Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Barbarita said:
Hello Turkey2013

Thank you for the comment..I appreciate and I may totally be wrong on this and my lawyer may have confuse me or maybe I did not get it right..I will clarify this situation with him once he is back from Perou...and I will found out if there is a protocole about getting your note and if I was wrong I will post on it cause I don't want to mislead or confuse anyone...

maybe it depends of the situation..but you know at the end what matters is for my husband to join me in Montreal and we got approve today without me requesting the note of our file each and every month..don't get me wrong here...I'm not saying that it is the right way to do so but from my personal opinion I don't believe that it's necessary to show to the visa section how insecure and anxious the sponsor and applicant is...don't you think that in some ways it's better to show that you trust your file and to trust them too ? it's just my opinion..I'm sure not every one shares it and I respect that

in any case I cannot change what did happen..I'm just happy for the great news we got today and I wish you the best !
Hellooo!

Read about your wonderful news this is awesome, happy for you!!

By the way, concerning the issue of the notes, I have read on lawyer sites and other sites about the GCMS notes and they all say the same thing: does not affect your pr file....anyways enjoy having your husband with you soon!!!!!

Congrats again

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Hello guys!!! Hope everyone has been receiving good news from Mexico. I have a question for the ones that allready have landed. Have any of you guys applied for a visa to the USA? My husban landed beg. Of October And we wanted to apply for a visa to have it. We want to eventually travel to the states. I have been on their website and pretty much have an outline idea of what is needed. But i would like to k ow if there is anything that we should do to make sure he gets Approved. Thanks !!!

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
costacro said:
Hello guys!!! Hope everyone has been receiving good news from Mexico. I have a question for the ones that allready have landed. Have any of you guys applied for a visa to the USA? My husban landed beg. Of October And we wanted to apply for a visa to have it. We want to eventually travel to the states. I have been on their website and pretty much have an outline idea of what is needed. But i would like to k ow if there is anything that we should do to make sure he gets Approved. Thanks !!!
It's not very hard in my experience, if he's a Canadian PR he's 99.9% sure to get it. My wife got hers very easily and she's not a PR.

Darkzide121

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-15-13
Doc's Request.
DoJ California Criminal arrived 2/2/14
File Transfer...
11-18-13
Med's Done....
7-2-13
Interview........
2/26/14
Passport Req..
6/24/13
VISA ISSUED...
2/26/14
Hi, Me and my wife sent in the application, and it got send to Mexico instead of LA, even thou i am currently living in LA. When we sent in the application i included my FBI fingerprint result, stating theirs no criminal record of me.

I got this email today stating this

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the
processing of your application, we require the following:
• ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
Original Police
Certificate from State
of California.
Provide our office with an original Police Certificate from State
of California for you."

I check the original Canadian Immigration site, and i don't see anywhere stating i needed state clearance, specially since Federal > State. I got 60 days to send it in. Is this common?

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
Darkzide121 said:
Hi, Me and my wife sent in the application, and it got send to Mexico instead of LA, even thou i am currently living in LA. When we sent in the application i included my FBI fingerprint result, stating theirs no criminal record of me.

I got this email today stating this

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the
processing of your application, we require the following:
• ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
Original Police
Certificate from State
of California.
Provide our office with an original Police Certificate from State
of California for you."

I check the original Canadian Immigration site, and i don't see anywhere stating i needed state clearance, specially since Federal > State. I got 60 days to send it in. Is this common?
I think that's kind of strange as well but, with CIC anything is possible. I did find this recent thread that may answer your question.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/state-police-certificate-t173170.0.html

Darkzide121

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-15-13
Doc's Request.
DoJ California Criminal arrived 2/2/14
File Transfer...
11-18-13
Med's Done....
7-2-13
Interview........
2/26/14
Passport Req..
6/24/13
VISA ISSUED...
2/26/14
ksimental said:
I think that's kind of strange as well but, with CIC anything is possible. I did find this recent thread that may answer your question.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/state-police-certificate-t173170.0.html
Thanks, guess its because of my name, honestly i have the 3 most common possible names, ~.~

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
Darkzide121 said:
Thanks, guess its because of my name, honestly i have the 3 most common possible names, ~.~
I think they'll send the application wherever your a citizen of, if you have a Mexican passport but you're a US resident for example.

