+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hi everyone,

I am a June applicant and was hoping that you more experienced applicants can help me with question 9F. This question does not apply to me but the available choices are yes or no in check boxes. for people who this did not apply, how did you fill the form? did you leave it blank? did you select no or did you write NA in the check box after the print?

Appreciate your response.
The question starts off saying that answer this question only if you choose previous LINC results as language proof.. so if it is not applicable to you, leave it blank.

Reactions: iama

NewPRReciever

Jun 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I have been having this very dumb question with respect to the wordings provided in the application
"if you have all of the required photocopies of passports or travel documents for the six (6) years immediately before the date of your application or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent (“the relevant period”)."

What does this truly mean ?
eg: I came in 2011 to Canada, and became a PR in 2014. So do I submit all the needed passport pages from the 2011 or from 2014 ?
the part that confuses me the most is the "whichever most recent part", I became a PR in 2014 so that is the most recent date, so do I use that as my period for providing all the proof ?

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hello Everyone,

I have been having this very dumb question with respect to the wordings provided in the application
"if you have all of the required photocopies of passports or travel documents for the six (6) years immediately before the date of your application or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent (“the relevant period”)."

What does this truly mean ?
eg: I came in 2011 to Canada, and became a PR in 2014. So do I submit all the needed passport pages from the 2011 or from 2014 ?
the part that confuses me the most is the "whichever most recent part", I became a PR in 2014 so that is the most recent date, so do I use that as my period for providing all the proof ?
Do you have different passports for both these years?

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
six (6) years immediately before the date of your application or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent

In your case relevant period is from the date you became a PR... as you became a PR in 2014 is more recent than the 6 years from now.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
We got hit twice by the two laws!
Yes , its indeed heart breaking. to my surprise it took them almost a year to implement C24 after receiving royal assent but for C6 just 2 months???

NewPRReciever

Jun 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
six (6) years immediately before the date of your application or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent

In your case relevant period is from the date you became a PR... as you became a PR in 2014 is more recent than the 6 years from now.
Sorry to repeat what you already mentioned, so in my case I would have to submit all the necessary information eg: passport pages with travel stamps, from the year 2014 ?

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Sorry to repeat what you already mentioned, so in my case I would have to submit all the necessary information eg: passport pages with travel stamps, from the year 2014 ?
Yes..Steve is correct. But in my personal opinion I would include all the stamps in the last 6 years just to make sure I cover all my bases esp since you have one passport only- You will cover the 2014 year anyway too that way. That's just my opinion.