the schedule A.

Chauncey

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
Doc's Request.
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2014
LANDED..........
SOON!!
The cic website has updated the expected time of sponsorship applications for each visa office and the one for Mexico City has increased from 14 to 16 months. But looking at some peoples expereriences here recently I thought maybe things were going faster. I guess not overall.

JimE2013

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
My wife and stepson became permanent residents in Vancouver on March 17. Thanks to all who have answered my questions here and also to Campbell Cohen who helped us greatly with our paperwork. I highly recommend their services. ;D

Mar 22, 2014
Hello i have questions, to start off i would like to tell about my situation, I met my husband in 2010, he was here in canada as a refugee, but was turned down, we took off to montreal, and then he was later deported in July 2011, and in August 2011, i flew out to mexico to continue our relationship, i was living in mexico since 2011, and in that time frame we got married in October 2011, we had our first child in September 2012, then when i got pregnant with my second child, i returned to canada when i was 5 months pregnant, when i returned to Canada, i moved with my parents, i went on welfare since i was not planning to start my hsuband papers until after our daughter was born, and i called immigration and they said that is wouldnt effect me, and that i did not need to meet min. requirements to sponsor my husband, but i am being told other wise but others, i am now wanting to start my husband papers, i am not working since my daughter is 5 months and my son 18 months, and i am still on welfare tho i am getting off of it april 1st, and i was wondering if someone could tell me the honest truth if this is going to effect me or how exactly is it to sponsor a spouse??

a few questions i have is,

what is the min requirments?
and i was just wondering if someone could give me there email or facebook, that way i could talk to them when ever i have a question about the paper work, because i really do not understand it, and i want to get the papers done correctly. please and thank you

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
As far as I know there aren't minimum income requirements for spousal applications but as a sponsor you are agreeing to be financially responsible for him for a minimum undertaking of three years so it's going to look bad if you've been collecting welfare. You cannot collect welfare at any time during that undertaking, you would have to pay all of it back. But... Because there aren't minimum income requirements for spousal PR technically as long as you aren't collecting when you apply it shouldn't affect your application. You'll need proof that you've stopped collecting though because you have to provide your option c printout for the last tax year which will show that you were collecting until December at least.

I'm interested to know whether or not his deportation will affect your application. I was under the impression that if you've been deported you can't re enter canada for 10 years. However I don't know anyone that it's happened to so I don't know exactly what the rules are or if there are exceptions nor do I know the specifics regarding his deportation.

My email is agarand8@hotmail.com, I'll do whatever I can to help you. I've done a lot of research but haven't even sent my application in yet (next week though!). So far I'm an expert at gathering documents. Lol

Lgc1

Mar 23, 2014
Does anybody know how the passport process works I am currently in Canada on a visitors visa do I have to send my passport to Mexico or do I have to drop it off ? Another thing do I have to travel to Mexico to pick up the passport I have dual citizenship US/Mexico and applied as a Mexican do I need to send my Mexican passport(only became Mexican citizen 3 years ago) or do I send my US one?
Thank you for your time and for reading this

cmartin

Jan 7, 2014
Hi,

I'm looking for information about the driver licence exchange. Somebody know if my mexican husband need an international drivers permit to be able to make the exchange when he will arrive to Canada (Québec)?

Thanks!

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
agarand8 said:
As far as I know there aren't minimum income requirements for spousal applications but as a sponsor you are agreeing to be financially responsible for him for a minimum undertaking of three years so it's going to look bad if you've been collecting welfare. You cannot collect welfare at any time during that undertaking, you would have to pay all of it back. But... Because there aren't minimum income requirements for spousal PR technically as long as you aren't collecting when you apply it shouldn't affect your application. You'll need proof that you've stopped collecting though because you have to provide your option c printout for the last tax year which will show that you were collecting until December at least.

I'm interested to know whether or not his deportation will affect your application. I was under the impression that if you've been deported you can't re enter canada for 10 years. However I don't know anyone that it's happened to so I don't know exactly what the rules are or if there are exceptions nor do I know the specifics regarding his deportation.

My email is agarand8 @ hotmail.com, I'll do whatever I can to help you. I've done a lot of research but haven't even sent my application in yet (next week though!). So far I'm an expert at gathering documents. Lol

Hello there, I havent been on this forum for about 6 months when my husband landed. I shared my story on here, but just to inform you that being deported doesnt mean you cannot enter canada within 10 years. Yes there are exclusion bans which are typically from a year to however long the CBSA states on your papers. My husband was deported june 2012 and landed october 2013.