+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical test for pregnant applicant

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,
I’ve got my babies’ medicals done. The medical request letter said that the results would be submitted by the panel physician to IRCC for assessment.
Does this mean I don’t need to upload the acknowledgment for the babies’ medicals to my account? I ask because there seems to be no place to upload these, unlike other documents (such as passports, educational documents etc)
Thanks.
The panel physicians submit the medical directly to CIC.

faranshakeel

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi

The x-ray is compulsory for all applicants. Pregnant women are not exempted; they can simply get an extension on completing it until after the birth. The app will not be completed until after that. There is no point in going to another Panel Physician.

The office should submit the medical as it is now to IRCC, along with the pregnancy deferral letter.
----------

Would there be delay in medical result from CIC as my wife was 7 month pregnant during medical examination.... would CIC hold our result and declare result with the baby (yet to born)?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
----------

Would there be delay in medical result from CIC as my wife was 7 month pregnant during medical examination.... would CIC hold our result and declare result with the baby (yet to born)?
If she had the x-ray, the app would continue to be processed. If the child is born before you land, you must add it to the app.

Reactions: faranshakeel

faranshakeel

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Yes her xray was conducted using double sheild. My question :- shall we expect result outcome from cic now or they will put on hold till baby born

Reactions: EnthuChap

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The baby will likely be born before she can arrive in Canada so you’ll have to add the baby. You have to remember that most airlines also limit travel at a certain point in pregnancy and babies often arrive early,

Reactions: faranshakeel

faranshakeel

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
We have passed our Medical today (27th Sept 2019).Though the panel physician informed CIC about wife pregnancy ( x ray done) Do I also need to inform the CIC about my wife's pregnancy?

faranshakeel

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Decision has been made in my Ecas. ..that means they will issue PPR now OR will wait for baby to arrive and request PPR altogether?

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Hey,

We passed the medicals without doing x-ray for my wife. We're submitted the pregnancy deferral letter and in few days, our medicals got approved.
hi,

we are in the same situation right now please explain what was the letter about, what was written in that letter and who provided you that letter?
Thanks

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Hey,

We passed the medicals without doing x-ray for my wife. We're submitted the pregnancy deferral letter and in few days, our medicals got approved.
Hi
how are you? we are in the same boat. can you please help us explain what is the pregnancy deferral letter, who can issue it and submit and where and what should be written in it? Please and thanks to you.

Regards