+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

suddapalli2000

Sep 23, 2005
India
Did anyone successfully payed tuition fees? Cashiers office says that we can pay fees but only after registering the amount will be reflected in our student account. Now registration dates are in the month of July,by then it will be way too late to apply for study permit.

So,as a proof of payment of tuition fees, Is wiring details from our bank enough to apply for study permit?
I am also facing same problem. I am thinking of paying through foreign exchange agency, so that we have some proof of payment.

Akshay7

Jun 9, 2017
Hi all,

I have applied for MSc Project based(non-thesis) program in MUN. My question is; do I need to find potential supervisor for Project based program? It would be appreciated if any alumnus or current student of MUN could provide some insights. Thank you.

msaidtopkaya

Jun 19, 2017
Hi everyone...
I have read lots of posts here but I coudn't find what I searched. I have some questions.

1. I want to apply MUN for a master program and I'm married. If I am accepted, can I get visa for my wife easily? Will my invitation letter enough to get visa for her? (I know that invitation letter is not guarantee to issue visa for me)

2. I heard something about family residence in the university. Can we stay there together? Do you have any experience about that?

I have no children.
My wife speaks English.
I am planning to apply for the MEd: Curriculum, Teaching and Learning Studies.

Thanks...

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Hi everyone...
I have read lots of posts here but I coudn't find what I searched. I have some questions.

1. I want to apply MUN for a master program and I'm married. If I am accepted, can I get visa for my wife easily? Will my invitation letter enough to get visa for her? (I know that invitation letter is not guarantee to issue visa for me)

2. I heard something about family residence in the university. Can we stay there together? Do you have any experience about that?

I have no children.
My wife speaks English.
I am planning to apply for the MEd: Curriculum, Teaching and Learning Studies.

Thanks...
1. Many students get visa for spouse, but nothing is guaranteed. There are several rejections too. There are list of documents to submit for each category of visa. The letter is one of them. Check cic.gc.ca for details.
2. It is tough to get into MUN family residence place, couples with kids are given preference. However there are plenty of places outside to rent for a small family. If you start searching 2 months ahead, it should be more than good enough. Most students with spouse (may be hundred or more!)live outside.

meow96

Jun 20, 2017
Hi,
As far as I know, MUN is pretty flexible when it comes to admissions. So if you meet the minimum requirements and you are applying for a course based program, I think you should be good. Also, since your last 2 years have an above total average GPA (These years normally have more technical subjects), I believe you can strongly fancy your changes for admission. Also, IELTS is all fine so no problems there! :)
Hey, I recently applied online and my concern are a few things
1. should I send them my original transcripts by courier is it safe ?
2. I recently turned 21 and I was surfing their website and it stated to submit two letter of recommendation from person of consent. I am confused what are those ?

msaidtopkaya

Jun 19, 2017
Hi everyone...

There are 5 program routes to follow in the Master program.
Course Route
Paper Folio Route
Internship Route
Project Report Route
Thesis Route

I am really confused here. Do PhD programs require a thesis? Can I apply for a PhD program with non-thesis master degree?
What about other routes?

They told me that course route is the easiest and shortest one. Is this true?

I am applying for MEd: Curriculum, Teaching and Learning Studies.

Thank you...

Reactions: Dee Fulani

Akshay7

Jun 9, 2017
Hey, I recently applied online and my concern are a few things
1. should I send them my original transcripts by courier is it safe ?
2. I recently turned 21 and I was surfing their website and it stated to submit two letter of recommendation from person of consent. I am confused what are those ?
1. You need not send your original degree. You need to arrange duplicate copies, get it sealed as official documents from your university and then courier the same to MUN.
2. Two letter of recommendations from your academic faculty who must have taught you a course at university level.

eyaboll

Jul 12, 2017
Hello to you reading,
I got accepted to MUN for Engineering One for September 2017, I don't think I will have my study permit in time to start this Fall. Is it possible to defer to January 2018 and still stay in the program? Has any student done that before?

Reactions: bevsko

basitz

Jun 15, 2017
Hello to you reading,
I got accepted to MUN for Engineering One for September 2017, I don't think I will have my study permit in time to start this Fall. Is it possible to defer to January 2018 and still stay in the program? Has any student done that before?
Yes you can but i think its too early.

Talk to the registrar, i think her name is meghan

Reactions: eyaboll

bevsko

Jun 22, 2017
Hello to you reading,
Hi there, how's your application? Thanks

eyaboll

Jul 12, 2017
Hi, my application stats is already at "Decision Made" but still no email from MUN. Could I contact you via email? Thanks
You'll receive an email with the decision soon, it took a few days for me to receive the admission letter after the "decision made" status came on. Sure, you can contact me.