+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chauncey said:
From people's experiences here, why is there sometimes such a big difference in time between people's applications? For some people the entire process is 5 or 6 months, while others are waiting almost two years.

I understand that an interview or a request for specific records extends the wait... but does the "obviousness" of the relationship have anything to do with it?

Like if there is a longer relationship, lots of photos, emails, letters, big wedding, etc. - do those details speed things up?? I would think yes, but I would like to hear from others. Thanks :)
The genuineness of the relationship affects whether the file needs to be escalated for review and/or an interview is required, so having sufficient evidence that makes a solid case can help avoid delays. In general, once a file leaves processing because another document is required or an interview needs to be scheduled, the timeline will extend.

In addition, security and background checks can be time consuming. In addition to the police certificates, several Canadian and international agencies are consulted to check on the applicant's background. Their response time can vary and the information gleaned throughout the process can make additional - time-consuming - follow up required. So, for example, if someone has a criminal background, potential ties to a criminal organization, or in many cases if someone has military experience, the research into the case required to get clearance will be very time consuming.

JimE2013

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
OhCanadiana said:
JimE2013: you really should discuss these questions with your lawyer to ensure you have a coordinated approach (in general and specifically, since he's reaching out to the Embassy on your behalf already). As context, you could take a look ENF04 Section 12.6 and the Bulletins issued in recent years which discuss CoPR processing given that the forms were being changed. These are available on CIC's website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/).
Everything has been sorted out. The new landing date is March 19. Two questions. We submitted the form IMM5604 (declaration from non-accompanying parent) to the embassy during the application process. Do we need to bring a copy of the form when we go to Canada via Mexico City? I think not, since the PR visas are already issued. Thanks. Also, my stepson wants to return to Mexico a couple of weeks after landing to finish up the school year in Mexico and I will courier his PR card to him when it arrives. He'll be returning alone. What type of authorization will he need to travel back to Mexico from Canada alone? He is 16.

lheff

Nov 13, 2013
Re: How many days after PGR documents Sent

gamyover said:
Well it really varies a lot depending on your case, for example in my case took around a month after I sent PGR, for they to request my passport, there is a girl whose husband took a week so they requested his passport.

In the other hand it could take months if your case is complicated, so it really is according to your circumstances. Lets hope for the best and you hear from them soon with great news.
Thanks for your quick Reply. So far everything has been pretty good with time, this will be the seventh month.

My wife has not been requested for an interview and we sent the Police certificate from PGR already. Can you advise if the interview request happens before or after this request in your experience?

Thanks!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JimE2013 said:
Everything has been sorted out. The new landing date is March 19. Two questions. We submitted the form IMM5604 (declaration from non-accompanying parent) to the embassy during the application process. Do we need to bring a copy of the form when we go to Canada via Mexico City? I think not, since the PR visas are already issued. Thanks. Also, my stepson wants to return to Mexico a couple of weeks after landing to finish up the school year in Mexico and I will courier his PR card to him when it arrives. He'll be returning alone. What type of authorization will he need to travel back to Mexico from Canada alone? He is 16.
Glad it worked out.

The answer to your question depends on who has custody (for this answer, I'll assume it's shared with his father given that you submited IMM5604) and on the permissions his parents granted when his passport was issued (e.g., travel without needing approval each time or not).

I'd think about this by considering each entity that will need to approve his passage as a minor as you travel (customs at entry/exit of each country, airline). The IMM5604 (and visa) will cover his entry into Canada when you land. For the rest, it would be prudent to have an original notarized letter signed by both parents giving their authorization (generally a good idea whenever a minor travels anyway). Therefore, for now, I would plan to get a bunch notarized letters of approval - bilingual to save yourself the need for translations - so you have an original available for each trip for: (a) exit from the country, (b) carrier, and (c) entry to the other country. Consider adding in permission for medical treatment or should routing changes be needed, should it be necessary. You can see the Mexican instructions at http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/Instructivo-salida-menores; this page also has a link to a form that will auto-generate a form for you if needed, and the Canadian recommendations at http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/children/consent-letter and http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/children/consent-letter/faq. If he's going to connect in the US on the way, add them into the equation (though generally more lenient in this regard than Mexico and Canada, both of which have been known to put the kibosh on travel of minors alone or with only one parent either directly or via the airline denying boarding).

Historically, it could be quite simple depending on the choice his parents made when they got his passport. If his passport says something along the lines of "El titular viaja con el permiso de sus padres o quienes ejercen la patria protestad, en los términos de los artículos 421 del Código Civil y 136 del Reglamento de la Ley General de Población." [the holder travels with permission of his parents or of those who have custody in terms of articles...] then his parents gave permission for him to travel internationally alone (or with only one parent) and, at least for the past several decades he would have been all set. If a stamp with that observation (usually takes up almost a whole page upfront) isn't included in the passport, then you'll need to get the appropriate authorization letter for him to travel with only one parent (when he goes to land) and then when he travels alone twice (in and out of Mexico).

