+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical test for pregnant applicant

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi ! So apparently I came to know through other forums that , My Medicals have not been passed ( 90 days since AOR 6th Dec 2019 ) because my Pregnant wife skipped her xrays . Regardless of whether she accompany's or not , being a dependent she has to clear her medicals and only then will I get a final decision until then , my file will be kept on hold. Since the due date is in may2020 , I will need to wait for 2 more months so I decided to have a word with my doctor to know if my wife can get her xrays done now ! and she said my wife can now opt for xrays with a protective shield. which means I dont have to wait till she delivers. So within a day or two , I will get her xrays completed with the protective shield.Do you guys think this will accelerate my process in the sense atleast they will pass my medicals since we do not have any other medical histroy ? . Please advise. Regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi ! So apparently I came to know through other forums that , My Medicals have not been passed ( 90 days since AOR 6th Dec 2019 ) because my Pregnant wife skipped her xrays . Regardless of whether she accompany's or not , being a dependent she has to clear her medicals and only then will I get a final decision until then , my file will be kept on hold. Since the due date is in may2020 , I will need to wait for 2 more months so I decided to have a word with my doctor to know if my wife can get her xrays done now ! and she said my wife can now opt for xrays with a protective shield. which means I dont have to wait till she delivers. So within a day or two , I will get her xrays completed with the protective shield.Do you guys think this will accelerate my process in the sense atleast they will pass my medicals since we do not have any other medical histroy ? . Please advise. Regards
The processing will continue if your wife passes the medical. If the baby is born before you land you must contact CIC and add them to your PR application. You will have to submit documents, paperwork and medical.

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
The processing will continue if your wife passes the medical. If the baby is born before you land you must contact CIC and add them to your PR application. You will have to submit documents, paperwork and medical.
Thanks As per what I understand from your reply , I am presuming that once my wife's Xray is done , the medicals will be updated to " passed " and the file will continue to be processed.

Wina2019

Jul 5, 2019
I know it has been debated for a long time. I am already in Canada in a work permit status and have an ITA for PR application but found out I’m pregnant for 7weeks. My family doctor advise me not to do the xray. May I know if they will still put on hold even though, I am already within Canada?

Pmaiti

May 25, 2019
I know it has been debated for a long time. I am already in Canada in a work permit status and have an ITA for PR application but found out I’m pregnant for 7weeks. My family doctor advise me not to do the xray. May I know if they will still put on hold even though, I am already within Canada?
hi I was in same situation as yours and I was already working in Canada. There shouldn’t be any situation where they will issue a COPR without a X-ray. So here goes the math I did. Submitted all the documents with deferral letter and 1 month before the ETA of decision they ask forX-ray again otherwise they put the case on hold. if the doctor says okay for X-ray during the last trimester or after the child birth, then submit at that time. Usually they complete rest of the review. As long as u can submit the X-ray by last month there is no change in final date.

frekasoid

Jul 5, 2020
Hi, I want to know if the biometrics request would still be asked before the baby is born in the case of not taking the xray exam. Or is it only asked once we submit the the xray?

Also, should I expect that as a sign of my application moving or should I keep asking via email and gcms notes?

faranshakeel

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Yes as long as no TB testing is required.
Hi Canuck78,
Glad to connect again.

Post PPR, our newborn child's documents were received by india VO and he passed the medical examination and his name was added in the gckey in Jan 2020.
We got a Ghost Update in July 2020 but, there is no change in GCKey timeline.
What we shall assume next?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Canuck78,
Glad to connect again.

Post PPR, our newborn child's documents were received by india VO and he passed the medical examination and his name was added in the gckey in Jan 2020.
We got a Ghost Update in July 2020 but, there is no change in GCKey timeline.
What we shall assume next?
Because of office closures you can't receive passport stamping so you are stuck in a holding pattern.

Reactions: faranshakeel

Aida23

Sep 18, 2020
Hello,

we are in the same situation is you were in 2018. Could you pls tell me, if the application is put on hold, does that imply that we will have to repas the medical checkup after giving birth to a child?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Canuck78,
GU Today ( Sunday )
Medical Expired on 25th September 2020
What we should expect next ?

* Am a PA with dependents*
How have you applied for PR? Through Express Entry or PNP? You would likely be better off posting in those sections of the forum. Good luck.

Arindamce88

Aug 25, 2020
Dear Experts, @canuck78
Need your advice. I am CEC inland applicant. I submitted my application in Oct,2020. My wife’s x-ray was pending due to pregnancy, which i mentioned in LOE. Noe she has delivered the baby and completed her x-ray. I have noticed my medical was showing as ‘we are reviewing your medical exam result’ when my biometric updated. After few days of this my wife completed her x-ray. And exactly after 1 week of it my medical is showing as passed. With this situation i have the below questions:
1. Do i need to inform ircc about completion of my wife’s x-ray or they already got that information as they updated my medical as passed.
2. For the newborn kid as he is born in canada, what document should i share with ircc?
3. During AOR my wife was working in canada(no points claimed, only mentioned in personal history) after few days of AOR her status changed from working to Maternity leave, do we need to inform this to ircc?
Appreciate your response and suggestion. Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dear Experts, @canuck78
Need your advice. I am CEC inland applicant. I submitted my application in Oct,2020. My wife’s x-ray was pending due to pregnancy, which i mentioned in LOE. Noe she has delivered the baby and completed her x-ray. I have noticed my medical was showing as ‘we are reviewing your medical exam result’ when my biometric updated. After few days of this my wife completed her x-ray. And exactly after 1 week of it my medical is showing as passed. With this situation i have the below questions:
1. Do i need to inform ircc about completion of my wife’s x-ray or they already got that information as they updated my medical as passed.
2. For the newborn kid as he is born in canada, what document should i share with ircc?
3. During AOR my wife was working in canada(no points claimed, only mentioned in personal history) after few days of AOR her status changed from working to Maternity leave, do we need to inform this to ircc?
Appreciate your response and suggestion. Thanks in advance.
1. No, they already know.
2. Nothing, he is a Canadian citizen, you can update your IMM5406
3. No.