+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical test for pregnant applicant

WP +PR

Nov 26, 2019
Hi there:)

I am applying WP and PR both the same time for a start up visa program. So I will have my WP and working in Canada while waiting for my PR process.
I do understand that the X-ray will affect the PR process. But how about the WP visa process?

I am the main applicant and now 21weeks pregnant. I would like to know if in my case, will it be affect my WP application if I don’t do the X-ray?

thanks so much for your valuable information!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there:)

I am applying WP and PR both the same time for a start up visa program. So I will have my WP and working in Canada while waiting for my PR process.
I do understand that the X-ray will affect the PR process. But how about the WP visa process?

I am the main applicant and now 21weeks pregnant. I would like to know if in my case, will it be affect my WP application if I don’t do the X-ray?

thanks so much for your valuable information!
Yes. A medical cannot be approved until the x-ray is done.

VidhyaMalar

Nov 26, 2019
Hi, I was 7 weeks pregnant at the time of medical examination and submission of my application. I am a non accompanying spouse. Unfortunately at my 8th week, I miscarried my baby. So can I take x-ray now. Or should I consult with the cic for an answer. Pl guide.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I was 7 weeks pregnant at the time of medical examination and submission of my application. I am a non accompanying spouse. Unfortunately at my 8th week, I miscarried my baby. So can I take x-ray now. Or should I consult with the cic for an answer. Pl guide.
You can do the x-ray without consulting IRCC.

shaunbhai

Oct 25, 2019
Hi, I got an ITA today i.e. 8th Jan 2020. My wife is pregnant - 5th month and the baby is due May/June 2020. I get a sense of what happens in the medical and the deferral letter etc. I don't see myself landing in Canada before March 2021 as I would not want the baby to move until he/she turns a year old. I request for some serious advise here:
1. Should I decline the invite now and wait until an ITA in April / May 2020 so we can have a normal medical and other documentation?
2. Should I accept, go for Medicals, get the deferral letter and sit idle as the application will be on hold until the baby is born post which my wife can complete her medicals?
To top it up, I have got points under PNP which is valid until June 2020 :)

Please advise.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I got an ITA today i.e. 8th Jan 2020. My wife is pregnant - 5th month and the baby is due May/June 2020. I get a sense of what happens in the medical and the deferral letter etc. I don't see myself landing in Canada before March 2021 as I would not want the baby to move until he/she turns a year old. I request for some serious advise here:
1. Should I decline the invite now and wait until an ITA in April / May 2020 so we can have a normal medical and other documentation?
2. Should I accept, go for Medicals, get the deferral letter and sit idle as the application will be on hold until the baby is born post which my wife can complete her medicals?

Please advise.
This is really just a personal decision.

1. She would have a "normal medical" either way, just with the x-ray done at the same time or later.

2. It wouldn't sit on hold. Everything else would process as normal. It would only be on hold if EVERYTHING else was done and all that was needed was her x-ray.

faranshakeel

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Thankyou for your reply. The reason for me not accompanying was pregnancy. Now I hope that doesn't create any issue.
----

Hi canuck_in_uk,

Hope you'r doing well!

Today our new born kid detail has been updated in GCKey with a UCI No...

Ours is SINP (OID) so What we shall expect next? MR or PPR?

Also
Medical status of ours (excluding new dependent) has been changed to *Under Review* from *Medical Passed*

--
Regards

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
----

Hi canuck_in_uk,

Hope you'r doing well!

Today our new born kid detail has been updated in GCKey with a UCI No...

Ours is SINP (OID) so What we shall expect next? MR or PPR?

Also
Medical status of ours (excluding new dependent) has been changed to *Under Review* from *Medical Passed*

--
Regards
You need to do the child's medical. Don't wait for it to be requested.

ludel1722

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Don't decline it, specially with how high are the scores right now. Don't see any problem with the medical referral.

Please advise.

PB13CHEEMA

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Hi! I’m in the same situation. Our doctor said that we can push the X-ray until the 20th week and that’s in 2months. He didn’t give us a deferral letter but did say that he will mention that the X-ray can be done in 2months and we had the other medical tests. Do I need to inform/email the CIC or can I submit my application as it is along with a letter of explanation? Could you let us know possible.

!
hi just one question so did everything went well even if we do x rays in pregnancy? i am planing to get done our medical during pregnancy . some sats its bad some says its ok

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi just one question so did everything went well even if we do x rays in pregnancy? i am planing to get done our medical during pregnancy . some sats its bad some says its ok
That is something you should discuss with a doctor or research. It is a personal choice.