That being said, Mexico is implementing a new form that children will need to have if they are traveling alone (or without a custodial parent). If he has the stamp in his passport mentioned above, he may or may not need this. However, given that it was recently implemented, I'd have him have it with him since it's no fun to be stuck at the border trying to explain stuff to customs officers (or airline personnel trying to learn new requirements). There's a cute video explaining the new form at the INM web site - see http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/video_salida_menores.html (the link is also on the INM main page).

Sounds like the delay (caused by the erroneous CoPR) may have been a blessing in disguise to give you a chance to get your ducks in order with this.

Good luck!

lheff

Nov 13, 2013
Hi Friends of this Forum,

My wife forwarded the PGR Police certificate (Datos Registrales) to the Canadian Embassy . Do you know if the interview request happens after or before the Police Certificate request? had our interview been waived?

Thanks!

Araxiel

Nov 15, 2013
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014 sent 28-02-2014
AOR Received.
05-11-2013 CPC: 22-01-2014 Mex. VO
File Transfer...
22-01-2013
Med's Request
08-11-2013
Med's Done....
11-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
lheff said:
Hi Friends of this Forum,

My wife forwarded the PGR Police certificate (Datos Registrales) to the Canadian Embassy . Do you know if the interview request happens after or before the Police Certificate request? had our interview been waived?

Thanks!
After

cicconfused

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August 2013
Doc's Request.
09 January 2014 & 14 March 2014 (ARC)
AOR Received.
04 November 2013
File Transfer...
13 September 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
21 April 2014
LANDED..........
07 July 2014
Hi all,

I received my GCMS file and am happy to say there was a very good note from the VO---there is sufficient evidence to believe our marriage is genuine and not entered into to gain status in Canada. Yay! ;D The note was written in mid-January.

So, now I am wondering timelines...I assume we are waiting for the background check to complete? Does anyone have any experience how long that takes? I know the next step for us will be the ARC. And am hoping we will get that request soon.

Any thoughts for timing now?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cicconfused said:
Hi all,

I received my GCMS file and am happy to say there was a very good note from the VO---there is sufficient evidence to believe our marriage is genuine and not entered into to gain status in Canada. Yay! ;D The note was written in mid-January.

So, now I am wondering timelines...I assume we are waiting for the background check to complete? Does anyone have any experience how long that takes? I know the next step for us will be the ARC. And am hoping we will get that request soon.

Any thoughts for timing now?
If you need an ARC, then the background check will likely be a bit longer (assuming there's a Canadian record). From what people have reported previously, be prepared for CIC to ask for documents on his departure from Canada and potentially an RCMP background check.

CryssyM

Mar 17, 2013
We received your application for permanent residence on October 12, 2012.

We started processing your application on February 4, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

We completed the ARC, the second Medical test and now we are just waiting.... What is the next step and how much longer do we have to wait?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CryssyM said:
We received your application for permanent residence on October 12, 2012.

We started processing your application on February 4, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

We completed the ARC, the second Medical test and now we are just waiting.... What is the next step and how much longer do we have to wait?
Sounds like you are all set other than the ARC, for which approval times reported in this thread are usually in the months (vs. weeks) range.

lheff

Nov 13, 2013
Hi friends of this forum.

My wife has sent the passport after the passport request. Do you know how many days it takes to have the visa released?

Thanks,

LHernandez

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lheff said:

My wife has sent the passport after the passport request. Do you know how many days it takes to have the visa released?

Thanks,

LHernandez
Usually within a week after receipt.

Chauncey

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
Doc's Request.
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2014
LANDED..........
SOON!!
I received my approval of sponsor last week! Took 26 days from when they received it. Happy for the good news. Now they send the package to Mexico City.

So I guess the next correspondence from CIC will be an acknowledgement of receiving it in DF? Should I expect to wait around three months for that acknowledgement?

lheff

Nov 13, 2013
Chauncey said:
I received my approval of sponsor last week! Took 26 days from when they received it. Happy for the good news. Now they send the package to Mexico City.

So I guess the next correspondence from CIC will be an acknowledgement of receiving it in DF? Should I expect to wait around three months for that acknowledgement?

HI There,

It takes approximately two to three in my case (applied last year) Best of lucks :)!

Thanks!

Araxiel

Nov 15, 2013
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014 sent 28-02-2014
AOR Received.
05-11-2013 CPC: 22-01-2014 Mex. VO
File Transfer...
22-01-2013
Med's Request
08-11-2013
Med's Done....
11-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
lheff said:

Thanks,

LHernandez
How long did it take from when you sent the PGR to the passport request?