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
Does anyone know if we have to get the PGR translated or not? We'll be sending the requested documents in the next few days and that's the last thing we need to do.

JimE2013

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
I plan on doing the following: moving out of my apartment here in Canada, quitting my job, and putting my things in storage here and then waiting it out with my wife in Mexico on a visitor's visa. I would like to change my home address with CIC to that of a relative's address here. Would there be any issues with CIC because of this? Would it delay things? I am a Canadian citizen.

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
JimE2013 said:
I plan on doing the following: moving out of my apartment here in Canada, quitting my job, and putting my things in storage here and then waiting it out with my wife in Mexico on a visitor's visa. I would like to change my home address with CIC to that of a relative's address here. Would there be any issues with CIC because of this? Would it delay things? I am a Canadian citizen.
Don't do that, change it to your address in Mexico, since that's where you will be living.

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
JimE2013 said:
I did exactly that 2 years ago to be with my husband. Although, we weren't married yet so our application was non-existent. Where will you be moving to? I think it's fine. If I went now, I wouldn't change my mailing address at all because I have a PO Box. It might be a good idea to get one. When you go, just inform CIC that it's only temporary until your wife gets PR and send proof of intent to return. An open job offer from your employer, your storage contract, a letter from a relative stating that your mail will go to them and you can stay with them when you return until you find your own place. Going to be with her only helps to prove a genuine relationship and you're a Canadian Citizen. You're free to go.

Bibitte

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Hello my friends! I hope u are fine. My husband and me are so happy becouse the process is going very fast :) Our Time Line:

Med's Done....: 26-07-2013
App. Filed.......: 10-10-2013
File Transfer...: 14-11-2013 Sponsorship Approval
AOR Received.: 10-12-2013

We are waiting the letter from the embassy for asking to the PGR document and my husband will ask for the CSQ.

I have one question: How long does it take to receive the CSQ Certificat de Selection du Quebec?

Thanks a lot my friends! Love u so much!

Ahhhhhhh Ksentimental! I think I will translate de PGR document :) Bisous!

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
Bibitte said:
Hello my friends! I hope u are fine. My husband and me are so happy becouse the process is going very fast :) Our Time Line:

Med's Done....: 26-07-2013
App. Filed.......: 10-10-2013
File Transfer...: 14-11-2013 Sponsorship Approval
AOR Received.: 10-12-2013

We are waiting the letter from the embassy for asking to the PGR document and my husband will ask for the CSQ.

I have one question: How long does it take to receive the CSQ Certificat de Selection du Quebec?

Thanks a lot my friends! Love u so much!

Ahhhhhhh Ksentimental! I think I will translate de PGR document :) Bisous!
You got AOR from Mexico City one month after the transfer?!? That is AMAZING!! I'm so glad they're working faster to catch up after the strike. I'm sorry I don't know about the CSQ as I'm in Alberta but, I've talked to a few other people and no one got the PGR translated so, we're not going to either. We're hoping to send in all the papers from our doc request on Monday. I'm super excited that my husband may be here before the snow is gone!! :D

Bibitte

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
I cannot belive it! I am so excited! :) I need to wait for the CSQ and the PGR documents, they told me that we have 60 days for sending that documents but my husband is going to send other documents for having the CSQ and I need the letter from the embassy for asking the PGR document so I hope to do it soon. You will be with your husband very soon ksentimental! everything will be o.k for all of us :) Love u so much thanks a lot for your support during this process, we have to continue with all this stuff :) ahhhhhhh in the last letter from the embassy of mexico they told me that the process time will be 6 months :) fast fast fast :) I HOPE SO! :)